Deadornot

Who are the immortals?

Very weird, just last night I read up on the Golden Age of Mexican cinema for no Deathlist-related reason.

On 10/04/2021 at 21:21, arghton said:

Chabelo (1935-) Mexican counterpart of Bouteflika and Ponce Enrile. Has had many near-death experiences

Chabelo this time dead for good at 88.

• Like 4

Wan Haifeng dead at 102!!!

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

Wan Haifeng (1920-2023)

Wan less now!

Actually no wan left from Deng's advisory board!

image.jpeg.af7c1c97019f94027c09f15f628e5699.jpeg

Age at death: 102

Known health issues: Bedridden and unable to speak in 2019, selling all his memorabilia as he also had dementia. Widowed in 2019, on IV medications in 2022.

Cause of death: It was his fucking time.

Alignment: Last member of Deng's advisory commission responsible for Tien An Men. Also one of the last two generals from 1989 alive, the other being supreme cunt Chi Haotian. Mostly good riddance.

• Like 5

When it rains it pours!

Tu Tongjin dead at 108!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, drol said:

When it rains it pours!

Tu Tongjin dead at 108!

Et tu, Tu?

Tu Tongjin (1914-2023)

Tu tu tu tu..... (what you hear if you phone Tu Tongjin now)

中国唯一健在的红军博士将军喜迎百岁寿辰- 文章

Age at death: 108

Known health issues: Hospitalised around 1999, on oxygen on his 100th birthday, permanently hospitalised for the last ten years of his life, bedridden in 2022.

Alignment: Long march veteran and founding major general of PLA. Had a great career as a neurosurgeon and overall seemed a nice guy.

• Like 4

Interesting guy in a way reading his Baike page and that Los Angeles Times article from 2008. Trailblazing neurosurgeon, saved thousands of lives and helped cure large amounts of people including 1500 soldiers with scabies during WWII (if not all, almost all of which he ended up outliving), responsible for the treatment of 60000 people in 1948. Teached generations of Chinese neurosurgeons and donated money to flooded towns and poor people. Good guy in lots of ways, except that he was a Maoist until his health started failing...more than a decade ago. He was already bedridden in 2016 according to some articles.

On 06/12/2021 at 04:24, drol said:

THE KING IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE KING!

So King Bob has died for real. About 77 years after his time. The kingdom is in mourning, but a new king has to be sworn in. So finally it is...

image.jpeg.9d085b51bc6315b11eec66301670c186.jpeg

V-MAR Ri Yong-mu!

Wait, I already did this joke. Come on, Kim, you'll admit this guy is boring as hell. It has to be someone else. Leslie Phillips? Tin Oo? Thich Nhat Hanh, who has been waiting for the last 80 years? Ehmmm, no. It is none other than....

Jimmy Carter è stato dimesso dall'ospedale dov'era stato ricoverato 2  settimane fa - Il Post

KING JIMMY I!!!

Having survived everything from advanced cancer to serious falls to cerebral hemorrhages to urinary tract infections, Jimmy is our new Democrat king! Come on, Jimmy, build that Macon mausoleum!

image.jpeg.a18681869118001f3a1b8cabb61973aa.jpeg

What the fuck? Did I hear well? That isn't my name!

Sorry, mr. Hanh, take it with philosophy...

Certainly was the right choice.

After Carter goes in the next week or so, I suggest the King title to pass to Henry Kissinger.

As per post above the King title could also be passed over to either Henry Kissinger or Bob Barker.

VS Achuthanandan, Violeta Chamorro, Tin Oo and Ma Shitu are also strong competitors I'd say. But in the end Kissinger will end up outliving all of them.*

Zhang Lixiong made a rare appearance last month...apparently he's in hospital again:

lixiongimage.png.e476082e517a48835772e8ab84b14ad6.png

That's a nasogastric tube, high flow nasal cannula and atleast one other tube going into him. And there's also an IV pole and whatever else in the background. Yet apparently they say he's in good health and looking at the images on Weibo in good mood, seems able to talk with people, sits straight and holds the bouquet they gave him.

*Edit: I'd add Sheikh Salem to the list. On his Immortal CV...he had ICU stays atleast in the early 2000s and after suffering seemingly hypoxia and cardiac arrest (possibly also internal bleeding) due to severe gastrointestinal perforation he underwent tracheotomy (see around 1:13 in this video - that clip is from 2007) and following a two and a half year recovery at hospitals somehow recovered and returned to Kuwait in January 2010. He had hospitalisations in February-March 2013, September 2018, December 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021...in 2020 he was critically ill, Kuwaiti social media users have for the last few years been saying "I pray for his recovery" or something similar every time he's being talked about.

He's had death rumors atleast in February 2013, and multiple ca. 2018-2021.

For next year in addition to Big Jiew I'd suggest atleast Kundera, Than Shwe, Yael Dayan, Shibu Soren, JM Le Pen, Berlusconi, Irenaios of Crete, Jerry Lawler and Rupert Murdoch if they make it. Doubt more than one or two of them will make it though.

• Like 1

I can understand why Kissinger is a contender but tbh there are people Who survived more than him. Being obese and centenarian is not in itself survivor behaviour. Chamorro or Juhani Palmu would deserve it more tbh

• Like 2

Zhang Lixiong at yet another brush with death.

As for the next king of immortals it may be among those mentioned by arghton. Surely Kissinger is widely perceived as Immortal, but needs some other health issue in order to get the crown.

• Like 2

On 16/04/2023 at 22:02, drol said:

Parkash shifted to ICU.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drol said:

Parkash shifted to ICU.

Parkash now stable and all his vital organs are functioning normally but this still seems more serious than any of his five hospitalisations last year. He's said to be suffering from "multiple age-related ailments": atleast asthma, from what I understand an additional chronic lung disease and heart ailments. 

21 hours ago, arghton said:

Parkash now stable and all his vital organs are functioning normally but this still seems more serious than any of his five hospitalisations last year. He's said to be suffering from "multiple age-related ailments": atleast asthma, from what I understand an additional chronic lung disease and heart ailments. 

Parkash in a critical condition.

Classic immortal stunt!

11 hours ago, arghton said:

Now BBC Punjabi and Punjabi Jagran reporting he's back in critical condition "24/7 observation". Possible that massive improvement was terminal lucidity? We'll see.

Parkash "very critical" and relatives and friends are rushing to his bedside.

I don't feel it's his tim yet anyway.

Idea for a new dead pool: if Parkash carks it we should do The 8th Immortal Death of 2023 to mirror the next main list death hit and next crowdsourced death hit. My prediction for the 8th immortal hit of 2023 would be Zhang Lixiong. 

3 hours ago, Steve said:

Idea for a new dead pool: if Parkash carks it we should do The 8th Immortal Death of 2023 to mirror the next main list death hit and next crowdsourced death hit. My prediction for the 8th immortal hit of 2023 would be Zhang Lixiong. 

Don't worry about it...

Parkash improving and soon to be out of ICU.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 1