Deadornot

Who are the immortals?

On 28/12/2020 at 04:45, drol said:

So, here it is. Among the late December thread frenzy, here's one about the toughest people on Earth. What is the purpose of this? Well, that when it will be updated it will mean one of these fuckers has finally fallen and not another sportsperson in his 60s as it happens in the Dead of 20xx threads. So here is the list I took from a previous post. New names will be added with valid reasons, i. e. continued hospitalizations and extreme old age (53 names till now, all alive)

Syed Ali Shah Geelani (1929). Has suffered from heart failure and lung disease for years. He has been on the brink on death at least four times in the last five years. In February 2020 his death seemed imminent.

Geelani is not that immortal.

Just now, Sir Cunto said:

Yes, he is. That obit was completely fake news and it was the argument of discussion in the previous posts of this thread.

5 minutes ago, drol said:

Yes, he is. That obit was completely fake news and it was the argument of discussion in the previous posts of this thread.

ok

Tommy Lasorda could be the first death among them. Muricans show no staying power.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Tommy Lasorda could be the first death among them. Muricans show no staying power.

Well who christened him an 'immortal"?  He's only had signs of illness the past couple years.  Being 90 or even 93 isn't a death sentence within a year or 'by god their immortal'.  Maybe check the mirror whoever is making a list and come correct.

SC

Tommy Lasorda (1927-2021)

Justin Diamond on Twitter: "Just came across this picture of Tommy Lasorda  throwing heat shirtless and dying.… "

Age at death: 93

Known health issues: obese; suffered heart attack in 2012; hospitalized twice in autumn 2017; hospitalized again in ICU in November 2020. Survived being on life support and was discharged in January 2021

Cause of Death: cardiopulmonary arrest

Alignment: quite an entertaining character, never accepted his son was gay. Good guy overall, I guess.

• Like 1

Larry King: nearly died from a heart attack in 1987. Survived lung cancer in 2017. Heart surgery in 2019 and suffered a near fatal stroke later that same year. Has now survived Covid 19. 

I've promised Larry a place if he is discharged even this time. 

On 28/12/2020 at 10:45, drol said:

So, here it is. Among the late December thread frenzy, here's one about the toughest people on Earth. What is the purpose of this? Well, that when it will be updated it will mean one of these fuckers has finally fallen and not another sportsperson in his 60s as it happens in the Dead of 20xx threads. So here is the list I took from a previous post. New names will be added with valid reasons, i. e. continued hospitalizations and extreme old age (53 names till now, 1dead)

*snip*

Kenneth Kaunda (1924) survived multiple bouts with pneumonia, has been overweight and walking with sticks for a long time. Also rumoured to have Parkinson's. Tommy Lasorda (1927-2021) has suffered at least four heart attacks and has been hospitalized many times since 2016, the last one being this past December. Still in hospital but expected to go home soon. Good for another time. 

*snip*

Kenneth Kaunda supposedly no longer immortal.

Edit: It has been refuted. Never mind.

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Kenneth Kaunda supposedly no longer immortal.

Edit: It has been refuted. Never mind.

Oh, no, you fell for this! It is fake news launched yesterday morning by mistake by a Rwandan newspaper. it was promptly denied. Immortals are immortals!

• Haha 1

Could swear we used to have a thread called “Who’s going to be around a while?” or something like that but the search engine is turning up nada so in here this goes: 

Christmas message from Russell M. Nelson, the head of the Mormon Church.

Very powerful and moving speech, especially when he talks about losing his wife to a sudden heart attack and 2 of his daughters to cancer.

He’s 97 this year and looks incredible. Very active and was still traveling the world as church head before the pandemic hit. I reckon he has a very good chance of seeing 100, which would make him not just the first centenarian head of the Mormon Church, but the first centenarian leader of a noted faith in modern history I believe? 

And so you bump this thread again with no valid reason, causing me another heart attack? Yellow card!

Mormons tend to be longeve. Nelson's siblings are all dead, I think he will go quite suddenly at some point. But making it to 100 seems quite easy for him.

29 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Could swear we used to have a thread called “Who’s going to be around a while?” or something like that but the search engine is turning up nada so in here this goes: 

I just searched for "Marion Ross" and found it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I just searched for "Marion Ross" and found it.

When the search engine brought up nothing for "around" or "a while", I manually went back through the pages then gave up when I was as far back as March 2020. The last post in the thread itself was January 2020. Typical. :rolleyes:

Larry King (1933-2021)

"Pah, another Murican amateur!" (Dilip Kumar)

image.jpeg.4a4dae865b81298f8b62b60915bb7c3d.jpeg

Age at death: 87

Known health issues: Heart attack and subsequent surgery in 1987, lung cancer in 2017, serious stroke in 2019, heart issues in late 2020, COVID-19 in 2021

Cause of Death: Sepsis as a likely complication of COVID-19.

Alignment: he was a smart fucker, wasn't he?

• Like 1

Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik (1921-2021)

Where the hell are my tefillahs?

Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik - Alchetron, the free social encyclopedia

Age at death: 99

Known health issues: Well, everything. Serious cardiorespiratory disease, in critical condition with lung infection in December 2019, again in hospital after a fall in May 2020, got COVID in October 2020, was on life support and received tracheostomy.

Cause of death: acute kidney failure as a likely complication of COVID-19.

Alignment: well, Dov was the kind of guy you'd see in an angry bigot mob meeting up with torches to burn down Penthouse.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, drol said:

Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik (1921-2021)

Where the hell are my tefillahs?

Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik - Alchetron, the free social encyclopedia

Known health issues: Well, everything. Serious cardiorespiratory disease, in critical condition with lung infection in December 2019, again in hospital after a fall in May 2020, got COVID in October 2020, was on life support and received tracheostomy.

Cause of death: acute kidney failure as a likely complication of COVID-19.

Alignment: well, Dov was the kind of guy you'd see in an angry bigot mob meeting up with torches to burn down Penthouse.

Two immortals in a month. Good start 

• Like 1

Carlos Saul Menem (1930-2021)

Manha Manha (Menem's last words)

Risultato immagini per carlos menem

Age at death: 90

Known health issues: Double pneumonia in June 2020, heart failure in July, urinary tract infection in December, life support and kidney failure.

Cause of death: complications from urinary tract infection, likely heart and kidney failure.

Alignment: Argentine version of Silvio Berlusconi who came even before. So, well, kind of a dork.

• Like 1

Added Emmanuel Milingo and Mustafa Ben Halim. If there is a thing I hate is false death reports.

On 28/12/2020 at 10:45, drol said:

So, here it is. Among the late December thread frenzy, here's one about the toughest people on Earth. What is the purpose of this? Well, that when it will be updated it will mean one of these fuckers has finally fallen and not another sportsperson in his 60s as it happens in the Dead of 20xx threads. So here is the list I took from a previous post. New names will be added with valid reasons, i. e. continued hospitalizations and extreme old age (59 names till now, 4 dead)

*snip*

Gaositwe Chiepe (1922) and Archibald Mogwe (1921). Interesting outliers of Botswana longevity. 

*snip*

The South African Government News Agency have announced Mogwe's death. Doesn't say when or where, just "passed on at an age of 99, last week".

Unknown.jpeg.6fedd196062757936b1faf19baa96125.jpeg

• Like 3

About damn time. Surprised it went unreported for a week outside Twitter. Must have been one of the oldest people in Botswana. 

Archibald Mogwe (1921-2021)

"He lived the average of three Botswana people"

Spike Ganetsang on Twitter: "98 years old. Fit as a fiddle. @BWGovernment  first Permanent Secretary to the President (PSP), Archibald Mogwe. Also  served as Minister of Foreign Affairs (1974-1985) and Minister of

Known health issues: None, he was driving his car into his 90s. Widowed in 2020. Just his age is not very common in Botswana.

Cause of Death: Natural cause. Never wore a mask to my knowledge, COVID could have helped.

Alignment: good diplomatic guy.

• Like 2