M.Lawrenson

Chuck Berry

9 hours ago, GossipGabe said:

Yep, the problem with these late octagenarian or nonagenarian folks is that even though some of them are still pretty active, you never know when their health takes a sudden U-turn for the worse. B.B. King had performed live and Sir Chrisopher Lee had released a new album less than a year before they both died at around the same time in 2015.

Chuck had apparently also just recorded a new album which leads me to ask the question: any other octagenerarian or nonagenarian celebs about to release a new album or perform live?  I understand a certain Mrs V. Lynn has just recorded something.... :devil2: 

Next question: did Chuck ever develop or grow as a rock composer down the years as rock music itself evolved?  Did he ever incorporate new ideas and styles in his work?  My understanding is he did not so, after the early 1960s, he was basically a nostalgia act.  Is that true or too harsh?

23 hours ago, Deathray said:

Massive miss.

Ahhh but a quick look at your Inverse Dead Pool team..............

14 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Damn, I was also sure he was the 3rd hit for the list. Big miss. RIP to one of THE legends of music. But yes, he was 90. A surprise he lasted that long, though I don't know whether he also lived the rock'n'roll lifestyle. I'm surprised there wasn't a Chuck Berry vs. Little Richard poll.

Oh and another.

That damned Committee didn't think someone I didn't think was going to die would die.

Although I accept that it's still a miss!

EDIT: I've just read back properly and seen this conversation has already happened - sorry.

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Ahhh but a quick look at your Inverse Dead Pool team..............

He was on my 2017 list of 50 though.