Sign in to follow this  
faustus

Is there any point....

I started a topic on Live 8 earlier today, expecting some intelligent and sincere replies...but the topic seems to have vanished into oblivion...WTF...

I started a topic on Live 8 earlier today, expecting some intelligent and sincere replies...but the topic seems to have vanished into oblivion...WTF...

I can only guess that no one cared.

Who died?

Or were you referring to the un-named millions?

I think this thread is going to die soon ... it's gonna be merged :devil:

Guest old mooro

a topic is a chocolate sweet in a wrapper, probably more substantial food is what today is about.

Guest Lived so lets die

Probably its because no one has died, on the list so far and people see the suns out. And think they'll go out instead of sitting infront of their computers,. :devil:

I'e gotta fess up to that fautus.

It was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, seeing how many new topics we've been getting that are un-DL-related recently.

I didn't really think Live 8 had an awful lot to do with DL, but it seems, from another Live 8 thread being added, a fair proportion of members disagree with me.

Sorry about the confusion.

I have an idea for a topic which is death related, how do I go about starting a new topic?

This is just a hunch, but pressing the 'new topic' button might be a start.

I fear we may have a new twat on the block.

No Lardy dear, death master bob has a good point and he's posted it in exactly the right place, a nihilistic thread like this deserves a bit of discussion, particularly at this time of night when I am thoroughly three sheets in the wind, topped up with beer, cocktails, wine and with a view to writing any old crap in any old thread. As you say, all he has to do is press that new topic button but he knows and you and even I fucking know that's not the end of it. What he's looking for, it seems to me, is some guidance on how to create an original thread. Well I'm fucked if I know. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't it. A bit of boldness is called for, a bit of not giving a damn if the the thread is merged or shot down in flames, but both are preferable to doing nothing at all. So go for it death master bob. Start that thread, and, if it doesn't go anywhere, walk on with your head held high in the knowledge that 50 per cent of the people posting here are are wankers and 50 per cent are decent intelligent contributors whose presence far outweighs the morons (mormons) who clutter up the threads with their meaningless drivel, probably not very much unlike this.

Live 8? Never heard of it.

Godot

No Lardy dear, death master bob has a good point and he's posted it in exactly the right place, a nihilistic thread like this deserves a bit of discussion, particularly at this time of night when I am thoroughly three sheets in the wind, topped up with beer, cocktails, wine and with a view to writing any old crap in any old thread. As you say, all he has to do is press that new topic button but he knows and you and even I fucking know that's not the end of it. What he's looking for, it seems to me, is some guidance on how to create an original thread. Well I'm fucked if I know. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't it. A bit of boldness is called for, a bit of not giving a damn if the the thread is merged or shot down in flames, but both are preferable to doing nothing at all. So go for it death master bob. Start that thread, and, if it doesn't go anywhere, walk on with your head held high in the knowledge that 50 per cent of the people posting here are are wankers and 50 per cent are decent intelligent contributors whose presence far outweighs the morons (mormons) who clutter up the threads with their meaningless drivel, probably not very much unlike this.

Live 8? Never heard of it.

Godot

We are in the same boat - it's a school night and I am best friends with Jack.

I know which 50% I'd like to be in - and I know which 50% I'm actually in.

Whiskey on a Thursday - not ideal.

I have an idea for a topic which is death related, how do I go about starting a new topic?

I fear you may be right.

I hope he does discover how to create a new topic, maybe then he'll stop resurrecting topics from 6 years ago!

According to his profile he's 65 years old. Methinks he's misplaced a decimal point.

I fear you may be right.

I hope he does discover how to create a new topic, maybe then he'll stop resurrecting topics from 6 years ago!

According to his profile he's 65 years old. Methinks he's misplaced a decimal point.

Ah, Methusela, I've been waiting so long for you.

Now where's my sword?

There can be only one.

I don't know if people want me to make a thread on people who die when waiting to go to trial. What do you all think?

I don't know if people want me to make a thread on people who die when waiting to go to trial. What do you all think?

Well...would they not be dead already? Which means that we can't really predict whether or not they are going die...

Or have I missed the point?

I 'all think' I don't give a damn. Make a thread, don't make a thread. If it grabs my attention, all well and good. If it doesn't I'll not be looking at it, so I don't really care if its there or not.

Thanks for asking though.