Lady Die

Duchess of Kent

Noticed her absence from Wimbledon tennis. Is she OK? (I know she's suffered from M.E. in the past)

• Like 1

Not M.E., ME.

I have noticed that she takes part in very few engagements. She even fails to accompany her husband on practically all of his. But then again there was word of separation a while back.

Found this on the web:

"The Duchess of Kent decided to relinquish her royal style in 2002 and reduce the amount of royal duties she carries out."

And thanks to Mrs Josco for correction re ME

Speaking of the Royals ... Now that Camilla is officially Royal, can we consider her father Major Bruce Shand (b.1917) for the list? He made it into Wikipedia which (going by every other person on the list) makes him famous enough.

Speaking of the Royals ... Now that Camilla is officially Royal, can we consider her father Major Bruce Shand (b.1917) for the list? He made it into Wikipedia which (going by every other person on the list) makes him famous enough.

Definitely ... especially as he's getting on a bit

Found this on the web:

"The Duchess of Kent decided to relinquish her royal style in 2002 and reduce the amount of royal duties she carries out."

Mrs Josco? I do hope she isn't in on this.

By the way, I meant ME as in Me Myself and I, not Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

What did you do to the dear Duchess?

regards,

Hein

Found this on the web:

Mrs Josco? I do hope she isn't in on this.

Oops I meant MR Josco of course.

What's "ME" got to do with the duchess?

Anybody considered the lovely Duchess of Kent for any of their lists pools for 2017? She's 83 now and looks frail and doddery in some photos but less so in others.

• Like 1

Anybody considered the lovely Duchess of Kent for any of their lists pools for 2017? She's 83 now and looks frail and doddery in some photos but less so in others.

You are bang on. We are due a royal death I think.

Duke of Ed is ok for 17, so I queen, so I think this is good pick.

She gave me my degree. One of the girls on the course was cross because she said about being given a degree by someone with merit rather than just who they had married but when it came down to it she gave the most magnificent curtesy.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2017 at 16:22, Bibliogryphon said:

She gave me my degree. One of the girls on the course was cross because she said about being given a degree by someone with merit rather than just who they had married but when it came down to it she gave the most magnificent curtesy.

Sorry meant to respond to this ages ago! 

That doesn't surprise me at all, The Duchess of Kent seems to be a a person who puts people at their ease quite quickly and is not really grand at all. I believe in the late 1990s early 2000s she spent a few years as a music teacher or tutor at a school in Yorkshire but none of them seemed to know who she was which was just the way she liked it. 

She doesn't strike me as having any self importance about her. 

She was close to the late Princess Diana and a bit of an ally for Sarah Ferguson /The Duchess of York after scandal and silly antics caused her to be basically exiled from much of the royal family. She had her back so to speak and spoke up for her when antipathy towards Fergie was quite high within royal circles. 

I'd probably curtesy or bow to her and quite happily despite not really being much of a royalist at all! 

6 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Sorry meant to respond to this ages ago! 

That doesn't surprise me at all, The Duchess of Kent seems to be a a person who puts people at their ease quite quickly and is not really grand at all. I believe in the late 1990s early 2000s she spent a few years as a music teacher or tutor at a school in Yorkshire but none of them seemed to know who she was which was just the way she liked it. 

She doesn't strike me as having any self importance about her. 

She was close to the late Princess Diana and a bit of an ally for Sarah Ferguson /The Duchess of York after scandal and silly antics caused her to be basically exiled from much of the royal family. She had her back so to speak and spoke up for her when antipathy towards Fergie was quite high within royal circles. 

I'd probably curtesy or bow to her and quire happily despite not really being much of a royalist at all! 

It was a formal occasion so it seemed appropriate. Melvyn Bragg is the chancellor now.

42 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

It was a formal occasion so it seemed appropriate. Melvyn Bragg is the chancellor now.

Who's alright/not as up himself as people would have you believe as well - I know, met him a few times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4698212/The-real-star-Wimbledon-Duchess-Kent.html

Put in an appearance at Wimbledon today, looks cheerful but a little frail or unsteady mobility wise. 

Ah, the "ever elegant" duchess who has "always won hearts." Gotta love the Daily Mail and their refusal to admit that Harold MacMillan ever lost power.

• Like 3

Gave a rare interview to the BBC where she talked about tennis. She looked fine but she was caked in makeup. Although she was seated her shoulders seemed very frail. Had no trouble recalling her encounter with Jana Novotna and even made a joke about being a royal. I'd be very surprised if she did go this year.

48 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Gave a rare interview to the BBC where she talked about tennis. She looked fine but she was caked in makeup. Although she was seated her shoulders seemed very frail. Had no trouble recalling her encounter with Jana Novotna and even made a joke about being a royal. I'd be very surprised if she did go this year.

From said interview:

Dof_K.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:28, Bibliogryphon said:

Spooky!

2 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Why wouldn't she remember that?  As far as I'm aware there's been no suggestion that there's anything mentally amiss with her.  She's had a number of health issues in the past though, and seems quite fragile.

• Like 1

She looks like a woman in her 80's.Watched the interview.Completely with it still.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

What channel and time was that on? (Big tennis fan, and particularly of Jana Novotna).

2 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

What channel and time was that on? (Big tennis fan, and particularly of Jana Novotna).

BBC news at 2ish.Simon McCoy was interviewing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1