sidburyman

Edward Heath

Yet another case of a dead politician being thrown to the dogs whilst living ones carry on with no remorse.

True but nevertheless it is a huge tarnish to his party and to the British establishment. Maybe they will be able to follow some leads to track down living ones (maybe I am living in naive hope here.)

Yet another case of a dead politician being thrown to the dogs whilst living ones carry on with no remorse.

True but nevertheless it is a huge tarnish to his party and to the British establishment. Maybe they will be able to follow some leads to track down living ones (maybe I am living in naive hope here.)

There was a lot of speculation earlier in the week that a living, currently-serving MP and former cabinet minister was about to be named. I'm wondering if the only reason Heath has been named at last, is to protect whoever this living MP and abuser is.

Guest droosy

I guess that the sitting MP is more dangerous than Heath the Zombie

very disappointed that this thread doesnt have a DEAD tag on it!

It would be a shock to discover the biggest gay pick up in seventies London was Ted Heath rather then Hampsted Heath.

• Like 2

There's a reason for that.

Enlighten us...

:rip: DEAD!

The BBC News has the news.

Seven! Woohoo!

regards,

Hein

Former Labour chancellor Denis Healey said Sir Edward had been a friend for many years after the pair met at Oxford University.

If Heath is dirty then do we reckon Healey's friendship might have come about through EGH and Jersey yachts?

Guest droosy

Being a staunch Conservative in the 50´s must have been pretty fun, lots of kids for molesting and other stuff........the Labour had to cater to their bigoted miners, blue-collar workers - pretty boring to me

Being a staunch Conservative in the 50´s must have been pretty fun, lots of kids for molesting and other stuff........the Labour had to cater to their bigoted miners, blue-collar workers - pretty boring to me

Minors vs miners.

• Like 2

Guest droosy

A couple of underprivileged kids running and larking on yachts` deck, sometimes doing favours to Mr. Heath and his friends - it sounds like a typical conservative charity event

Enlighten us...

Because it's an old thread dating from before the forum upgrade. The tagging came in with the new software. Or summat like that.

Enlighten us...

Because it's an old thread dating from before the forum upgrade. The tagging came in with the new software. Or summat like that.

Aye, and summat's been done about it now!

• Like 3

Thank God maybe this thread will go back to page 37 of 69 where it belongs, and I won't have to look at it.

SC

Thank God maybe this thread will go back to page 37 of 69 where it belongs, and I won't have to look at it.

SC

Dunno SC, I might be a problem to your sanity hereabouts for a while. I was one of the most amazed when Heath's death produced no skeletons in closets and given the amount of metaphorical egg on my visage I'll attempt to undo my earlier embarrassment with shameless "I told you so" posts when those with rings ripped by big Ted back in the day shuffle forward for their justice now.

• Like 1

SC

Dunno SC, I might be a problem to your sanity hereabouts for a while. I was one of the most amazed when Heath's death produced no skeletons in closets and given the amount of metaphorical egg on my visage I'll attempt to undo my earlier embarrassment with shameless "I told you so" posts when those with rings ripped by big Ted dubious difficult to substantiate claims with more holes than Heath's boats from back in the day shuffle forward for their justice money now.

FTFY

Thames Valley Police are now the SEVENTH force confirming allegations in need of investigation.

Thames Valley Police are now the SEVENTH force confirming allegations in need of investigation.

talk about jumping on the band wagon. All looking for something to do it seems

• Like 2

Yeah right, investigate it ten years after his death, so you can say you did something...

SC

If you don't want to look at it, don't open it. It's perfectly simple.

An investigation of this depth will go on for some time.

Is there actually much to these allegations, other that in the current climate they have to be pursued? Various people, including journalists and biographers, who were close to him have expressed surprise and disbelief, as opposed to the likes of Savile and Smith, both of whose vices were common knowledge in certain circles. Heath was always subject to speculation concerning his private life owing to the fact that he never married, but now ever since Savilegate everyone famous is assumed to be guilty until proven otherwise

• Like 1

Is there actually much to these allegations, other that in the current climate they have to be pursued? Various people, including journalists and biographers, who were close to him have expressed surprise and disbelief, as opposed to the likes of Savile and Smith, both of whose vices were common knowledge in certain circles. Heath was always subject to speculation concerning his private life owing to the fact that he never married, but now ever since Savilegate everyone famous is assumed to be guilty until proven otherwise

I guess you could also say the same about this tried for Nazi war crimes. Those accused are either dead or as close to death that would it be worth putting them on trial?

But yes there is a lot of point to these allegations as it can potentially expose many more that were involved during that time and may still be involved in child prostitution.

• Like 1

I guess you could also say the same about this tried for Nazi war crimes. Those accused are either dead or as close to death that would it be worth putting them on trial?

But yes there is a lot of point to these allegations as it can potentially expose many more that were involved during that time and may still be involved in child prostitution.

I wasn't asking whether there was any point, of course allegations such as these have to be investigated. I was just wondering whether there is any actual substance to them, concerning Mr. Heath at least

• Like 1

I wasn't asking whether there was any point, of course allegations such as these have to be investigated. I was just wondering whether there is any actual substance to them, concerning Mr. Heath at least

I think the investigations will uncover a lot, the question is how much to release to the public is another thing.

If people coming forward are providing dates that coincide with "fundraisers' or other private social events attended by Ted Heath, and not only whether or not he participated. Or at the very least was in full knowledge of what was going on. If that can be proved, then who was behind the cover-up?