Captain Oates

Interesting Ways To Die...

Suryakant Wagh, and four others were overhauling train boxcars using a bolster spring pressing machine.  The heavy machine was being used to push with a force of 20 tonnes. Suddenly, the machine reversed and fell on Wagh. He suffered injuries on the head and other parts of the body, and he was dead at the scene.

SCunto

Dying while mowing a lawn....well you expect a different story than here.  No one harmed, maimed, etc.  Nope, just mowing the lawn and slumped over the wheel.  Probably the best way to die I can think of.

A man has died while driving his ride-on lawnmower at a rural property in Morrinsville (NZ) yesterday.  Emergency services were called to a rural property at Kiwitahi Railway Rd in Morrinsville at 5.30pm.  It is understood the elderly man suffered a medical event while mowing the lawns.

"The man was unresponsive when emergency services arrived and sadly was unable to be revived," police said in a statement this morning.
SC

Woman dies between car and toll booth.

A 23-year old woman died when she accidentally dropped her credit card when paying for parking. While she tried to retrieve the card she leaned outside the car and accidentally pressed the gas pedal. Her head was crushed between her car and the toll booth.

A major lesson to be learned guys and gals:

Always drive stick!

22 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

French deputy mayor mailed to death by her pet Rottweilers.

I generally favour dogs over human beings so I’ll trust their judgement on her.

Did they send her First Class? Or are they not made of money?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MarcJWallace said:

Did they send her First Class? Or are they not made of money?

Funny. ;)

I’ve fixed the typo. Problems of depending on a smellchecker and not proof reading, eh? 

• Haha 1

This guy stuck the landing.

A skier has died after being found upside down in several feet of snow at Mammoth Mountain ski resort in California.

The man was found by guests of the resort buried head first at about noon on Thursday "in deep snow..." Mammoth Mountain said in a statement.  The Mammoth Mountain Ski Patrol arrived on the scene, where skiers had already begun digging out the man. The ski patrol started CPR immediately and used a defibrillator as the man did not have a pulse, the resort said.

SC

image.png

image.png

Snow shoveling dispute turns deadly.

A couple accused their neighbor of shoveling snow from his property to theirs. There are some things you do not do when you shovel snow. Do that to your neighbors, shooting them and then shoot yourself. That doesn't make the snow go away....

Death of the Year (Nominee)

A six week old baby boy has died after being baptised in a church.

The baby was being baptised at a church in Suceava, Romania, when the priest submerged him three times and he inhaled 110ml of water, his father told local newspaper Monitorul de Suceava.

“The baby had blood on his nose. I put him face down, to get the water out. He didn't recover.”  He questioned why the priest continued with the baptism even though the child appeared to be in anguish.

Archpriest Doru Budeanu said an investigation will now be undertaken. He added due to the “ordinances” of the Romanian Orthodox Church, a child is ALWAYS submerged three times during the ceremony. NO MATTER WHAT!

SC

• Confused 1

On 06/02/2021 at 09:38, Sir Creep said:

Death of the Year (Nominee)

A six week old baby boy has died after being baptised in a church.

The baby was being baptised at a church in Suceava, Romania, when the priest submerged him three times and he inhaled 110ml of water, his father told local newspaper Monitorul de Suceava.

“The baby had blood on his nose. I put him face down, to get the water out. He didn't recover.”  He questioned why the priest continued with the baptism even though the child appeared to be in anguish.

Archpriest Doru Budeanu said an investigation will now be undertaken. He added due to the “ordinances” of the Romanian Orthodox Church, a child is ALWAYS submerged three times during the ceremony. NO MATTER WHAT!

SC

I challenge you.

Man fires cannon at a baby shower. Cannon explodes, man hit by shrapnel, man dies.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

No longer an interesting way to die. Something much the same here. These baby parties are lethal. Gender-reveal device explosion kills father-to-be - BBC News

Aye, and either way, that unborn has half its genetic material from the dead guy. 

School counsellors will gently steer the young 'un away from science and engineering options, then :D

19 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Golfer tried to retrieve a ball from a pond and fails. He drowned and had to write a double bogie....

And in 19 minutes, he's changed sex, become a student and trapped his, sorry her, head between her car and an exit payment machine by simultaneously scrabbling for a dropped credit card and accidentally stomping on the accelerator.

(I fear your link has been changed, still, 2 for the price of one eh?).

26 minutes ago, En Passant said:

And in 19 minutes, he's changed sex, become a student and trapped his, sorry her, head between her car and an exit payment machine by simultaneously scrabbling for a dropped credit card and accidentally stomping on the accelerator.

(I fear your link has been changed, still, 2 for the price of one eh?).

Nah, he posted the dropped credit card story a few weeks back IIRC.