HEADSTONE

Keith Floyd

Guest Guest_dave_*

If the man makes his 70th birthday it will be a miracle <_<

It looks like he went on a week long whisky bender after the collapse of his marriage.

My favourite bit of the article:

"Everyone knows Keith likes a drink - his favourite tipple is Scotch," Mr Green added. "But it has never been a problem for him and I doubt whether it is a factor in his collapse."

Nicely illustrating the fact that for you to be considered to have "a problem" with alcohol in the UK you have to be George Best. <_<

Guest Guest_dave_*
It looks like he went on a week long whisky bender after the collapse of his marriage.

"Everyone knows Keith likes a drink - his favourite tipple is Scotch," Mr Green added. "But it has never been a problem for him and I doubt whether it is a factor in his collapse."

Nicely illustrating the fact that for you to be considered to have "a problem" with alcohol in the UK you have to be George Best. <_<

Its not looking too good for him is it.I think we have another Jeremy Beadle situation judging by that article..

Ah but you Argies can't take your Quilmes so that lowers the bar in terms of the definition of alcoholism surely ;-)

Though you make a valid point about our nordic drinking styles, I blame it on all that raping and pillaging the Vikings put us through.

Bienvenida DdlM, here's a bit of Borges for you, Tic Tacs couldn't have put it better I guess.... "En mi juventud probé la mescalina y la cocaína pero enseguida me pasé a los pastillas de menta que me parecieron más estimulantes. Si las drogas producen el mismo efecto que el alcohol, no me interesan. Un borracho es evidentemente ridículo. He estado borracho algunas veces y lo recuerdo como una experiencia muy desagradable para los demás y para mí."

Guest Guest_dave_*

Keith Floyd reported to be just fine according to his friend.However his friend appears to be in Thailand so whetehr we can take this as enirely accurate and up to date Im not sure

Ah but you Argies can't take your Quilmes so that lowers the bar in terms of the definition of alcoholism surely ;-)

Though you make a valid point about our nordic drinking styles, I blame it on all that raping and pillaging the Vikings put us through.

Bienvenida DdlM, here's a bit of Borges for you, Tic Tacs couldn't have put it better I guess.... "En mi juventud probé la mescalina y la cocaína pero enseguida me pasé a los pastillas de menta que me parecieron más estimulantes. Si las drogas producen el mismo efecto que el alcohol, no me interesan. Un borracho es evidentemente ridículo. He estado borracho algunas veces y lo recuerdo como una experiencia muy desagradable para los demás y para mí."

So we have someone who knows Quilmes Beer AND Borges! Now I'm suitably impressed! <_<

Crikey, he looks like Rupert Murdoch!

The man deserves to go - he has the utmost disrespect for life having trashed his body for 65 years... you would think that somebody who specializes in catering would pay more attention to looking after your body. Remember him on The Mrs. Merton Show in the 90s - he sat there chain smoking and swigging back wine whilst giving a relatively crap interview....

The man deserves to go - he has the utmost disrespect for life having trashed his body for 65 years... you would think that somebody who specializes in catering would pay more attention to looking after your body. Remember him on The Mrs. Merton Show in the 90s - he sat there chain smoking and swigging back wine whilst giving a relatively crap interview....

Quit promoting child molsters like Michael Jackson in one breath. And wishing the demise of a culinary genuis in another.

Edit: B) Keith, I've always loved your TV programs, and I hope your last days are as painless as possible. :skull:

Sometimes people say the most stupid f'ucking things!

Disrespect for life? Whos life? His!

That man has drank too much, smoked too much, lost a fortune, made a fortune, lost it again and did some cooking.

If he only lives to 66, so be it.

Is it not better to live to 66 having filled that life with pleasures, whatever they may be, and enjoyed the adrenalin of life rather than live to 88 having had life bore the tits off of you?

Trashed body or not, he has probably had more fun than most of us will ever have.

Good luck to him, the only man that I actually enjoyed watching cook.

Nobody cooks like Floyd, no f'ucker can hold a candle to him.....incase the alcohol fumes ignite.

Cremation seems an unlikely choice then :skull:

That man has drank too much, smoked too much, lost a fortune, made a fortune, lost it again and did some cooking.

Is it not better to live to 66 having filled that life with pleasures, whatever they may be, and enjoyed the adrenalin of life rather than live to 88 having had life bore the tits off of you?

Trashed body or not, he has probably had more fun than most of us will ever have.

Nobody cooks like Floyd, no f'ucker can hold a candle to him.....incase the alcohol fumes ignite.

Yup he lived a good life. B)

All this healthy living is bollocks. My friend was the healthiest person you could know, exercise, very slim, eats macrobiotic sh*te for breakfast and bifidus digestivum for tea, no fags or booze - I smoke like a chimney, drink like a fish and am fat - guess who's the one who's now living on borrowed time with bowel cancer?

All this healthy living is bollocks. My friend was the healthiest person you could know, exercise, very slim, eats macrobiotic sh*te for breakfast and bifidus digestivum for tea, no fags or booze - I smoke like a chimney, drink like a fish and am fat - guess who's the one who's now living on borrowed time with bowel cancer?

I think that truly f'ucks the argument for healthy living right up the arse.

I think that truly f'ucks the argument for healthy living right up the arse.

Indeed. Sadly my friend will not be getting f'ucked up the arse by anything, as she no longer has one :skull:

Im sooooo glad you got it Lardy.

I knew you would!! :skull:

He's just the same as all TV chefs... don't reely see any difference TBH but if you insist then please do explain to me what it is about his cooking that makes him so unique from the rest? B)

He's just the same as all TV chefs... don't reely see any difference TBH but if you insist then please do explain to me what it is about his cooking that makes him so unique from the rest? B)

Jamie Oliver tells you how to feed your kids.

Hugh Fearnly-Whittingthingmy goes on about chicken welfare.

Gordon Ramsay goes on about cooking proper food.

Keith Floyd doesn't give a sh*te.

Quit promoting child molsters like Michael Jackson in one breath. And wishing the demise of a culinary genuis in another.

Edit: B) Keith, I've always loved your TV programs, and I hope your last days are as painless as possible. :skull:

Now correct me if I'm wrong... but aren't you from Missouri. How would you know of Keith Floyd?

Keith Floyd doesn't give a sh*te.

Floyd was from a completely different generation of chefs. You can't make a comparison. He hasn't had his own television program for 8 years now... he's pretty much off the box but I think if he was still regularly cooking on television he would get involved with some of that rubbish. The only one I know for sure wouldn't get involved with all that is Delia Smith cos she's said herself that she thinks the whole humanitarian chef thing is a waste of time and pathetic....

Now correct me if I'm wrong... but aren't you from Missouri. How would you know of Keith Floyd?

What the hell does that have to do with anything? I know who he is and I'm from Texas.

He also has great taste in wine. :ghost3:

Edit: :ghost3: Keith, I've always loved your TV programs, and I hope your last days are as painless as possible. :skull:

Cable TV, Travel Channel has had his show on TV off and on for years. B)

He hasn't had his own television program for 8 years now... he's pretty much off the box but I think if he was still regularly cooking on television he would get involved with some of that rubbish.

I like the logic behind that...you must share the secrets of your 'what if' machine with the wider DL community...