Banshees Scream

Who's Going To Be Around For A While?

12 hours ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

Prince George

Princess Charlotte

Prince Louis

Harry's baby...

Queen Elizabeth II

As good a place to share this piece on a future DL pick, the great Geoffrey Palmer. 92, still traveling and able to reject scripts because they're shite, he sounds like he's in no hurry to leave us.

Also, Jurgen Habermas turns 90, still gives lectures.

• Like 3

On 15/05/2006 at 17:01, Mr Macabre said:

Angeala Lansbury: 80 and has recently undergone surgey but I wouldnt be surprised if she is still here in 2020. Built to last is that one.

And she is.

• Like 3

On 22/05/2006 at 20:46, maryportfuncity said:

I think Paula Radcliffe will survive until 2020 despite looking very thin.

And she does.

Interesting thread concept, particularly seeing predictions from 2005 and 2006.

We should do one about who will still be alive in 2030 and beyond

Valerie Singleton is on this weeks House of Games, for those who don't tape game shows to watch when brain dead at midnight.

Looking and sounding fab for her age.

valerie singleton 2020.png

• Like 2

On 06/08/2019 at 14:35, msc said:

Also, Jurgen Habermas turns 90, still gives lectures.

Jurgen Habermas shows up in the news not for being dead. He's 91 now and turned down an award from the UAE.

Out of the people who have a DL thread, probably:

Julian Assange. I'd say he won't die of natural causes atleast in the next 15 years.

Robert Bales. Because this bastard didn't get a death penalty, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Banksy.

Romeo Beckham. Probably the dumbest possible thread, made for a three year old child who suffered from convulsions.

Almost forgot Meghan and Harry.

Hugh Bonneville isn't going anywhere soon (I think, who knows)

Jeremy Corbyn. Not in the next 10 years I'd say

Macaulay Culkin. Good example why you should never expect someone under 40yrs old who isn't terminally ill to die within a year or a few years. Culkin looked frail, was frail but got over his problems and will probably be here for atleast 20 years.

Saif al-Islam Gaddafi. Same as the above.

Al Gore. Thread was made because he retired. That was 16 years ago. I wouldn't be suprised if old Al is still here with us for another 16 years, both of his parents lived to their 90s and the Gore is healthy.

Nur Malena Hassan. Thread made for...a scorpion owner?

James Major, John Major's child.

plus all the other 10 murderers who've got a thread here

• Like 1

Berry Gordy looked great for a nonagenarian in a Motown documentary from 2019. Smokey Robinson too, though a mere 81.

Posting in this thread is like playing Russian roulette with six bullets.

Michael Douglas. Atleast if he's going to live as long as his dad.

Anyone, everyone from ABBA.

Jeb Bush? Bill Nye?

Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, lots of male longevity in his family.

Centennial Light if objects can be included.

24 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Anita Harris looks very good for 79 

FASQGrZXEAQZVho.jpeg.jpg

She does, but given that there’s not a single line on Barry Cryer’s face, I think a very effective filter has been used to take the photo!

Looking through old actors and I found a picture of George Chakaris images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSMoce2Ztw6907pDrpsBv

This photo is from 2019 apparently and he was 87 here. 87 and he looks like at most mid 60s. Bit early but I predict this man will see triple digits.

• Like 2

Among the many people showing up to pay tribute to the Queen, Dame Joan Bakewell appeared on Channel 4. She is 89 nowadays but looks and sounds two decades younger.

joan bakwell september 2022.png

• Like 4

On 04/04/2018 at 17:51, Spade_Cooley said:

Marion Ross turns 90 this year, and is doing the publicity tour for her new autobiography. Looks and sounds sharp as a tack, wouldn't be surprised to see her hit the century:

Over four years on and she's still with us, here's a video from her 93rd birthday last year. Will keep an eye out to see if the channel does one for her 94th next month: 

2 hours ago, msc said:

Among the many people showing up to pay tribute to the Queen, Dame Joan Bakewell appeared on Channel 4. She is 89 nowadays but looks and sounds two decades younger.

joan bakwell september 2022.png

I did a photo quiz a few months ago for my mates and she was one of photos but from when she was younger - no one got her because no one could believe how attractive she was in her younger days.

Joan Bakewell

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

I did a photo quiz a few months ago for my mates and she was one of photos but from when she was younger - no one got her because no one could believe how attractive she was in her younger days.

Joan Bakewell

• Haha 2

^ Brilliant, I'd never seen that one.

On 11/07/2022 at 09:05, Charles De Gaulle said:

Looking through old actors and I found a picture of George Chakaris images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSMoce2Ztw6907pDrpsBv

This photo is from 2019 apparently and he was 87 here. 87 and he looks like at most mid 60s. Bit early but I predict this man will see triple digits.

My friend posed with him for a photo last month in Los Angeles. I knew she and Chakiris had met but I would not have taken the gentleman she was with to be 89. He looked pretty much as he did in this photo.

• Like 3

On 13/09/2022 at 15:28, Toast said:

^ Brilliant, I'd never seen that one.

It's from Enfield and Whitehouse's Story of the 2s, their 50th anniversary of BBC2 "tribute" from 2014. Can't find a copy online, but it's worth a watch if you find it.

• Thanks 1

The Harry Potter Kids

None of them fell to the troubles of child stardom,barring cancer or a freak accident all should see old age.

Recently I watched a movie called "Everything Everywhere All At Once". Won't spoil the movie but what I will say is that 95 year old James Hong is in it. Based on what I've seen it wouldn't surprise me if he makes it to 100, heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he lives for another decade.

• Like 4

Jake Perry of Texas who owned the world's (allegedly - I wonder if anyone has ever considered that he could've added a few years or a decade to the ages of these cats) oldest cat Creme Puff and sixth-oldest cat Granpa Rexs Allen must be around 92 now. If he's as good keeping people alive as he's with cats with his bacon-broccoli-egg-wine diets safe to say he won't die anywhere within the next 40 years?

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Jake Perry of Texas who owned the world's (allegedly - I wonder if anyone has ever considered that he could've added a few years or a decade to the ages of these cats) oldest cat Creme Puff and sixth-oldest cat Granpa Rexs Allen must be around 92 now. If he's as good keeping people alive as he's with cats with his bacon-broccoli-egg-wine diets safe to say he won't die anywhere within the next 40 years?

A 38(!) year old cat? There’s NO WAY he didn’t switch in a replacement at some point! :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

A 38(!) year old cat? There’s NO WAY he didn’t switch in a replacement at some point! :lol:

Indeed. I'm of the opinion that every claim of such extreme should be tested through a variety of methods once they have passed.

Whether animal or person, surely we can do some testing before setting an age in stone no?

• Like 1