Captain Oates

Interesting Ways To Die...

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

Nah, he posted the dropped credit card story a few weeks back IIRC.

Well possibly, but I didn't see that or don't remember it (see other things I don't remember for even a few hours in the jokes thread...:P) and in any event his link here is to that story not this one so it's still incorrect for the current posting.

Ultimately I was hoping for a correction so I could read about the unfortunate golfer.

3 hours ago, En Passant said:

Well possibly, but I didn't see that or don't remember it (see other things I don't remember for even a few hours in the jokes thread...:P) and in any event his link here is to that story not this one so it's still incorrect for the current posting.

Ultimately I was hoping for a correction so I could read about the unfortunate golfer.

It was here - at least I assume it's the same incident.  Can't help with the other one, sorry.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/1637-interesting-ways-to-die/?do=findComment&comment=472799

......Oldsmar (fla) is a small city with a population of about 14,600 14,599.

Uber driver tried to hold on to his car as tried to steal it. The girls crashed the car and the Uber gets launched against a building.

WARNING! 

Graphic content!

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

On 23/02/2021 at 00:56, Bentrovato said:

No longer an interesting way to die. Something much the same here. These baby parties are lethal. Gender-reveal device explosion kills father-to-be - BBC News

No longer an interesting way to die. Something much the same here. These gender reveal parties are lethal.

Spoiler Alert: It’s a GIRL

https://www.thedailybeast.com/two-killed-after-plane-crashes-during-gender-reveal-over-caribbean-sea

• Haha 1

Wang Long, a steel factory worker in China jumped into a blast furnace and died after discovering he lost more than $9,000 on the stock market.

With the name Wang Long you’d think he had something else to live for...

SC

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Woman Gets Stuck and Dies in Charity Bin While Dumpster Diving

A woman was found dead inside a charity bin in Queensland, Australia on Monday after she became trapped in the opening mechanism while “dumpster diving” for donated items, according to authorities.

The 43-year-old woman’s body was discovered by a member of the public who was dropping off clothes outside a shopping centre in Burleigh Heads just after 7AM. She was dangling “half in, half out” of the bin.

Police believe the lid to the chute dropped down while she was reaching into the bin, wedging her there—although the exact cause of death is as yet unconfirmed. It is not being treated as suspicious.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4adkmg/woman-gets-stuck-in-charity-bin-dies-dumpster-diving

Interesting in as much as this could well be me at some point:

Norway death: Police ask how Oslo man's body lay in flat for nine years.

Police in Norway have asked how a man's body could have lain in his flat for nine years after he is believed to have died.

The man had been in his 60s and no-one reported him missing, police told Norwegian broadcaster NRK.

Norway death: Police ask how Oslo man's body lay in flat for nine years - BBC News

• Shocked 1

51 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Interesting in as much as this could well be me at some point:

Norway death: Police ask how Oslo man's body lay in flat for nine years.

Police in Norway have asked how a man's body could have lain in his flat for nine years after he is believed to have died.

The man had been in his 60s and no-one reported him missing, police told Norwegian broadcaster NRK.

Norway death: Police ask how Oslo man's body lay in flat for nine years - BBC News

Probably could have laid still another 9 years if undisturbed.

On 05/04/2021 at 12:05, Sir Creep said:

Wang Long, a steel factory worker in China jumped into a blast furnace and died after discovering he lost more than $9,000 on the stock market.

With the name Wang Long you’d think he had something else to live for...

SC

Anyway, quite a manly way to die 

https://iltirreno.gelocal.it/italia-mondo/cronaca/2021/05/04/news/la-madre-dell-operaia-morta-in-fabbrica-lavorava-per-costruirsi-un-futuro-e-sognava-il-cinema-1.40230959

Italian actress Luana D'Orazio dead at age 22.

The young woman, known from the 2018 comedy film Se son rose was crushed to death in a textile factory. A horrible way to die and far too young.

3 minutes ago, arghton said:

https://iltirreno.gelocal.it/italia-mondo/cronaca/2021/05/04/news/la-madre-dell-operaia-morta-in-fabbrica-lavorava-per-costruirsi-un-futuro-e-sognava-il-cinema-1.40230959

Italian actress Luana D'Orazio dead at age 22.

The young woman, known from the 2018 comedy film Se son rose was crushed to death in a textile factory. A horrible way to die and far too young.

Being an extra in a movie does not make "an actress" out of you. 

And no one knows that movie here. 

• Like 1

Man found dead inside dinosaur. A dinosaur statue to be accurate. It's speculated he climbed into the hollow structure to retrieve a dropped mobile phone, and got trapped.

Man gets mowed down over grass clippings. (Yeah, pun intended.)

Woman dies in freak bungee accident. (Link in Dutch)

The instructor yelled JUMP!!

And jump she did....

....but it was her boyfriend who was strapped at the legs and the yel was meant for him....

She only bounced back a few centimeters. 

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

It doesn't get more freak than this..

Woman killed mowing the lawn by aircraft landing.

Canada of course. 

"Police couldn't say if the aircraft was for skydiving or if it was a small, private plane."

In which case one wonders if they are exclusively employing blind policemen in Canada.

Here's a picture of the plane.

Used for skydiving? Sure, maybe in Narnia.

Hit Mower Plane.jpg