sidburyman

Edward Heath

One detail that never came out about the dog Rinka in either of the trials is that the Devon police, keen to distance themselves from the alleged crime, had the dog's body shifted in to Cornwall so that it wouldn't be on their patch. I think I was mistaken in mentioning MS in a previous post. Thorpe, apparently has Parkinson's and he's in a bad way

Now that is out of order, consenting adults can do what they want. But that dog did nowt to deserve death, let alone the abuse of his mortal remains.

The problem with stories about dead people is that you can write anything - as, of course, you can't libel the dead.

Interestingly, in my country you can libel (or slander) the dead.

regards,

Hein

One detail that never came out about the dog Rinka in either of the trials is that the Devon police, keen to distance themselves from the alleged crime, had the dog's body shifted in to Cornwall so that it wouldn't be on their patch. I think I was mistaken in mentioning MS in a previous post. Thorpe, apparently has Parkinson's and he's in a bad way

Now that is out of order, consenting adults can do what they want. But that dog did nowt to deserve death, let alone the abuse of his mortal remains.

Newton, the airline pilot/hired assassin was worried that the dog would go for him if he killed its master first, so he shot the dog (a sloppy Great Dane that might have licked him to death at best) then turned the gun on Scott, only it jammed, so he drove off.

On Ted Heath I think public interest in homosexuality among party leaders etc has dropped. It isn't as if Heath behaved like Liberace. As long as it it was among consenting adults I don't see much public interest. Now if Ted had been meddling with the choirboys or soliciting in the public lavs, that would have been different. But I suspect he was nothing more or less than what Quentin Crisp described as one of our "stately homos". All I care about is how he f**ked the country.

I agree. It doesn't matter per se. But being a closet dweller for years on end could have effected the Grocer's severely grumpy personality, and in turn have put him in state more likely to F**k the country. That is the only point of real interest. Bit like Major's affair with Currie.

I think Major's affair with Currie was a matter of much greater public interest than any of the Grocer's clandestine fumblings if indeed they occurred. But only for the prurience factor rather than relevance to the job. Currie's kiss-and-tell revelations about ripping his shirt from his Y-fronts, exposing the Damart vest while she wore nothing but a pout and a pair of Ted Dexter cricket pads would have made a rivetting read in the News of the Screws. Or possibly not.

......give it time. I will stand by my original assertion- as Gay as a window.
That's not a phrase I'm familiar with. Now if you had said he's a Nine Bob Note, I would understand much better. Also bent as a bottle of crisps - but I don't think that one is in common usage either.

DWB :rolleyes:

Comes from the splendid 'Brasseye' Sex episode, where it was also suggested that homosexuals in the Armed Forces would be a bad idea due to the following logic: -

'Homosexuals can't swim, they attract enemy radar, they attract sharks, they nudge people when they're trying to shoot, they always insist on sitting at "The Captain's Table"... they "muck about". Imagine... the fear... when you go to sleep with a gay man on board and think "Oh God, when I wake up, will everyone be dead?" You can't run a ship like that.'

Hope that helps, but basically it was just an excuse to post the above quote. :skill2:

That's not a phrase I'm familiar with. Now if you had said he's a Nine Bob Note, I would understand much better. Also bent as a bottle of crisps - but I don't think that one is in common usage either.

DWB :D

Comes from the splendid 'Brasseye' Sex episode, where it was also suggested that homosexuals in the Armed Forces would be a bad idea due to the following logic: -

'Homosexuals can't swim, they attract enemy radar, they attract sharks, they nudge people when they're trying to shoot, they always insist on sitting at "The Captain's Table"... they "muck about". Imagine... the fear... when you go to sleep with a gay man on board and think "Oh God, when I wake up, will everyone be dead?" You can't run a ship like that.'

Hope that helps, but basically it was just an excuse to post the above quote. :)

Brass Eye is amazing.

Good Aids/Bad Aids, Cake, and the Elephant who stuck its trunk up its own arse.

The episode on paedophiles is probably me favourite with the paedophile disguised as a school. :D

DWB :D

Hope that helps, but basically it was just an excuse to post the above quote. :D

I knew I had picked it up form somewhere. Isn't from the bit about the gay ship?

I'll take that bet provided we can make it a year from today.

Fair enough, a year it is then. Roll on 2 August 2006.

I WIN!

Remind us, was that a bet about Heath being outed in death?

Lady Hutchinson, died recently. She and Ted acted as cover for each other.

Her friendship with Heath lasted for a decade. It became known to the general public, and to some extent provided cover for her more secret relationship with Hutchinson. June was quoted as saying that Heath was "a wonderful politician, and would make a great leader". The press noticed that they were "near" each other on skiing holidays in Switzerland; when there were rumours of marriage she remarked: "It is much harder at 45 than at 25. One sees so many failures, don't you think?"

in 1971, after he became Prime Minister, he invited the Hutchinsons to Chequers and showed them his bedroom, telling them that it was not normally the Prime Minister's bedroom, as nothing would induce him to sleep in a room previously occupied by Wilson.

Am I reading too much into it or is that another bit of in the closetry?

Yes, within 12 months. Disappointingly the expected fame and fortune/bragging rights for winning this bet have failed to materialise.

It wasn’t a great surprise that he wasn’t outed. I found it somewhat suspicious that on a Website with Deathlist’s small membership, there was not one, but actually two people who professed to have ‘inside knowledge’.

I suspect something more along the following lines;

During the day you work in a menial job at HMV, but at night when you get home, your suddenly a superstar on the Internet - amazing all with your made up bullshit.

Yes, within 12 months. Disappointingly the expected fame and fortune/bragging rights for winning this bet have failed to materialise.

It wasn’t a great surprise that he wasn’t outed. I found it somewhat suspicious that on a Website with Deathlist’s small membership, there was not one, but actually two people who professed to have ‘inside knowledge’.

During the day you work in a menial job at HMV, but at night when you get home, your suddenly a superstar on the Internet - amazing all with your made up bullshit.

To be honest, Heath has been outed to me in private but the person involved, a former Special Branch chap, doesn't want to go public.

Sure, there are out there who know for a fact, but it seems that because Ted was such a genial man, they feel bad about tarnishing his already poor reputation.

To be honest, Heath has been outed to me in private but the person involved, a former Special Branch chap, doesn't want to go public.

Sure, there are out there who know for a fact, but it seems that because Ted was such a genial man, they feel bad about tarnishing his already poor reputation.

I was talking to an editor at sky news the other day about the lack of a posthunous outing for Heath. He said that Heath was "to weird even to be gay" (his wording not mine).

He also said that if I were to put him in touch with someone wh knew his ex it would be too dull a story. "Why wold anyone be interested in Heath".

If people are interested in some of the nonentities we discuss Heath is definitely of interest. If only on t'internet (as we call it oop north). It surprises me that he hasn't even been outed on line.

If people are interested in some of the nonentities we discuss Heath is definitely of interest. If only on t'internet (as we call it oop north). It surprises me that he hasn't even been outed on line.

Would we count the disscussions in this thread as an online outing?

Would we count the disscussions in this thread as an online outing?

does anyone care ??????????

No we wouldn't he's outed when - and only when - someone goes public and says; 'I saw him spend a night in a man, and we ain't talking about that city in Jordan!'

Personally, I think he may avoid this on the basis of the quote above that suggests he was so weird conventional sexuality didn't come into it.

Maybe, just maybe, Ted Heath never fancied getting married. There was once such a creature as a batchelor and being a confirmed batchelor didn't mean you had to be gay.

I once saw him conducting an orchestra in Salisbury Cathedral. Magnificent setting, great performance. That's how I shall remember him.

Maybe nowt, he WAS gay, certainly by inclination and did keep a flat in the grounds of Salisbury Cathedral where his dalliances with at least one regular boyfriend were an open secret to a few. Having said that, the general consensus when he died was that more would emerge but it seems - now - highly likely that confidentiality he managed to maintain kept a lid on any real evidence and nobody wants to publish hearsay, or summat.

Said boyfriend is - apparantly - still alive. Can't say I know who he is, but this is probably the person one or two newspaper editors refer to.

Maybe, just maybe, Ted Heath never fancied getting married. There was once such a creature as a batchelor and being a confirmed batchelor didn't mean you had to be gay.

I once saw him conducting an orchestra in Salisbury Cathedral. Magnificent setting, great performance. That's how I shall remember him.

Exactly! A 'gay' is someone who lives a homo lifestyle and these people often flaunt their immorality (they take great pride in being perverts). Homosexuality is a behavior. :rip:

Exactly! A 'gay' is someone who lives a homo lifestyle and these people often flaunt their immorality (they take great pride in being perverts). Homosexuality is a behavior. :rip:

A big "so what?" Xenon you have introduced a distasteful degree of intollerence on to this site. No wonder people are asking now if we're anti-semitic. Were you born this way or was it something that happened at school? Not that I really care.

It must be a slow day for those who are discussing Ted Heath's alleged sexuality.

You bitch!