Lady Die

Duchess of Kent

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Nope 

If confirmed  then I really do think she needs to be on next years list.  I cannot sew anything but poor health and frailty stopping her from attending.   Lady Pamela Hicks and David Ogilvy  are there in their nineties and mobility restricted. 

She was at Harry's wedding- she's not going to snub  the Queens funeral.  Ain't her style. 

• Like 3

She wasn’t there. I should emphasise however that the funeral was more so for official dignitaries.

The private service later will include 800+ people. The whole of the Royal family, all the godchildren of the Queen and many staff past and present.

Here’s the last photo I could find of her, from late May.

0D61564A-E192-4B8B-A105-7E7ABC7732BF.jpeg

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

She wasn’t there. I should emphasise however that the funeral was more so for official dignitaries.

The private service later will include 800+ people. The whole of the Royal family, all the godchildren of the Queen and many staff past and present.

Here’s the last photo I could find of her, from late May.

0D61564A-E192-4B8B-A105-7E7ABC7732BF.jpeg

I'm assuming that the guest list for the private family service and burial will remain private? So unfortunately  we will just have to  speculate unless a photo emerges.  I suppose there is a small chance she goes to the more intimate family service and not the Westminster Abbey ceremonial one. But that in itself might suggest health and stamina issues that she only feels up to attending one of them.

I genuinely think if she was up to attending both services, like another non working royal married in her sister in law Princess Michael of Kent,  she would have. 

When she stepped down from royal duties there was no drama or hostility with The Queen. 

Just my thoughts  anyhow. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm assuming that the guest list for the private family service and burial will remain private? So unfortunately  we will just have to  speculate unless a photo emerges.  I suppose there is a small chance she goes to the more intimate family service and not the Westminster Abbey ceremonial one. But that in itself might suggest health and stamina issues that she only feels up to attending one of them.

I genuinely think if she was up to attending both services, like another non working royal married in her sister in law Princess Michael of Kent,  she would have. 

When she stepped down from royal duties there was no drama or hostility with The Queen. 

Just my thoughts  anyhow. 

On the BBC Live text, it says the 800 guests will be at Commital Service when she arrives at Windsor, which will be televised so if she's there you may see her. The private burial later will be smaller still and remain private.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

On the BBC Live text, it says the 800 guests will be at Commital Service when she arrives at Windsor, which will be televised so if she's there you may see her. The private burial later will be smaller still and remain private.

Do we know an air time?

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Do we know an air time?

4pm for the Commital Service (she'll arrive about 10 minutes earlier). 7.30pm for the private burial when she and the Duke of Edinburgh will be raised from the Royal Vault and placed in the King George VI Memorial Chapel. Coverage already started at Windsor though with the congregation arriving and the dulcet tones of David Dimbleby on the mic.

She clearly is not in great health as she would have had a seat at the Abbey - her kids and some of her grandchildren were they so it’s not as if she wasn’t invited. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Duchess of Kent WAS there https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62890879

Probably didn't focus on her out of respect, same way they didn't focus on poor old Duke of Kent as he struggled through the Abbey.

I can’t see her in any of the pictures through. Could the BBC have assumed she was was there ? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Duchess of Kent WAS there https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62890879

Probably didn't focus on her out of respect, same way they didn't focus on poor old Duke of Kent as he struggled through the Abbey.

Think they're mistaken. Here, Duke of Kent is sat next to his son and his wife and extended family. Behind you can see Prince and Princess Michael and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were together too a little further across the photo.

Screenshot_20220919-143409_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Think they're mistaken. Here, Duke of Kent is sat next to his son and his wife and extended family. Behind you can see Prince and Princess Michael and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were together too a little further across the photo.

Screenshot_20220919-143409_Samsung Internet.jpg

And while the Duke and Duchess are apparently effectively separated they would still sit together. If she was there (which I am pretty sure she was not) and at the back it could only be for health reasons. 

Could she have been with the Earl of Airlie, Lady Pamela Mountbatten and other aged Royals? I can't see Lady Mountbatten in that group either but enough news agencies said she was there?

5 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Could she have been with the Earl of Airlie, Lady Pamela Mountbatten and other aged Royals? I can't see Lady Mountbatten in that group either but enough news agencies said she was there?

• Like 2

Twitter doesn't have any pics of the Duchess from the funeral, and lots of people who seem sure she was missing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well not long to wait for the opportunity to look to see if she has made it to the Windsor service  .

I can’t see her. 

There was a female sitting with Duke of Kent and Princess Michael nbut the view was obscured and brief.  So I couldn't make out if it was Princess Alexandra or her sister in law The Duchess of Kent. 

Just now, The Old Crem said:

I can’t see her. 

Some twitter research shows this royal blogger,  who many  seem to think is on the reliable  side, claiming or confirming  she was absent due to health and mobility issues.

That stray comma in the first line completely changes the meaning.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Youth in Asia said:

Technically  yes but it may have been unintentional by the author who my be oblivious to the implication.

3 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Agreed, it needs to "no"s or no comma.