Roy Hudd.

About 90 years old and still working.

He's 71

the guy who did EMU died years ago!

Roy Hudd.

He's 71

Is this Guest Post of the Year so far or what?

EMU was Roy HULL FFS!

• Like 1

Roy Hudd.

He's 71

EMU was Roy HULL FFS!

It was ROD Hull FFS!!! :rip:

Roy Hudd.

He's 71

EMU was Roy HULL FFS!

As opposed to star of Miami Vice Girls and many other no-doubt classics, Rod Hudd

Roy Hudd.

He's 71

EMU was Roy HULL FFS!

As opposed to star of Miami Vice Girls and many other no-doubt classics, Rod Hudd

..and just to go full circle and bring it back to ROY HUDD, here's his profile. No mention of groping birds and silky suits so I am guessing it's our man.

As an aside - I was looking at the ever reliable wiki entry for the stinky heap of cheese flavoured gunge that was Noel's House Party as I was wondering if our man was one of the regulars like Frank Carson(?). Anyway I was shocked to find it won an award the Bronze Rose at Montreux. Is this true? I don't actually know what this award is, it could be for the best stinky heap of cheese flavoured gunge themed TV programme to come out of an unironed backside.

Roy Hudd.

He's 71

EMU was Roy HULL FFS!

Is this Olveres's dumbest post of the year so far then?

Interestingly, having read back, what does "the guy who did EMU" actually mean? I always wondered if it was more than just platonic.

There is a dangerous fascination with Rod Hull on this site. He appears in no less than eight threads, for four reasons. I have been as guilty as anyone, but now feel we have to get on with our lives.

1 - He was a sh!t. There seems to be no contradictory evidence, so we can take this as read. I feel for Anubis here, having had a similar experience myself. These incidents make us who we are, or at least I refuse to blame myself. I have accepted my childhood traumas.

2 - He died when he fell off a roof trying to fix his TV aerial. This is, granted, an amusing way to die, but it was some time ago. Having died, he is unlikely to do so again.

3 - Suggestions that he may have enjoyed sexual congress with a puppet (see Olveres above). This kind of thing goes on. Why else did Gepetto make Pinocchio's nose grow? (Also note the similarity to 'Finocchio', Italian slang for 'penis'). If this is how people get their kicks, and as long as no-one innocent gets hurt, let's not pry.

4 - Someone claims to have him as their spirit guide. The new Mental Health Act will make sure that none of us are ever likely to meet this person.

Please now people, can we not just deal and move on?

A fair point Twelvetrees and one made with admirable gravitas. Just one question, supposing some other performer, like a relative of Rod Hull decides to tread the boards by reviving the moth eaten corpse of that f*****g bird...............?

Guest Bob Loggia

Hey what about me? Don't I deserve recognition for having committed myself to a lackluster career in celluloid? I'm 77years old now and even did a few episodes on that piece of crap Sopranos show.

Hey, I didn't agree to play a doctor on Ben Casey 40 years ago just so I could be overlooked now, now come on show me some love. For the love of all things Italian, I even lowered myself to appearing in An Officer and A Gentleman-doesn't that warrant me getting mention?

With all good thanks,

Robert Loggia

and visit me on the web at Bob Loggia

Hey what about me? Don't I deserve recognition for having committed myself to a lackluster career in celluloid? I'm 77years old now and even did a few episodes on that piece of crap Sopranos show.

Hey, I didn't agree to play a doctor on Ben Casey 40 years ago just so I could be overlooked now, now come on show me some love. For the love of all things Italian, I even lowered myself to appearing in An Officer and A Gentleman-doesn't that warrant me getting mention?

With all good thanks,

Robert Loggia

and visit me on the web at Bob Loggia

Hey BB, er, I mean "BL", where you been lately?

Why else did Gepetto make Pinocchio's nose grow? (Also note the similarity to 'Finocchio', Italian slang for 'penis')

Who or what came first Pinocchio or the slang Finnocchio?

Why else did Gepetto make Pinocchio's nose grow? (Also note the similarity to 'Finocchio', Italian slang for 'penis')

My sincere apologies - the word 'finocchio' (as in fennel, whereas 'pinocchio' is a pine nut) is actually a pejorative slang term for a homosexual man. According to Wikipedia (okay) the original 'Pinocchio' story appeared in 1881, whereas this online resource suggests that the offensive use of 'finocchio' was recognised as early as 1863.

Maybe the tale is really one of an old man's yearning for Greek love? If anyone has a spare life, there may well be something in a PhD thesis in Homosexual Subtexts in Disney Animation.

My sincere apologies - the word 'finocchio' (as in fennel, whereas 'pinocchio' is a pine nut) is actually a pejorative slang term for a homosexual man. According to Wikipedia (okay) the original 'Pinocchio' story appeared in 1881, whereas this online resource suggests that the offensive use of 'finocchio' was recognised as early as 1863.

Maybe the tale is really one of an old man's yearning for Greek love? If anyone has a spare life, there may well be something in a PhD thesis in Homosexual Subtexts in Disney Animation.

As in "Friends of Dorothy"?

Anyone wishing to carry out Twelvetrees suggestion could find the following sites useful for a springboard into the World that is Disney.

Gender through Disney's eyes

I am hoping that this entire site is a misguided joke with links such as Who would Jesus bomb? and adverts for a What would Jesus do? thong. The article however, proclaims that Toy Story 2 is the work of Lucifer.

In fact there is far too much coming up from Baptist groups and other traditional family values orientated groups that a simple google search is not striking up specific characters though there were these references listed on a Berkeley site:

Berger, Arthur Asa.

"Of mice and men: an introduction to mouseology or, anal eroticism andDisney." (Interpreting Content/ Constructing Meaning) (Gay People, Sex, andthe Media) Journal of Homosexuality v21, n1-2 (Jan-Feb, 1991):155 (11 pages).

Author's Abstract: COPYRIGHT Haworth Press Inc. 1991 "This essay deals with two important comics, Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse and George Herriman's Krazy Kat, and considers the social, cultural, psychological and symbolic significance of the main characters and their creators. In the discussion of Disney and his work (based, in part on writings about him) it is suggested that he exhibited traits associated with anal eroticism, which raises an interesting question about the popularity of his work with the American public. The two dominant themes found in Krazy Kat are described as "the triumph of illusion over reality" and "anti-authoritarianism." In a comparison of the two characters, it is shown they are polar opposites: Mickey Mouse is sadistic, asexual, and anal while Ignatz Mouse, the hero of Krazy Kat, is playful, sexual, and phallic." [Expanded Academic Index]

Harris, John E.

"Stereotyping for fun and profit." (on homosexual stereotypes in 'The Lion King' and African-American stereotypes in 'Show Boat') (C.S. Theater) Christopher Street, n219 (Nov, 1994):4 (1 page).

Walt Disney has exploited homosexual and African-American stereotypes in the film 'The Lion King.' This may be seen in Jeremy Iron's rendition of the evil Scar, the meercat, the warthog and Whoopi Goldberg's characterization of the hyenas' leader

Before I lose my sanity and embark upon further research I shall leave it up to someone else to strike gold! One thing we know, they are not adversed to partner swapping what with King Louie being the King of the Swingers and all....

Guest Guest

Roy Hudd.

He's 71

RoyHull has gone to Hull and back wit he emu.

Doris Day, although she is in her mid eighties I can see this lady managing another decade at the very least.

Horton Foote, 91 and still going strong. I read an article about him on the plane today, and he's still as sharp and as hale as ever, recently went to an event in Texas where he discussed the finer points of drama with students for hours.

Last night's honorary Oscar winner Robert F. Boyle. At the age of 98, he managed to get up to the podium with the aid of only a walking stick and Nicole Kidman and deliver a decent speech. He's not exactly running marathons, but he seems pretty healthy given his age.

Saw Nicholas Parsons on BBC4 last night, talking to Mark Lawson about his life and career. He looks (in the immortal phrase) noticeably frailer, but is still in good form for 84. Still working and as sharp as ever...

Jean Simmons, very famous British actress from the 1940s onwards. Ms Simmons is now in her late 70s but has recently come out of retirement and is filming the lead role in a new film. I can easily see her making 90+.

Jean Simmons, very famous British actress from the 1940s onwards. Ms Simmons is now in her late 70s but has recently come out of retirement and is filming the lead role in a new film. I can easily see her making 90+.

I wonder if she has a long tongue too... \m/ \m/

Not that we're in much of a position to check but if you include time travel claiments then John Titor was a young man when he travelled back over thirty years to warn us about the future.

And

The elusive Kylan Masters claimed he was only back in time for a few weeks before returning to 2089. I mean, even if his book sells slowly for all that time he could have gone back to a sh*t load of royalties.

Ed McMahon it would seem. You've got to be pretty tough to be 85, break your neck, then continue attending public events a year later. Also, just-turned-104-year-old Ziegfield girl Doris Eaton Travis is still dancing.

• Like 1