Captain Oates

Interesting Ways To Die...

Apologies, but couldn't think what thread to put this in. Following the recent story of an ambulance driver in the NE of England being suspended after he returned to base with a patient rather than take him to hospital because his shift had ended, here's a tale from Swaziland of a patient who died in the back of an ambulance because the driver went off to have a game of cards with his mates!

'Weight' a way to go! Bench pressing alone is not recommended.

A Chinese teenager sent to an internet addiction rehabilitation camp by his parents has been beaten to death by the camp's counsellors.

9.gif:bat::bat:

Veteran horse trainer Pat Quin was killed today after being crushed in the stalls by the horse he was tending to.

The horse's name...INSENSITIVE.

Being a gay man in Iraq is something of a......bummer, at the moment. A thought though........d'ya think there's the odd gay pain-freak cruising for one of these bruisings?

A New Jersey man, enjoying a quiet evening under the influence of PCP, has died of head injuries after diving through a first floor window, seemingly having failed to take note of the metal bars on the other side of the glass.

Look Before You Leap.

Mown down:man dies trapped under lawnmower

There are worse ways to go

I just wonder at what point she realised the changes in his breathing were more significant than usual!

Given the preponderance of level crossings and motorcycles in the recent undoings of prominent goalkeepers, I thought I'd share this sad story with you, told to me by an old man with whom I was standing in the pub when I heard that Robert Enke had died.

Said old man had a father who in 1941 was a young fellow somewhat given to riding around on a motorcycle. One tragic day in the aforementioned year, the father of my friend (whom I shall call Martin, for that is his name) was out on his motorcycle and approaching a level crossing and seeing that the barriers were going down because a train was approaching, duly applied the brakes and came to a stop before the level crossing in full accordance with the relevant articles of the traffic laws of the Deutsche Reich as applied to level crossings, trains, motorcycles and suchlike. After a while the train passed and the barriers went back up, but sadly, and indeed tragically for Martin's father, the signalman whose job it was to operate the barriers did not have a full view of the railway lines and consequently remained unaware of the single locomotive steaming the other way along the second track, hidden by the passing train. As the barrier was raised, Martin's father resolved to continue his journey and resolutely letting in the clutch proceeded carefully over the level crossing, only to have his trip and indeed his existence decisively and irrevocably terminated by the oncoming locomotive.

History does not relate whether or not this man had ever stood in goal anywhere before meeting his untimely end at the hands of a locomotive..

Given the preponderance of level crossings and motorcycles in the recent undoings of prominent goalkeepers, I thought I'd share this sad story with you, told to me by an old man with whom I was standing in the pub when I heard that Robert Enke had died..

A GPS unit leads man onto the train tracks. The other day somebody happened to tell me about some woman who was trying to sue the manufacturer of the GPS which led her to the tracks. I wonder how her case will turn out? In this modern age we allow technology to think for us but should we? Who is really lacking common sense here?

Oh, the GPS. Of course.