widnes14

Denis Norden

Hes been slowly dying and telling horrible jokes for years now... why isnt he on the list?

Or can i just not see well.... banghead.gif

The one who does ITLL BE ALRIGHT ON THE NIGHT

dont mean to sound a know-it-all but you spell it Dennis NordEn

I'm hearing reports that the man with the clipboard has chuckled his last... Any evidence, anyone?

Nothing showed up on Google. Never mind, I'm sure it'll be all right on the night.

I saw him with his wife in Sainsburys in Leatherhead a few years ago - what a miserable pair. Neither of them managed to crack a smile.

A colleague of mine saw him sheepishly emerging from a sex shop on Goodge Street. With a bag full of loot. Of course, he took a picture with his camera phone.

A colleague of mine saw him sheepishly emerging from a sex shop on Goodge Street. With a bag full of loot. Of course, he took a picture with his camera phone.

Where are you getting the rumour of his demise?

According to this website

Archaic TV Presenter Dennis Norden has finally laid to rest the rumour that he has been laid to rest. Norden, who is best known for presenting the endless repeats of It'll Be Alright On The Night, vehemently denied he died of a heart attack 10 years ago.

"For the last F*****g time, I am not dead." he scowled, in an exclusive interview with Crunt.

"And for your information Those Alright on The Night repeats are not repeats, I've been making new ones for the past 10 years!" he added.

He angrily declined to comment when questioned on his opinion of Neil Morrissey on TV's Naughtiest Blunders.

Really?! We don't believe you. Did your friend thoughtfully text said picture to you, and if so could you e-mail it in to the site.

That well-known bastion of accuracy Popbitch is also reporting his demise. However, it's quite possible that whoever posted the 'news' originally read it on here...

Until it's on t'Beeb website I ain't believing it :shoot:

According to this website

Archaic TV Presenter Dennis Norden has finally laid to rest the rumour that he has been laid to rest. Norden, who is best known for presenting the endless repeats of It'll Be Alright On The Night, vehemently denied he died of a heart attack 10 years ago.

"For the last F*****g time, I am not dead." he scowled, in an exclusive interview with Crunt.

"And for your information Those Alright on The Night repeats are not repeats, I've been making new ones for the past 10 years!" he added.

He angrily declined to comment when questioned on his opinion of Neil Morrissey on TV's Naughtiest Blunders.

That story was from May 1st, 2005. There is still no report of his death anywhere though.

That story was from May 1st, 2005. There is still no report of his death anywhere though.

I know it's an old story but I thought it was mildly amusing.

Guest Shuffler

Now confirmed by article in yesterday's Rochdale Observer. If you look closely, you'll see that it contains the words "Norden... lost... to... world". I don't need anymore proof than that! Beats Wiki!

There was an "article" in the Mirror a few years back hinting that Denis Norden frequents brothels and gets his action from prostitutes - can't be good for his heart at his age, surely?

There was an "article" in the Mirror a few years back hinting that Denis Norden frequents brothels and gets his action from prostitutes - can't be good for his heart at his age, surely?

Aha, the Tabloid Press!

Perverters of public opinion and peddlers of evil shite™ since time immemorial.

You'd be better off believing what you read on deathlist.net. :unsure:

I'm confused. A bag full of loot?

Loot's money, right? He'd just held the place up? Did your colleague take the picture to the police so they can prosecute the old burgling bastard?

No, hang on, Loot's a magazine as well, isn't it? Loot magazine? I'm sure I've heard of it, but I wasn't under the impression that it was magazine stuffed full of tits n'arse.

In which case I shall have to keep a surreptitious eye open and also grab myself a bag full of loot.

But unlike Norden I shan't be embarking on said mission with a handgun and a stocking over my head.

Allegedly.

Is there any recent news on his condition?

He has looked about 100 years old for decades yet keeps poppin out these blooper programmes.

He's a pick on my DDP team and i chose him every year, sort of like my own personal Clive Dunn.

Theres no real reason not to replace him but my list would feel empty without him.

I had a dream about him some years ago...in the dream I could hear the song "Denis Denis" by Blondie, and there were lots of images of the great man smiling and holding his clipboard. Then the music stopped abruptly and Peter Sissons appeared behind a newsdesk and uttered the words "Denis Norden, who died today."

Shame Sissons is seldom on the news today, it would be quite something to see Denis Norden's demise reported thusly...

The Nord turned up in the BBC4 documentary about Bob Monkhouse tonight as one of the talking heads. He looked a lot healthier than you'd imagine, seems to look a lot less gaunt than he did when "It'll Be All Right On The Night" ended.

Documentary also reminds me that, alongside Kim Jong-Il, Monkhouse had one of the largest private film collections on the planet.

The Nord turned up in the BBC4 documentary about Bob Monkhouse tonight as one of the talking heads. He looked a lot healthier than you'd imagine, seems to look a lot less gaunt than he did when "It'll Be All Right On The Night" ended.

Documentary also reminds me that, alongside Kim Jong-Il, Monkhouse had one of the largest private film collections on the planet.

Deserves a posthumous knighthood for keeping previously thought missing episodes of Hancock's Half Hour and some audio recordings of Not Only But Also...and

goodness what else. Fascinating documentary.

Deserves a posthumous knighthood for keeping previously thought missing episodes of Hancock's Half Hour and some audio recordings of Not Only But Also...and

goodness what else. Fascinating documentary.

I saw that too - a great programme (as was the documentary that followed about the history of TV light entertainment which featured numerous deceased but much missed entertainers, and Jeremy Beadle), and I too noticed how sprightly Mr Norden is looking. Maybe picking him for the DDP was a mistake, as he doesn't look like he'll be reunited with Fwank Muir any time soon.

Guest Guest

I have heard from an 'informed source' that the former TV presenter Denis Norden has sadly died at the age of 89 .Still trying to find internet verification though