Captain Oates

Interesting Ways To Die...

It appears to be a Nanchang CJ-6 - the basic trainer of the Chinese Air Force. They're relatively inexpensive to pick up used.

Maybe Prince Philip had a point.

• Shocked 1

On 14/08/2021 at 17:09, jcc said:

Maybe Prince Philip had a point.

Reminds me of the joke ‘how did they know Vic Morrow had dandruff?  They found his Head and Shoulders in the bushes’.  Could be that’s too American but there you go.

On 17/07/2005 at 02:02, Banshees Scream said:

How about getting kicked in the face by a horse?

That's what happened to my great great grandfather...

Nearly similar to one of my ancestors - he was killed by an errant cartwheel in Halesworth.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Fall 11 stories down a rubbish chute.

Reminds me of a sick joke. Who is the fastest reader in the world? Eric Clapton's son. 32 stories in 14 seconds.

A woman choked to death while eating lunch at a bar in southeastern Spain.  The 63-year-old, whose name has not been released, was dining with a relative in Plaza de la Iglesia in Santomera, Murcia.

According to local reports, she choked on a piece of octopus that had become lodged in her airway.  Paramedics tried to revive her on their arrival, but were unable to save her life.
SC

Man holding a goat meant for animal sacrifice is beheaded by drunk priest who missed his target.  Slightly 'Ironic' too.

SC

This poorly-worded story seems to indicate a train conductor got out of his train and ran over himself (suicide).  

Do feel free to correct me. As I said, the author got his degree from a Wordle correspondence course out of Côte d’Ivoire. I’m relying on the title for accuracy.

SC

• Like 1

Shocking story!

At least 26 people have been killed when an overhead high-voltage cable fell into a drainage ditch at a market in the Democratic Republic of the Congo’s capital Kinshasa, local authorities said.

I would ask why people are shopping while standing in a drainage ditch with standing water (no pun intended), but it’s the fucking Congo. 
SC

A woman fell five stories through a gap in a bridge in West Palm Beach, Florida, that opened as she was walking her bike across it.

She was about 10 feet from the end of the bridge and fell some 50 feet through a gap in the road, police said. She landed on concrete.

SC

Man has leg cut off with circular saw in public park and succumbs to injuries shortly afterwards  A 'friend' has been arrested for murder.  This appears to have been a mutually arranged activity, although details are still emerging.

“Police also believe there was an arrangement between the two people for the amputation of the leg.” [...]

Police allege the men drove together to the park before 4am on Saturday and sat under a tree.

They said about 20 minutes later the 36-year-old cut off the older man’s leg below the knee using what is believed to be a battery powered saw, helped him back into the car and then departed on foot"

The article doesn't state what happened to the removed leg.   

• Shocked 1

54 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Man has leg cut off with circular saw in public park and succumbs to injuries shortly afterwards  A 'friend' has been arrested for murder.  This appears to have been a mutually arranged activity, although details are still emerging.

The article doesn't state what happened to the removed leg.   

Yes it does - the other chap made his getaway on it. 

"the 36-year-old cut off the older man’s leg below the knee using what is believed to be a battery powered saw, helped him back into the car and then departed on foot"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shades of the cannibal of Rothenburg.... 

A Florida man was killed after he was run over by the street sweeper he was driving.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the unidentified 57-year-old man was operating a street sweeper in the parking lot of a Brandon (FL) Publix supermarket when a crash sent him flying out of the truck into its path as it kept moving forward, running him over and killing him.

SC