Banshees Scream

Who's Going To Be Around For A While?

* Who is the last remaining Mitford sister, and imho another potential DL candidate in the future.

Anyone thinking of a punt on the 90-year-old Duchess of Devonshire might be advised to hold fire, judging by this Newsnight interview (@30 mins).

Sir Run Run Shaw. He's in excellent shape, and has outlasted his 4 OLDER brothers he's 103 years old. He's physique doesn't show signs of tiring or decriptute, He looks like he's in his late 60s actully. VS other elderly Chinese, who have say cancerous moles on noses ears.... His interesting life was a really good Run.

At last, an open admission of cracks in the facade of Bruce Forsythe. Most of his jokes are older than some of our deceased candidates this year, so maybe it's time he was pensioned off. Reading between the lines...they want him to go, but they're afraid of sacking a national institution.

John Berger, kicking against the pricks for time to come with any luck.

Burt Kwouk, turns 81 this year, was also appointed an OBE in the NY Honours List, presumably in recognition of his staged fights with Peter Sellers and perpetuating of ethnic stereotypes. Got a feeling he'll be around for a while yet :(

Barry Norman. Born 1933. BBC Movie critic. From the "Film 'XX" series. Allways looks older than his years. You don't hear much from him of late but he was on Radio 5Live the other day and he sounded very well. No news what so ever on any health issues. I bet he will get well into his 90's.

He paid a visit to my town just over a year ago, championing the Savoy, one of the oldest surviving cinemas in the country (and just a short walk from where I live)

In the Lemmy mould of rampant shaggathons and mammoth drug binges; so big respect to George Clinton who turned 70 a few days ago.

I know it isn't the usual sentiment here but...long may he stay OFF our radar.

Edited by Magere Hein
Link fixed

Nicholas Parsons - born 1923 so not far off 90 and yet seems as active as ever. Doesn't seem to have aged either, though even in the films he made in the 50s he looks old (well, maybe not 'old' as such but looks the same as he ever has).

Of course, as with anyone getting on a bit it only takes a fall or a mild illness...

Well based on the Oscars at least, Christopher Plummer isn't leaving us anytime soon. 82 and looks more spritely than folk a quarter his age.

Well based on the Oscars at least, Christopher Plummer isn't leaving us anytime soon. 82 and looks more spritely than folk a quarter his age.

Michael Douglas looked in rude health as well.

Guest Guest

everyone on the deathlist will be around for a while..well till january 1, 2013 at least....

Who will be around for a while.

Henry Kissinger - Thee Henry Kissinger is someone who is very with it as one would imagine.

David Oreck - The founder of Oreck products (reach deep inside the closet and who knows) well, I think he's doing fine.

Nelson Mandela - Centurion.

Nancy Reagan - Despite her recent fall, Nancy may become the oldest living former first lady.

IM Pei - The architect behind the rock and roll hall of fame may outlive a few more inductees.

John Glenn - Astronaut.

Oscar Nimeyer - Conspiracy in Brazil but Oscar thinks differently of this.

Carl Reiner - You know it.

Abe Vigoda - How old is Abe?

BB King - Still active and performing.

Hugh Downs - He's not Brazilian but he's obviously someone who will be around for a while.

Fidel Castro - Watching TV.

Cliff Richard always thought he would live a long time .

queen Elizabeth the second think she will live into her 100s.

and clive dunn of course :)

I think we can add to this list Kirk Douglas. As you know it, it did a funny speech last year during the Oscars and seemed to be very healthy for man in his nineties

Peter Vaughan turned 89 a few months ago and he's still healthy enough to turn up in Game of Thrones and Doc Martin.

and clive dunn of course :)

That goes without saying

Peter Vaughan turned 89 a few months ago and he's still healthy enough to turn up in Game of Thrones and Doc Martin.

Another one I was convinced was dead. I had Robert Vaughan on my list but not Peter.

Stephen Sondheim

Cloris Leachman

Shirley Jones

Estelle Parsons

• Like 1

The Japanese Director Yoji Yamada is still working in his mid 80's. I hope I don't jinx him by saying, I believe he might still be making movies past 100 like Manoel de Oliveira did.

Threadcromancy!

Some good picks on page 1 - given most of them are still alive. Well, bar Paul Newman, of course.

At the risk of looking foolish before long then, I think the 5 British acting Dames in their mid 80s - Dench, Smith, Philips, Atkins and Marsh - will be around well into their 90s.

I know Jean Marsh techically isn't a Dame, but that is an error which will be rectified eventually...

• Like 1

Burt ward could pass as a 40 year old.