Captain Oates

Interesting Ways To Die...

In the carpark next to my work yesterday a guy was run over and killed by his own car. It's a bit of an odd background, 4 weeks ago his daughter (10) was knocked down by a van in a hit and run when walking their dog with her mum and sister. The air ambulance (a new thing in NI) was used to treat her for broken pelvis. Her and her mum live nextdoor to my parents and yesterday the dad came to take them to hospital in Belfast for a check up. On the way home he dropped the mum off at the chemist and took the young girl to the toilets in the carpark, he got out to see if they were open, took the keys out and the car locked its self with the girl inside. The electronic handbreak gave way and the car started to roll towards a small hedge and a 7 foot drop into the yard at the back of my work about 30 feet away. He tried to stop it but it went part way over the drop with him underneath and the girl locked inside! The air ambulance came again, 1/2 mile from the girl's accident on the same road.

Screenshot_20200702-084728.jpg

• Shocked 6

Amusement parks should have a thread, but that’s fine.

A woman died Sunday after falling from a roller coaster in a theme park in Oise, in northern France.

The accident occurred on Saturday around 1:45 pm at Parc Saint-Paul, the park said in a news release. Authorities in Oise confirmed the incident to CNN.

The woman, 32, fell while riding the Formula 1 Coaster. Emergency services were called immediately but were unable to resuscitate the victim, who died on the scene.

SC

A man was killed Thursday, Aug. 27, when his lawn tractor went into a ditch and rolled on top of him.  Steven Hulst, 62, died at the scene.

SC

Old man thought that "rough play" with his 2 lions was a good idea. It wasn't.

2 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Man dies from eating more than a bag of liquorice a day.

BBC story

I couldn't even eat one liquorice, let alone a bag. Horrible stuff.

• Like 1

I like the really salty kind of liquorice that you get in Holland.  Not had any for ages.

2 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Man dies from eating more than a bag of liquorice a day.

BBC story

54 year old bloke, probably overweight, has a heart attack in a FAST FOOD RESTAURANT and they blame the liquorice. I would check the qualifications of the doctors or if they have ties to another sweet manufacturer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

I like the really salty kind of liquorice that you get in Holland.  Not had any for ages.

Are you sure that wasn't a blow job?

33 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Are you sure that wasn't a blow job?

No resemblance whatsoever.

13 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

(Not the first time this specific death type has been reported in the thread.)

A 21-year-old woman has died in a go-kart accident in India after her hair became entangled in the wheel.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/india/india-go-kart-accident-intl-scli/index.html

I posted this exact (scalping) a couple years ago.  

This will be a classic for the ages..

Trump megafan said he was more likely to die in a car crash than  from COVID-19. And to prove his point he actually dies in a car crash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't know if there's a topic called "Cheating death" but a subway driver in Spijkenisse near Rotterdam must be the luckiest man on earth. He shot though the barriers and ended up on an art piece of two whale tales. And I'm not making this up but that art piece is named; "Saved by the whale's tail. Check this out.

metro-schiet-in-spijkenisse-door-stopblok-en-hangt-op-10-meter-hoogte.jpg

• Like 1

If your number isn't up it isn't up! Mind you I'm sure he needed clean drawers.