sidburyman

Edward Heath

If I'm not mistaken Xenon II also claimed that all gays are paedophiles or that all paedophiles are gay.

He sees them as being in the same mindset. He is probably a Catholic. :rip:

so I guess we should be referring to him as Ted "Hampstead" Heath from now on. Seems British politics is a bit more progressive than it first appears. One of the world's first female Prime Ministers, and before her one who was gay. Bravo.

New topic: Is John Major really black?

Might have made a difference to Edwina Currie.

You know what they say. :D

Maybe, just maybe, Ted Heath never fancied getting married. There was once such a creature as a batchelor and being a confirmed batchelor didn't mean you had to be gay.

I once saw him conducting an orchestra in Salisbury Cathedral. Magnificent setting, great performance. That's how I shall remember him.

Exactly! A 'gay' is someone who lives a homo lifestyle and these people often flaunt their immorality (they take great pride in being perverts). Homosexuality is a behavior. :D

A big "so what?" Xenon you have introduced a distasteful degree of intollerence on to this site. No wonder people are asking now if we're anti-semitic. Were you born this way or was it something that happened at school? Not that I really care.

There is something quite fascinating about the phrasing and punctuation in that post though. A " 'gay' " for example and the unqualified assertion that gay people are perverts.

At the moment this is the best bet for the big post-death outing. But dig the back-peddling in the last three paragraphs.

At the moment this is the best bet for the big post-death outing. But dig the back-peddling in the last three paragraphs.

Love this quote: "There were times when I thought he was going to allow a little of his hemline to slip, but it never really did."

It's less back peddling and more of an attempt to do what a real journalist would do, padding out what is a single-source story (the gay couple being more one rather than two sources).

Again lots of blokes like to look through fabric books. I do but I'm not gay. One thing about gays like those on Pinknews is that they want everyone else to be gay. Just as many straights want everyone else to be straight.

Ted Heath is dead. He's passed on. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. His metabolic processes are now history. He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile. This is an ex-PM. He can't earn points.

Ted Heath is dead. He's passed on. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. His metabolic processes are now history. He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile. This is an ex-PM.

Can't dispute that

Just found an interview with Norman Tebbit from a few years back, when he was moaning about the number of closet homosexuals in the Tory shadow cabinet.

He said....

"'For example, there's Ted Heath. He was celebate. But Ted wasn't a raving queer'."

Now I would have thought Norman would have a) known the truth and :D not lied about it. But then again, the interview was from when Teddy was still alive and in the HoC.

I have a vague memory of Tebbit's moan. I think he was making a good point as far as he saw it and not the kind of point he'd usually stretch to. Wasn't his comment prompted by a few events like Harvey Proctor being accosted in his shirt shop and Steven Millican forgetting the quality control on his autoerotic experiments? I think the Chingford Skinhead's point was that Ted - whilst certainly gay - tended to keep the policies in the public eye and the marmite drilling in the bedroom, a lesson Norm thought some of his parliamentary colleagues could usefully learn.

Conclusive evidence from the Public Records Office, just released under the thirty year rule: a still from Ted Heath's unsuccessful audition for Star Wars

Conclusive evidence from the Public Records Office, just released under the thirty year rule: a still from Ted Heath's unsuccessful audition for Star Wars

:P

But seriously, I worked for EH for two years, and I never heard any gossip about him or detected any symptoms of latent homosexuality. I would say, rather, that he never managed to establish a genuinely close relationship with anyone, male or female. Hence, unsurprisingly, he was lonely.

"'For example, there's Ted Heath. He was celebate. But Ted wasn't a raving queer'.

There is a difference between merely being gay and being a "raving queer" though. While it seems Heath did bowl from the Pavillion End, perhaps he wasn't that good with colours... :P

:huh:

But seriously, I worked for EH for two years, and I never heard any gossip about him or detected any symptoms of latent homosexuality. I would say, rather, that he never managed to establish a genuinely close relationship with anyone, male or female. Hence, unsurprisingly, he was lonely.

You worked for him all that time and never thought to direct him here. A few minutes on the Thatcher thread, speculating on her death, and he'd be over his lonliness.

Guest Guest

:skill2:

You worked for him all that time and never thought to direct him here. A few minutes on the Thatcher thread, speculating on her death, and he'd be over his lonliness.

Drat. An opportunity missed -_-

Wasn't it illegal back in the 1950s? If he was politically ambitious, that would have been a really stupid thing to be doing. But he isn't around to defend himself, and sex-based allegations will always sell newspapers.

Of course the 'gay or not' debate rages on with regard to one popular beknighted icon who can defend himself.

Guest Mr Jumblie

I am going on a round the world trip starting tomorrow, I intend to max out my credit cards, f**k as many women and do as much drugs as possible and then blow my brains out.

Goodbye. :P

I am going on a round the world trip starting tomorrow, I intend to max out my credit cards, f**k as many women and do as much drugs as possible and then blow my brains out.

Goodbye. :P

Can you make yourself really famous and get a uk obit? Also, can you try refrain from blowing your brains out till '08?

The reissue of a book dealing with a conspiracy theory on Heath has reignited a debate on his sexuality. Today on Radio Four this morning included an interview with a former Czech secret agent who was clear that his country didn't try to trap Heath. The way it's told now the whole story revolves around a right wing plot from this country to stop Heath becoming Conservative leader (because he was pro-Europe and fairly moderate by Conservative standards), said plot included smearing him as gay.

The revival of the whole story has been largely ignored outside Radio Four and the more demanding end of the press.

Wait, so Ted Heath didn't suck off Wilfrid Brambell in a north London toilet? That's ruined this country forever.

Edward Heath under posthumous investigation... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-33755726http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11780308/Sir-Edward-Heath-child-sex-abuse-claim-Wiltshire-Police-faces-investigation.html

The English Establishment really is rotten all the way to the top, it would seem...

Now I'm beginning to understand why politics has sometimes been called "showbusiness for ugly people"!

Heath was always known for yachts and young boys in trunks.

Not exactly "news".

Heath was always known for yachts and young boys in trunks.

Not exactly "news".

Young boys in trunks? I feel sorry for the elephants.

I just realized we actually have a dedicated topic for the alleged paedo PM, so we had better discuss him here instead.

Yet another case of a dead politician being thrown to the dogs whilst living ones carry on with no remorse.

• Like 2