Lady Die

Harry Potter

The Hollywood Reporter have the list of attendees to the HBO reunion, marking 20 years since the first film came out.

Confirmed to be attending, so far:

Christopher Columbus (director)

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)
Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley)
Emma Watson (Hermione Granger)
Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange)
Robbie Coltrane (Rubeus Hagrid)
Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort)
Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy)
Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy)
Gary Oldman (Sirius Black)
Imelda Staunton (Dolores Umbridge)
James Phelps (Fred Weasley)
Oliver Phelps (George Weasley)
Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley)
Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley)
Alfred Enoch (Dean Thomas)
Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom)
Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood)
Ian Hart (Professor Quirrell)

Felton mysteriously collapsed whilst golfing in September 2021 and was taken to hospital. Coltrane has been ill for years, is wheelchair bound and seldom makes appearances. Perhaps their presence should be enough to rule them out for next year. Then again, James Michael Tyler appeared at the Friends reunion this year via Zoom, and he was dead 4 months later.

Notably, J.K. Rowling has been snubbed, but that's more likely due to silly political reasons rather than anything else. Whilst HBO have said that other cast members will appear as surprises along the way, it's worthwhile noting who the omissions are for now:

Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore #2)
Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall) 
Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick / Griphook #2)
Kenneth Branagh (Professor Lockhart)
Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody)
Fiona Shaw (Aunt Petunia)
Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew)
David Thewlis (Remus Lupin)
Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney)
Julie Walters (Molly Weasley)
Miriam Margolyes (Professor Sprout)
David Bradley (Filch)
Toby Jones (Dobby)
Leslie Phillips (The Sorting Hat)
Pam Ferris (Aunt Marge)
David Tennant (Barty Crouch Jr.)

More may ofc announce they're attending later, but worth keeping a tab on these...

Notable dead actors from the franchise so far...

Richard Harris (Professor Dumbledore #1)
Alan Rickman (Professor Snape)
Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon)
Robert Hardy (Cornelius Fudge)
Verne Troyer (Griphook #1)
Roger Lloyd Pack (Barty Crouch Sr.)
Helen McCrory (Narcissa Malfoy)
John Hurt (Mr. Ollivander)
(+ 28 others who are less notable)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore #2)
Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall) 
Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick / Griphook #2)
Kenneth Branagh (Professor Lockhart)
Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody)
Fiona Shaw (Aunt Petunia)
Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew)
 David Thewlis (Remus Lupin)
Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney)
Julie Walters (Molly Weasley)
Miriam Margolyes (Professor Sprout)
David Bradley (Filch)
Toby Jones (Dobby)
Leslie Phillips (The Sorting Hat)
Pam Ferris (Aunt Marge)

More may ofc announce they're attending later, but worth keeping a tab on these...

Discounting those who keep very busy working (ie Tennant, Jones, Shaw) the obvious one to keep an eye on here is Michael Gambon, who was having memory issues pre-pandemic (he retired from the stage due to them). Julie Walters has cut her career down significantly since cancer. Warwick Davis was looking unwell at the tail end of his Tenable run and we know the rumours there.

Not named (unless I missed her) is Zoe Wannamaker, who almost certainly wont show up as she had an almighty argument with the producers and quit the series after one film, hence why the games mistress disappears from the films. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, msc said:

Discounting those who keep very busy working (ie Tennant, Jones, Shaw) the obvious one to keep an eye on here is Michael Gambon, who was having memory issues pre-pandemic (he retired from the stage due to them). Julie Walters has cut her career down significantly since cancer. Warwick Davis was looking unwell at the tail end of his Tenable run and we know the rumours there.

Not named (unless I missed her) is Zoe Wannamaker, who almost certainly wont show up as she had an almighty argument with the producers and quit the series after one film, hence why the games mistress disappears from the films. 

Julie feels the type of person to appear at it via zoom as a surprise. 

• Like 1

Several leading or supporting players not mentioned at all. :(

Anyway, wonder how much they are getting paid.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, msc said:

A video with him was released a few days ago for Disney+ Day and the Willow revival which he's currently involved with (and was, I thought, the reason he left Tenable?). Make your own minds up, I suppose.

• Like 3

On 16/11/2021 at 21:02, Ulitzer95 said:

The Hollywood Reporter have the list of attendees to the HBO reunion, marking 20 years since the first film came out.

Felton mysteriously collapsed whilst golfing in September 2021 and was taken to hospital. Coltrane has been ill for years, is wheelchair bound and seldom makes appearances. Perhaps their presence should be enough to rule them out for next year. Then again, James Michael Tyler appeared at the Friends reunion this year via Zoom, and he was dead 4 months later.

Notably, J.K. Rowling has been snubbed, but that's more likely due to silly political reasons rather than anything else. Whilst HBO have said that other cast members will appear as surprises along the way, it's worthwhile noting who the omissions are for now:

I follow Tom Felton on social media and while all he does is play golf (along with the twins) and livestreams with his guitar. He looks perfectly fine.

David Tennant is currently filming Good Omens S2 with Michael Sheen. I get updates from Georgia Tennant on Instagram and Twitter near daily. I don't think it's suitable for him to appear as he barely was on screen for less than 15 minutes in Goblet of Fire.

• Like 1

Maggie Smith interview from May.

Turns 88 next year, but I reckon she's got another few left in her yet.

Robbie Coltrane recorded message for a fan, again from May.

Looks okay. I still don't think he'll see 80 though.

For the record, couldn't find any recent clips of Michael Gambon. Make of that what you will.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Maggie Smith interview from May.

Turns 88 next year, but I reckon she's got another few left in her yet.

Robbie Coltrane recorded message for a fan, again from May.

Looks okay. I still don't think he'll see 80 though.

For the record, couldn't find any recent clips of Michael Gambon. Make of that what you will.

Maggie is also in the new Downton Abbey film released next March.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

His last major role was in Judy, which was filmed in 2018. Make of that what you will, too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

His last major role was in Judy, which was filmed in 2018. Make of that what you will, too.

It’s very suspicious how he has completely stopped working. And that was a while before the pandemic. He also didn’t attend the London premiere of Judy which most of the cast attended.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

OK, I'll rephrase as I didn't realise my last comment was subtle! Michael Gambon had to quit stage work in 2015 because he couldn't remember his lines anymore. He was able to keep acting for TV/film with help, because acting was pretty much his be all and end all of life. He spent time in hospital in 2017, returned to do a few bits of acting after, but then just stopped, and last year the word was he wasn't well at all now. That's as much as I know.

Shame, as he is a bloody brilliant actor.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, msc said:

OK, I'll rephrase as I didn't realise my last comment was subtle! Michael Gambon had to quit stage work in 2015 because he couldn't remember his lines anymore. He was able to keep acting for TV/film with help, because acting was pretty much his be all and end all of life. He spent time in hospital in 2017, returned to do a few bits of acting after, but then just stopped, and last year the word was he wasn't well at all now. That's as much as I know.

Shame, as he is a bloody brilliant actor.

Presumably he now has other issues on top of some form of Dementia for a 2017 hospital stay. Sounds like we all should be considering him for our shadow lists.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Maggie is one I could see getting to 100 n.o. 

She has been quite frail for a while and i'm pretty sure her character is getting killed off in the film. I know the character told her grandaugter she didn't have long to live in the first movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw this picture of Rowling today, apparently taken yesterday:

rowling2022.thumb.jpg.6706f1f668c560c090be41db6415730a.jpg

56? Looks around 20 years older atleast in this picture. Pale as hell too. Shite compared to what she looked like a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, arghton said:

56? Looks around 20 years older atleast in this picture. 

Looks 56 to me.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, arghton said:

56? Looks around 20 years older atleast in this picture. Pale as hell too. Shite compared to what she looked like a couple of years ago.

That’s what hate does to a person innit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

My champagne bottle for her is Kissinger-sized at this point but I am mindful that's not going to be another 20-30 years.

• Like 10

On 11/04/2022 at 14:23, TQR said:

That’s what hate does to a person innit.

You're getting boring now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Imelda said:

You're getting boring now.

Only to the right people :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, time said:

John Atterbury died

For completeness, John Atterbury played Phineas Nigellus Black In The Order Of The Phoenix in an almost blink and you'll miss him scene. Phineas was a former headmaster of the school, appearing in a moving portrait - the role in the books is much more detailed and significant, and his non-appearance in The Deathly Hallows leads fans to speculate how Snape could possibly have known the whereabouts of Potter and Granger to lead to the discovery of Gryffindor's sword.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Obitwatcher said:

Happily not, apparently.  Don't know how to embed tweets, but Toby has tweeted that his information was incorrect and John Atterbury still lives.

So the above John Atterbury is alive - so Phineas Nigellus lives after all.

Probably the entry in the latest Equity Mag relates to a pipe smoking Equity rep from Cumbria - or summat.

• Like 3