sidburyman

Edward Heath

Oops,

I'm confusing myself... that's John Profumo. I blame a hectic schedule and low-grade narcotics

Blimey, that's never Jeremy Thorpe!

He looks bloody awful. Ought to be on next year's list for sure.

Compare him to this picture taken during the general election earlier this year I think:

_41098667_thorpe203.jpg

(It was googling Thorpe that alerted me to the exisetnce of Deathlist back then so I have a certain sentimental interest in seeing him back on the list.)

So, if you were only alerted to the exisetnce (sic) of Deathlist this year, how the hell did you manage to join last year?

Is there a fake nonspud lurking somewhere?

Or is the real one getting a bit confused - the poor love?

By "back then" I didn't mean "back then".

I meant "back then".

Either way let's get Profumo on next year's list.

By "back then" I didn't mean "back then".

I meant "back then".

Ah yes. Of course. How silly of me not to realise. I'll try not to let it happen again.

(Bows obsequiously to the great moderator notspud)

He looks bloody awful. Ought to be on next year's list for sure.

Compare him to this picture taken during the general election earlier this year I think:

Forgive the pedantry but was there ever a time when Jeremy Thorpe looked good?

I felt sorry for Scott's dog.

I felt sorry for Mrs Thorpe, the story was she didn't know which way to turn!

Well, it was funny in 1978.

As I predicted his home is to be converted into a sort of presidential library see here for more details.

Particuarly interesting is the fact that he left an estate of over £5M pounds.

Does this make him one of the richest Deathlist Graduates?

As I predicted his home is to be converted into a sort of presidential library see here for more details.

Particuarly interesting is the fact that he left an estate of over £5M pounds.

Does this make him one of the richest Deathlist Graduates?

Probably, at least until Brooke Astor graduates... I think that'll be a pretty tough one to top when it happens...

The Queen Mother was worth 53 million.

She 'graduated' in 2002.

She 'graduated' in 2002.

Pocket lint to Mrs. Astor, who's given almost four times that much to charity over the last 35 years...

Still, I'm really surprised that the QM was worth so much, which is probably reflective of my complete lack of knowledge of British monarchy and their relatives :(

She 'graduated' in 2002.

Pocket lint to Mrs. Astor, who's given almost four times that much to charity over the last 35 years...

Still, I'm really surprised that the QM was worth so much, which is probably reflective of my complete lack of knowledge of British monarchy and their relatives :(

Yes, I know Astor is worth Hundreds of Millions/Billions, I was commenting on our already dead folk.

The Queen claims to be have less than 100 million pounds but if the Queen Mother had half that, I think she may be lying.

I'll take that bet provided we can make it a year from today.

You've got just two months left, what do you think your chances are now?

......give it time. I will stand by my original assertion- as Gay as a window.

......give it time. I will stand by my original assertion- as Gay as a window.

That's not a phrase I'm familiar with. Now if you had said he's a Nine Bob Note, I would understand much better. Also bent as a bottle of crisps - but I don't think that one is in common usage either.

DWB :banghead:

I think I mentioned ages ago, I had a friend who'd once worked at Salisbury Cathedral where Ted kept an apartment and his comings and goings in the company of younger men were a fairly open secret, not that anyone has shared it since his death.

Maybe in the next couple of months someone searching through his papers will find the once famous musician wrote a symphony for players of the pink oboe!

I think I mentioned ages ago, I had a friend who'd once worked at Salisbury Cathedral where Ted kept an apartment and his comings and goings in the company of younger men were a fairly open secret, not that anyone has shared it since his death.

Maybe in the next couple of months someone searching through his papers will find the once famous musician wrote a symphony for players of the pink oboe!

Funny you should say that MPFC. He actually lived for a number of years with a young male opera singer- a friend of mine's brother.

I was chatting with on of Heath's former Special Branch detectives and he often said one of his duties was ensuring Ted's young male friends were sneaked in and sneaked out without anyone realising.

I was chatting with on of Heath's former Special Branch detectives and he often said one of his duties was ensuring Ted's young male friends were sneaked in and sneaked out without anyone realising.

So basically anyone could write an article about it, but no-one really cares.

Not entirely sure I agree with your analysis there Windsor.

I think it's more a case of many people saw circumstantial evidence but couldn't work it up into a definite sellable story, and the few people who know are either keeping mum or keeping in the closet, or too busy biting pillows to bother with......on second thoughts forget that last possibility.

The problem with stories about dead people is that you can write anything - as, of course, you can't libel the dead.

Which is why I can say that Diana liked fisting Pope John Paul II while being rimmed by Uday Hussein.

And as people know that you can't libel the dead, they don't take the stories seriously.

Hence nothing my has been written about what Field Marshal Montgomery got up to in private, or Lawrence of Arabia, for that matter.

I felt sorry for Scott's dog.

One detail that never came out about the dog Rinka in either of the trials is that the Devon police, keen to distance themselves from the alleged crime, had the dog's body shifted in to Cornwall so that it wouldn't be on their patch. I think I was mistaken in mentioning MS in a previous post. Thorpe, apparently has Parkinson's and he's in a bad way

On Ted Heath I think public interest in homosexuality among party leaders etc has dropped. It isn't as if Heath behaved like Liberace. As long as it it was among consenting adults I don't see much public interest. Now if Ted had been meddling with the choirboys or soliciting in the public lavs, that would have been different. But I suspect he was nothing more or less than what Quentin Crisp described as one of our "stately homos". All I care about is how he f**ked the country.