Lady Die

Duchess of Kent

Cheers.

And, in thanks, here's a picture of the Duchess of Kent with Steffi Graf at the Wimbledon Ladies Final in 1996 taken by my good self.

241954586_wimbledon0025(2).jpg.a431afe488577dbcac4bc2563d9c90ab.jpg

A notable absentee at Lady Gabriellas wedding at the weekend was her Aunt the Duchess of Kent who I believe also missed Princess Eugenies wedding. 

Perhaps a significant ominous sign. Perhaps not... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

A notable absentee at Lady Gabriellas wedding at the weekend was her Aunt the Duchess of Kent who I believe also missed Princess Eugenies wedding. 

Perhaps a significant ominous sign. Perhaps not... 

I take that as ominous - Eugenie was an extended relative but Gabriella is her niece and I believe the Kent's are close.

She needs to be considered for next's year list.

• Like 2

The Duchess of Kent was one of the senior royals who was absent from the Buckingham Palace balcony today for trooping of the colour. She has been a regular attendee in recent years so her absence might be noteworthy. 

Another regular attendee who was absent this year was her sister in law and the Queens cousin Princess Alexandra.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The Duchess of Kent was one of the senior royals who was absent from the Buckingham Palace balcony today for trooping of the colour. She has been a regular attendee in recent years so her absence might be noteworthy. 

Another regular attendee who was absent this year was her sister in law and the Queens cousin Princess Alexandra.

The duchess needs to be be on the list I think for next year.

Princess Alexandra attended an engagement on Thursday in Cornwall so maybe she is still down there. Looks well for 82.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/royal-visit-royal-cornwall-show-2948586

• Thanks 2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9977689/A-royal-wedding-Princess-Alexandras-granddaughter-Flora-Ogilvy-celebrates-nuptials-blessings.html

The Duchess of Kent seems to be the only member of the Kent branch of the royal family absent at the wedding blessing service of her great niece Flora the granddaughter of  Princess Alexandra. 

Her husband the Duke of Kent was present as was his brother Prince Michael of Kent and his wife.

But unless I am mistaken no Duchess of Kent. 

May signify something. May not. But I thought it worth highlighting.

46 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9977689/A-royal-wedding-Princess-Alexandras-granddaughter-Flora-Ogilvy-celebrates-nuptials-blessings.html

The Duchess of Kent seems to be the only member of the Kent branch of the royal family absent at the wedding blessing service of her great niece Flora the granddaughter of  Princess Alexandra. 

Her husband the Duke of Kent was present as was his brother Prince Michael of Kent and his wife.

But unless I am mistaken no Duchess of Kent. 

May signify something. May not. But I thought it worth highlighting.

Some truly terrible outfits.  Why does Sophie Wessex always wear such frumpy clothes?

Alexander is in several photos though, which should please a few here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Toast said:

Some truly terrible outfits.  Why does Sophie Wessex always wear such frumpy clothes?

Alexander is in several photos though, which should please a few here.

Alexander is incredibly  easy on the eye. A real treat!

Sophie is beautiful and with a bit of adjustment in her choice of clothes she would be splendid. 

Perhaps she's one of life's creatures who isn't  vain?

A shame because  I do thing just a bit of adjustment would elevate  greatly. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Sophie is beautiful and with a bit of adjustment in her choice of clothes she would be splendid. 

Whatever your real job is I hope it is the above. Wonderful. Laugh, cry, astonish and like. From here to the moon.......

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I don't think it's vain to try to look your best.  It's a compliment to the people you meet.

But I agree, she's lovely and could easily look effortlessly elegant.  The pink dress is basically fine if a bit too long, but those sleeves! :facepalm:  that neckline!  :facepalm: 

She would look so much better with that dress stripped back with say a boat neck and plain long sleeves.  The hat looks wrong with the dress and the thick ankle straps on the shoes are ugly.

I'm always sad to see photos of Louise as you can tell her mother chooses her clothes.  Hope she manages to break free soon and find her own style.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The only royal I’ve got any time for. Absolute fucking dreamboat :wub::wub:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

I don't think it's vain to try to look your best.  It's a compliment to the people you meet.

But I agree, she's lovely and could easily look effortlessly elegant.  The pink dress is basically fine if a bit too long, but those sleeves! :facepalm:  that neckline!  :facepalm: 

She would look so much better with that dress stripped back with say a boat neck and plain long sleeves.  The hat looks wrong with the dress and the thick ankle straps on the shoes are ugly.

I'm always sad to see photos of Louise as you can tell her mother chooses her clothes.  Hope she manages to break free soon and find her own style.

You sound like you could be Sophies Angela Kelly who does a brilliant job as the Queens dresser!  Imagine working as Countess  Sophies dresser you'd be able to report all kinds of royal gossip to this forum discreetly!:lol:

One thing I like about Sophie and some of the other royals  like the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Anne and yes Princess Alexandra  is that they do a lot of the unglamorous work and engagements. The more thankless boring tasks without the showboating and  glory hunting that some others over the years have indulged in.

To use a clichéd slightly tired phrase - they just get on with it. No big fuss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The only royal I’ve got any time for. Absolute fucking dreamboat :wub::wub:

He is very dreamy  but let's be clear you are behind me in the queue and once he has experienced the promised land with me I'm not sure he will feel a need to bother with the rest of the queue!:D;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

He is very dreamy  but let's be clear you are behind me in the queue and once he has experienced the promised land with me I'm not sure he will feel a need to bother with the rest of the queue!:D;)

Alexander Who?

51 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Alexander Ogilvy.  The grandson of the Queens cousin  Princess Alexandra. 

Arthur Chatto, the Queen's great nephew, is much hotter.

He just joined the Marines 2 weeks ago, becoming the first British Royal to do so.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Arthur Chatto, the Queen's great nephew, is much hotter.

He just joined the Marines 2 weeks ago, becoming the first British Royal to do so.

Arthur is very hot I agree  but Alex has some X factor about him that works well on me and makes him my favourite.  It might in part be his blonde hair.

However all of the  grandchildren  of Princess Margaret from what I can make  out  are very good looking.

16 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/the-british-royals-who-attended-prince-philips-memorial-service-and-those-who-were-missing-174671/

According to this Royal  news website the Duchess of Kent was unable  to attend Prince Philips memorial service today.

Who was the lady who accompanied the Duke of Kent to the memorial service? Huw Edwards certainly ignored her presence as he didn't seem to know nor did he know the names of the two men at the end of the row in which Boris Johnson was at the other end next to Riki, Liz & Pritti.

3 hours ago, The Watcher said:

Who was the lady who accompanied the Duke of Kent to the memorial service? Huw Edwards certainly ignored her presence as he didn't seem to know nor did he know the names of the two men at the end of the row in which Boris Johnson was at the other end next to Riki, Liz & Pritti.

I think (but I don't know for sure) it was his daughter-in-law, the Countess of St Andrews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Toast said:

I think (but I don't know for sure) it was his daughter-in-law, the Countess of St Andrews.

Certianly looks like her and going by Google she has walked beside him in that manner before at events 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

According to this Royal  news website the Duchess of Kent was unable  to attend Prince Philips memorial service today.

I noticed the Duchess's absence, when the Duke and Michaels arrived. I know she doesn't appear for any old event these days but this felt like one she'd be at.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Thanks, I had no idea who she was. Vaguely assumed just an aide or - I daresay - nurse, particularly when nobody seemed to know who she was!

No Princess Alexandra either...

• Like 3

Supposedly a lot of people have Covid, so that might be the reason for any MIAs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Toast said:

Supposedly a lot of people have Covid, so that might be the reason for any MIAs.

Princess Alexandra also attended the commonwealth service  recently.  Perhaps she can only do limited stints nowadays so she doesn't get overtired and it was decided the  commonwealth service was the better choice?

Her granddaughter  Flora Ogilvy  who rarely is on the invite list for royal events did attend yesterday though.  Perhaps she was her grandmothers replacement or rather her representative?

• Like 1