M.Lawrenson

Doris Day

RIP A beautiful lady.

• Like 1

Was Doris Day one of the biggest absences from the AFI greatest list - she was eligible as her career started before 1950.

• Like 1

She would still have two more years to go had her birth year really been 1924. That birth certificate they located aged her and thus was a curse for her. :(

RIP.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Predictor said:

She would still have two more years to go had her birth year really been 1924. That birth certificate they located aged her and thus was a curse for her. :(

RIP.

Thats not how it works...

Day finally gets a front page obit, which probably means Hawke’s and Wouk’s obit will follow soon. 

One of her biggest movies came in 195 with Calamity Jane. In 2956 she starred in Hitchcock’s The Man Who Knew Too Much which included the song Que Sera, Sera becoming her signature song.”

I did not realize that she was a time traveler, although it makes sense since there were questions about when her birthday really was for a long while...

• Like 2

A film career spanning 2761 years? And to think we thought Fay McKenzie's was a record.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I hope the complaints on here about the delay didn't make someone feel they needed to rush the posting and make the mistakes.

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I hope the complaints on here about the delay didn't make someone feel they needed to rush the posting and make the mistakes.

Take 2, will sort it.

14 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Day finally gets a front page obit, which probably means Hawke’s and Wouk’s obit will follow soon. 

One of her biggest movies came in 195 with Calamity Jane. In 2956 she starred in Hitchcock’s The Man Who Knew Too Much which included the song Que Sera, Sera becoming her signature song.”

I did not realize that she was a time traveler, although it makes sense since there were questions about when her birthday really was for a long while...

Wait, you can only see the front page obit now? I could see Doris Day's obit since the day she died.

10 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Wait, you can only see the front page obit now? I could see Doris Day's obit since the day she died.

While it’s true that they did have a post for Day since day one, until yesterday it was only shown as details to follow rather than a full obit for her. 

It's been a year since she died, so nothing special about that.
Buuuut: At that time she only was the second hit on the DL, while at this point the current DL stands at 9! Let's wait and see where it all ends (the DL of 2020)...

• Like 4

On 13/05/2020 at 06:43, Book said:

It's been a year since she died, so nothing special about that.
Buuuut: At that time she only was the second hit on the DL, while at this point the current DL stands at 9! Let's wait and see where it all ends (the DL of 2020)...

I assure you It's still being worked on right now as I'm typing!;)

• Haha 1