Captain Oates

Interesting Ways To Die...

Pollution kills 9 million people a year. Better just masturbate at home wearing a mask

pollution kills 9 million a year.jpg

• Confused 1

Well done to the lions. From the BBC: 

A suspected big cat poacher has been eaten by lions near the Kruger National Park in South Africa, police say.

The animals left little behind, but some body parts were found over the weekend at a game park near Hoedspruit.

"It seems the victim was poaching in the game park when he was attacked and killed by lions," Limpopo police spokesman Moatshe Ngoepe told AFP.

"They ate his body, nearly all of it, and just left his head and some remains."

Police have not yet established the victim's identity. A loaded hunting rifle and ammunition were found next to the body, South African website Eyewitness News reports.

• Haha 4

Thought about 'Mountaineers' but I wasn't feeling peaky.

Thought about not posting at all, but reading the article gave me pause.  So this seems the right place, though it sounds more than interesting, it sounds like the FUNNEST way to die!

One climber fell to his death and several others had to be rescued after conditions turned treacherous on Oregon’s tallest peak.

More than a half-dozen people had been climbing near Mount Hood’s peak when a climber fell about 304 metres.

“One of the guys slipped,” said climber Quinn Talley, who had been descending after summiting Tuesday morning. “At first he was just sliding and right before he disappeared, he started cartwheeling.”

SC

14 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

:clivedunn:

That one is very unnecessary. I don’t think this has been posted in this thread at all, and I don’t remember it being posted elsewhere.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

That one is very unnecessary. I don’t think this has been posted in this thread at all, and I don’t remember it being posted elsewhere.

It's because he did.

5 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

It's because he did.

Ah, I see I missed that one. Still, the Clive Dunn emoji was still quite unnecessary since it's okay to post in multiple threads and it's really only good to use the Dunn emoji if they post it in the exact same thread, as I have been learning for the past few months... 

• Like 1

Ah, I only check the most closely-related threads, never more than 2-3 (and I would have had to search for the term 'hair' to have a chance) ... anyway...

Getting killed by melting headphones (caused by electric shock?) while you charge your mobile phone:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5626441/girl-17-electrocuted-with-headphones-melted-in-her-ears-while-using-her-mobile-that-was-charging/

Not sure how 'interesting' it is, but it's quick and easy, and has a little Vic Morrow thingy going on.  Hmm, well maybe not in this case, as it took 3 days for death to arrive.  Interesting... VERY interesting!

A sailor assigned to 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing died early Saturday, Feb. 24 at Scripps La Jolla Medical Facility following injuries he sustained after he was struck by a spinning UH-1Y Venom rotor blade, military officials announced.  The incident occurred at 6:10 p.m. Wednesday.  The helicopter was on the flight line at the time of the incident, she said.  The sailor, whose name has not been released, died at 5:43 a.m. Saturday, Frazer said.
One of the newest Marine Corps aircraft, the UH-1Y Venom is set to replace the UH-1N Huey in the Marine Corps aviation fleet.
SC

On 2/9/2018 at 10:24, bladan said:

Pollution kills 9 million people a year. Better just masturbate at home wearing a mask

pollution kills 9 million a year.jpg

Have you been spying on me?

Sorry for the sad story, but it's a one upon which we should all reflect.

A 2-year-old girl died Friday after a mirror fell on her while she was at a Payless ShoeSource store in Georgia, officials said.

Ifrah Siddique was inside the Riverdale store with her family around 8 p.m. when the full-length mirror fell on top of her, officials told FOX5 Atlanta. The toddler, who was trying on shoes with her mother before the incident, was rushed to the hospital where the 2-year-old later died.

An aside.....oh to be the attorney who handles that wrongful death/negligence lawsuit.  They will be able to retire when it's over.

SC

Trapped underwater in Titanic or The Poseidon Adventure? Trapped in a cave in The Descent? Trapped in space in Gravity? Trapped on Mars in... well you get the picture.

Here's your seat.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/mar/20/man-dies-after-getting-trapped-in-cinema-seat-birmingham

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Trapped underwater in Titanic or The Poseidon Adventure? Trapped in a cave in The Descent? Trapped in space in Gravity? Trapped on Mars in... well you get the picture.

Here's your seat.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/mar/20/man-dies-after-getting-trapped-in-cinema-seat-birmingham

"A man whose head became wedged under the electronic footrest of a cinema seat has died."

I need some help with this one.  What exactly is.....

On 26/2/2018 at 13:29, bladan said:

Queenstown golf course tragedy: Jaden Goldfinch-Booker (not Goldfinger) dies after struck in head by golf ball and joins the 27 club.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12000897

Could have been me. Have I mentioned Eric Sykes teeing off on the 12th hole at Moor Park during the Jimmy Tarbuck Pro -Am and being 5/8th of a centimetre away from blasting my brains out??

hqdefault.jpg

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

"A man whose head became wedged under the electronic footrest of a cinema seat has died."

I need some help with this one.  What exactly is.....

Gives a whole new meaning to putting your head between your legs and kissing your ass goodbye.

• Haha 1

Authorities say 45-year old Bojan Sprah, a contract worker at BMW’s South Carolina factory, was killed immediately from massive head injuries in the plant’s paint shop.

There was no life saving measures that could be done him.  Sprah was trapped in the lift that takes vehicles from the paint shop to the body shop.

So the way I see it, all the vehicles got Sprah-painted.

I'll get me coat.
SC

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Authorities say 45-year old Bojan Sprah, a contract worker at BMW’s South Carolina factory, was killed immediately from massive head injuries in the plant’s paint shop.

There was no life saving measures that could be done him.  Sprah was trapped in the lift that takes vehicles from the paint shop to the body shop.

So the way I see it, all the vehicles got Sprah-painted.

I'll get me coat.
SC

This is irrelevant, but an anagram of his name is Banjo Harps. 

Botched lobotomy is a classic

3 minutes ago, bladan said:

Botched lobotomy is a classic

Oh come on, screw the nut......;)

Ekaterina Fedyaeva, 27, is said to have died after medics put her on a formalin drip - a solution containing formaldehyde - instead of saline.   She was in hospital for an unspecified but routine surgery when she was injected with formalin, normally infused into the veins of the dead to prevent decomposition.

Ekaterina suffered horrible pains and convulsions for two days before falling into a coma.

SC