sidburyman

Edward Heath

... I do know that he spent a number of years living with a male opera singer

Who though?

Which your not going to answer, probably because your post was bullsh1t.

Definetly was not. Regarding the name I can't say, know that he died in the early 90' s though.

(Are we in any legal danger posting stuff this explicit on the net. Pardon the temporary loss of nerve).

(Are we in any legal danger posting stuff this explicit on the net. Pardon the temporary loss of nerve).

As Tonto said to the Lone Ranger when they were surrounded by the Indian war party

'What's the we, paleface' :(

oh. er, um, will get onto the admin@deathlist e-mail quick.do they usually let you change screen names???

(yes my fear is effecting my grammar :( )

I suspect that this "highly informed" faker is also responsible for some other posts, like this one in the Ted Heath thread;

ive heard that Ted Heath is now an invalid and does not have long to go.he could well die this year.

Note the poor punctuation/capitialization.

I can't locate the exact post at the moment but I recall a post a brief post about Patrick Moore's sexuality, showing the same fascination this poster has for Ted Heath's.

Indeed that's what probably gives away this fake.

Anyway a few notes for future "Ted Heath Death Fakers"

Reuters starts with a capital letter.

The EU was formed in 1992.

With is not spelt wit.

Married is not spelt marrierd.

DONT PUT RANDOM PHRASES IN CAPITALS!

Funnily enough Patrrick Moore very allegedly made a pass at a male friend of mine.

I was going through ceefax today and this was the discription for what happened on this day (27/07) 1965:

'1965: Shadow Chancellor Edward Heath beats off his rivals in the Conservative leadership contest.'

Are you sure he was a closet homosexual? ;)

I think the best quote in the last week was the journalist who interviewed Heath in, I think, The Spectator who concluded "Heath is definetly repressed ,but a repressed what I could not say"

Thatcher looked to be in rude good health at Heath's funeral yesterday. I think its also fair to assume that she got an energy boost (and possibly a pension boost) from Dennis' passing.

Heath dropping dead probably gave her a fillip too.

You can't libel the dead.

In otherwords, say whatever you want.

But if that opera singer is still alive, be careful naming him.

Or implicating P. Moore or J. Saville.

Funnily enough Patrrick Moore very allegedly made a pass at a male friend of mine.

I'll happily eat my words if I'm proved wrong. I still can't understand why nothing has ever appeared in the papers. It's all just hearsay and innuendo at the moment.

Do other Deathlisters think we should consider them to both be in "Schrödinger’s Closet" or are the allegations "Not proven" in the Scottish parlance?

I'll happily eat my words if I'm proved wrong. I still can't understand why nothing has ever appeared in the papers. It's all just hearsay and innuendo at the moment.

Do other Deathlisters think we should consider them to both be in "Schrödinger’s Closet" or are the allegations "Not proven" in the Scottish parlance?

I suspect that there are very few reasons to out Moore in the press. Think how seldom people have been outed while alive despite the best efforts of Thatchell and co.

Interesting too that Moore fits very closely with the media image of Heath- slightly grumpy, lives near the coast, loves music, good war record, very close to his mother, never married etc.

But please don't get me wrong I do not want to be one of those posters who appears obbsessed with the sexual proclivities of those on DL. I don't think it makes any actual difference. Only interesting from the point of view of these things only coming out after someone has died. The basic fact os that the man is definetly a great astronomer. Still lets hope he :pop: to bring up the numbers.

Guest McGov

Yeah, I remember him instructing the Parachut Regiment into Derry to kill 14 innocent citizens! Lucky he's dead or he'd be up in he Hague with Saddam :lol:

We all make mistakes. His posthoumos reputation will take a bit of a battering, especially since the 30 year rule is graudually bringing all the documents of his time in gvt into the public domain and historians are starting to look at them

. Still contend he will be missed though.

Re the gay thing: I thought some closet would have fallen open by now.

Are there any photographs of him and Patrick Moore together? If there are we could start a rumour if there aren't........maybe they are one and the same.

Give it a few weeks.........

And maybe then some more?

Seriously as it's going to be impossible to prove a negative, how about a six-month limit for Heath to be outed? After which we'll assume he was just asexual.

I'll take that bet provided we can make it a year from today.

Fair enough, a year it is then. Roll on 2 August 2006.

From last weeks Salisbury Journal:

...I brought him down to Salisbury that Wednesday, where he fell in love with Arundells [The name of the house]. The rest is history. Ted loved that house and garden. It gave him enormus pleasure. He made it his own.

Now it expresses so much of his personality, what he enjoyed in art and music and what it means to be English.

Friends and adversaries alike will find at Arundells the personal record of a great Englishmen, a great achiever in all he did, who loved his Queen and country and who found in Salisbury great solace in old age and an English city of which he was so proud.

From this I presume Arundells is to become a sort of "Presidential Library" dedicated to re-writing history and improving his reputation.

Plus we'll be able check inside his closet and look for any copies of Gay Times left down the side of the sofa.

For this Museum of Ted perhaps some artwork along the lines of this "Jesus Millhouse Nixon" classic will be commisoned.

nixonbig.jpg

I'm thinking of something like a smiling Sir Ted welcoming Sea Cadets to his yacht.

From last weeks Salisbury Journal:

...loved his Queen...

A bit of a giveaway there, I think.

For this Museum of Ted perhaps some artwork along the lines of this "Jesus Millhouse Nixon" classic will be commisoned.

I'm thinking of something like a smiling Sir Ted welcoming Sea Cadets to his yacht.

Bloody Nora! What is that monstrosity?

Bloody Nora! What is that monstrosity?

It's a picture of then vice-president Nixon, comforting hungarian refugees.

I personally think it's a kitsch classic.

Some more (garbled) info is here

It's a picture of then vice-president Nixon, comforting hungarian refugees.

I personally think it's a kitsch classic.

It's the "Moses looking at the promised land" nature of the picture that does it.

Fortunately, the painter gives us a hint of things to come. When you zoom in on the image you see this:

nixon8na.jpg

regards,

Hein

Frankly, I'm frustrated. It didn't bother me either way whether he was gay but if he's not outed by someone credible by the end of the month I stand to lose a fiver in a bet.

Found this oldarticle. May be of some interest to the sexuality debate if you apply a bit of spin to it.

In my opinion very liberal views for your average old man.

Guest Mr Heath's ex-lover

I can indeed confirm that this individual was homosexual. I was his lover.