HEADSTONE

Keith Floyd

The man deserves to go - he has the utmost disrespect for life having trashed his body for 65 years... you would think that somebody who specializes in catering would pay more attention to looking after your body. Remember him on The Mrs. Merton Show in the 90s - he sat there chain smoking and swigging back wine whilst giving a relatively crap interview....

Sometimes people say the most stupid f'ucking things!

Disrespect for life? Whos life? His!

That man has drank too much, smoked too much, lost a fortune, made a fortune, lost it again and did some cooking.

If he only lives to 66, so be it.

Is it not better to live to 66 having filled that life with pleasures, whatever they may be, and enjoyed the adrenalin of life rather than live to 88 having had life bore the tits off of you?

Trashed body or not, he has probably had more fun than most of us will ever have.

Good luck to him, the only man that I actually enjoyed watching cook.

Nobody cooks like Floyd, no f'ucker can hold a candle to him.....incase the alcohol fumes ignite.

Cremation seems an unlikely choice then :skull:

He's just the same as all TV chefs... don't reely see any difference TBH but if you insist then please do explain to me what it is about his cooking that makes him so unique from the rest? B)

I will tell you what makes him unique from the rest, as Winny has said, he doesnt give a sh*t.

Nothing to promote, he isnt sanctimonious, gets pissed while he cooks, measures f'uck all of his ingredients and just throws it all in and, most importantly, he gives you the impression that its JUST COOKING!

Its not brain surgery, life or death or art, just cooking.

Ramsey, John Burton Race, Mockney w*nker and the Ginger Twat are poles apart from him.

Good enough for you? :ghost3:

He hasn't had his own television program for 8 years now... he's pretty much off the box but I think if he was still regularly cooking on television he would get involved with some of that rubbish.

I like the logic behind that...you must share the secrets of your 'what if' machine with the wider DL community...

It wasn't so much "what if" argument - I was really just wanting to know how you feel you can make such a comparison when the man in question is in a completely different boat from Ramsay, Oliver, Heston, Fearnley-Whittingshall etc.

I'll give you one thing Windsor.. Floyd did indeed have a very apathetic attitude on TV and yes that's what made him entertaining - particularly in clips like

but my original point was I don't see how anybody can take such an attitude to their life in general... and now he's paying the price... I really don't think I've said anything bad but I seem to have stirred a lot of controversy on a website that flipping guesses when people die.

He hasn't had his own television program for 8 years now... he's pretty much off the box but I think if he was still regularly cooking on television he would get involved with some of that rubbish.

I like the logic behind that...you must share the secrets of your 'what if' machine with the wider DL community...

It wasn't so much "what if" argument - I was really just wanting to know how you feel you can make such a comparison when the man in question is in a completely different boat from Ramsay, Oliver, Heston, Fearnley-Whittingshall etc.

I'll give you one thing Windsor.. Floyd did indeed have a very apathetic attitude on TV and yes that's what made him entertaining - particularly in clips like

but my original point was I don't see how anybody can take such an attitude to their life in general... and now he's paying the price... I really don't think I've said anything bad but I seem to have stirred a lot of controversy on a website that flipping guesses when people die.

Your original point was the bone of contention.

How YOU perceive life isnt neccessarily how others see it, certainly not Keith Floyd.

His attitude has, probably, been to drink lots, smoke lots, take little exercise and shag lots of women.

Why compromise if you are enjoying yourself so much?

If he cut out the ciggies, drank the recommended amount of units and walked more, he may well have been able to put another 10 years on his life expectancy. Is that all its about?

Is life really a competition to see how long we can all live for?

It is easy peasy to be judgemental, the moral highground is full of citizens looking out to a sea of human trash, tutting away to their live fast and die young attitude.

I know I would be rather swimming in the sea with Keith Floyd than standing on the shore with you.

That, Sir, would be my right to choose how I wish to live my life.

Who is anybody to judge Keith Floyds excesses?

He has good taste in wine, and a great travel show. :skull:

Floyd asked his doctor, "Doctor, if I drink less, smoke less and have less sex will I live longer?" and his doctor replied, "No, but it will sure seem like it"

There's a TV programme next monday (14th) on Channel 4, Keith Meets Keith, where Floyd is tracked down by Keith 'Lily's dad' Allen..

Worth a gander to see his current state. Unless it's a repeat of course...

Breaking news on the Beeb. Keith Floyd has had his chips (with a white wine sauce)

....Snip....

..../Snip...

Marvellous succinct comment.

I've never won any competitions, I doubt this will be any different.

....Snip....

..../Snip...

Marvellous succinct comment.

I've never won any competitions, I doubt this will be any different.

Not with half the population of Tonga still baying for your blood.

RIP Keith - you were a class act.

I'll be raising a glass of red wine in his honour tonight when I cook up some bangers for the wife.

I'll be raising a glass of red wine in his honour tonight when I cook up some bangers for the wife.

I'll settle for banging the cooker in our house. :(

Truly a tremendous pity, I'm one of the many he inspired in the kitchen. If not to cook up meals of great quality and taste, then certainly to get quietly pissed while banging about a few pots and pans on the stove top.

He was cool :(

There have been better weeks. First Mr Borlaug and now Mr Floyd. Keith may not have fed the starving but at least he tried to inspire those who had something to eat to do something good with it.

One last long, lingering close up, eh?

Bit of a downer, I had him pencilled in for next year

Sorry to see you go, Keith. I once spent an evening with Jean-Christophe Novelli and he said that you taught him to cook and were a true inspiration to him and having watched your programmes I agree that you were inspirational. Not only for your cooking but also for your attitude grabbing life by the balls and squeezing till it screams!

Oh Bugger....I had him down for next year as well, was gonna have him in the DDP stakes..

Oh Bugger....I had him down for next year as well, was gonna have him in the DDP stakes..

Did anyone see that 'Keith Meets Keith' show on Channel 4? That would be his last TV appearance... :unsure:

Bit of a downer, I had him pencilled in for next year

Nevertheless some people did pick him for DDP 2009, thanks to his general reputation, and here they are..

Coffin It Up

H5N1

Sometimes They Come Back

Sorry God, I Thought You Were Kenny Rogers

Stiff As A Board

The Tartan Flatliners

I'll settle for banging the cooker in our house. :unsure:

I'll settle for banging the wife, which would truly be a novelty.....

My wife is the cooker. I wouldn't know how to make gravy.

My wife is the cooker. I wouldn't know how to make gravy.

The gravy is downstairs.

If you can face going downstairs.

Apparently his heart attack came "only hours after a lunch to celebrate being given the all clear from bowel cancer"

link

I'm sure he would have appreciated the irony.

The other irony (as he hinted at on the "Keith meets Keith" prog) is that he was probably one of the main catalysts for the annoying "celebrity chef" culture we have today, although he himself always said (to paraphrase) "point the camera at the food, you moron, not at me"!

Keith Floyd is getting cremated next week

Gas mark 6 for 2 hrs

I doubt that would be long enough to cremate a human corpse. You'd be lucky to cremate a small rodent following those instructions. Which just goes to further prove the old adage, "never trust a guest poster's cooking advice". Keith would be spinning in his grave if he saw the level of culinary ineptitude displayed by guest posters these days.

One of our plethora of resident statisticians can, no doubt, elucidate upon the required cooking conditions for a cadaver of Mr. Floyd's proportions.

As a layman, might I suggest that a high blood alcohol level may contribute to a more efficient burn-up?

Let the flames begin...

keithfloydtvchef001hot.jpg

Hot? Bloody right it's hot! But hot enough to cremate me? I'm not so sure...