Captain Oates

Interesting Ways To Die...

Authorities in South Carolina have determined that a man who was reported missing on May 5 fell into a plastic shredding machine at a recycling center. Duncan Alexander Burrell Gordon, 20, was last seen working on the machine at Industrial Recovery and Recycling.

Coroner Rusty Clevenger noted that the machine had been checked a total of four times and had processed around 60,000 pounds of plastic in the two months since Gordon was reported missing.

SC

• Like 1

Death by Traffic Cone.

Hey, at least the body was easy to locate!

Includes video footage 

SC

• Like 1

A 32-year-old man was sucked to his death in Israel Thursday after a sinkholre opened up under a swimming pool, pulling him under in a matter of seconds.

Klil Kimhi was attending a company party at the private pool in Karmi Yosef, a small settlement 25 miles southeast of Tel Aviv, when the incident occurred.

Video shows the pool suddenly emptying of water as people look on in disbelief. One man falls off his feet and is helped back up as festive pool toys are sucked past him into the hole
SC

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

:clivedunn:

• Like 1

There are some classic deaths in this link of funny headlines. Too good not to share this with you all. Classics like a vegan woman who tried to prove they are not weak, climbs Everest and dies. Or a couple that went biking in Isis territory to prove the Taliban ain't that bad....

Enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

Back to the order of the day....

Beach guest attacked by beach umbrella. Dies.

• Like 2

From an item in the Grauniad that might disappear at any moment if a queens corgi farts or something, so Immortalising it here.

Not an actual death as it turns out, but not for want of trying.

Arrest a woman by stopping her car leaving your police cruiser on an unguarded level crossing in the process. Once arrested and checked for guns cuff the woman in the cruiser then languidly search her car for a few minutes until a train arrives and the inevitable follows. 

This is an absolute gold standard in fuckwittery. There are at least 3 or 4 officers present. I struggle to get my head around the fact that not one of them considers trains on a level crossing, duh, not one.

Un-fuckin-believable. 

Oh, and after that? Carry on searching the car for a gun because that's the most important thing, she might uncuff herself, run back with 14 broken bones, grab that gun and shoot you.

Laugh and joke and say "I know you know what you're doing"....Are these two films merged into one? It can't be real, it just can't.

Only in America.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

This isn't going so well, is it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If he isn’t liking every fucking post he sets eyes on, he’s posting utter shite. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Perhaps said:

Se ele não está gostando de cada maldito post que ele põe os olhos, ele está postando uma merda total. 

isn't the post about different ways to die?, i saw some here and decided to share, i thought they were different ways to die, don't you think?

6 hours ago, Perhaps said:

If he isn’t liking every fucking post he sets eyes on, he’s posting utter shite. 

I thought it was just me. :lol:

• Sad 1

Well, that story about that woman is valid here.

• Like 1