Sign in to follow this  
Deadornot

has anyone famous posted?

the topic speaks for itself

There was someone a while ago, supposedly. Have to check it out.

Not quite the same thing, but there was the humorous incident where Richard Pryor's missus said that he got pissed off with people ringing to check if he was dead yet! Posted it before, but here it is again:

Not dead yet!

Maybe he'll give our site a nice name-check one day soon

How would we know?

Edit: The previous post gives a possible answer, but surely it's more likely that a poster would assume an identity, or perhaps try to hide his/her true identity.

How would we know?

Wasn't there some MP who posted a while ago when he found his name on this site. Of course, as you suggest, it could have been a fake posting.

Wasn't there some MP who posted a while ago when he found his name on this site.  Of course, as you suggest, it could have been a fake posting.

I believe that the person being referred to is Paul Marsden, former Liberal Democrat MP for Shrewsbury & Atcham.

He double posted here when he found his name on the deathlist.net website last year.

Regards,

ff :)

There was some excitement a while ago when it was suggested that Clive Dunn had posted under an alias - you'll have to read the thread to get the full story.

Other than that, under the "World's Strongest Man" thread, the wife of Johnny Perry posted a very moving piece about her husbands death which then resulted in the thread being closed. I don't think anyone at the time, or since, thought it was anything other than genuine.

That just about covers it I think.

DWB :)

I am actually very famous ..... hope no-one finds out my true identity

I got recognised by some bloke in the pub the other day who I played footy against back in the late 80's. Does that make me famous?

I am actually very famous ..... hope no-one finds out my true identity

I don't recognise your face, what is your field?

Guest Guest

I'm Famous.

I'm Famous.

I'm famous, and so's my wife.

regards,

Hein

I think Prince Charles posted one or two about his mother.

Well I am certainly famous. Fabulously famous in point of fact. I am a memebr of the long line of Famous Brimleys Of North Brimleyville located just west of East Brimleyshire in the State of New Brimley. As I head down Brimley Boulevard going to the Brimley Coffee Shop I stop at Brimley Apparel and select a new hat designed in true Brimley style.

(Did I mention that I am famous, even if only in my own slightly warped mind?)

Well I am certainly famous. Fabulously famous in point of fact. I am a memebr of the long line of Famous Brimleys Of North Brimleyville located just west of East Brimleyshire in the State of New Brimley. As I head down Brimley Boulevard going to the Brimley Coffee Shop I stop at Brimley Apparel and select a new hat designed in true Brimley style.

I'm getting the feeling that this guy's trying to tell me something about my posts.

He said something about beating my 'record' earlier on.

Well I am certainly famous.  Fabulously famous in point of fact.  I am a memebr of the long line of Famous Brimleys Of North Brimleyville located just west of East Brimleyshire in the State of New Brimley.  As I head down Brimley Boulevard going to the Brimley Coffee Shop I stop at Brimley Apparel and select a new hat designed in true Brimley style.

I'm getting the feeling that this guy's trying to tell me something about my posts.

He said something about beating my 'record' earlier on.

Oh gracious me, don't take it all so personally Windsor. It's often odd (and occasionally not so often not) that I didn't even think about you when I posted that now famous post about my being famous. No, I didn't even realize you'd try to relate it to yourself.

(and you'll notice I included your entire quote this time :angel4::(:):) )

No, I didn't even realize you'd try to relate it to yourself.

Sorry, perhaps I am Narcissistic then.

Windsor, doesn't having a thread dedicated to you count for anything? I am not famous, but once had work done on my car by Ron Wood. Not Ron Wood from the Rolling Stones, but Ron Wood the auto electrician from South Auckland.

I saw someone famous once. It was on television.

I work with a guy called David Bowie.

I also went to school with Dot Cotton's real-life daughter & uni with one of the Pet Shop Boys (the one you wouldn't recognise in the street).

Well if we're doing claims to fame, I'm related to the Pet Shop Boy that you would recognise in the street and I once met and stroked Goldie the dog from Blue Peter!

I also went to school with Dot Cotton's real-life daughter & uni with one of the Pet Shop Boys (the one you wouldn't recognise in the street).

Not entirley true, I recognised him in a street in Amsterdam about 5 years ago, although it actually turned out to be Vince Clarke.