Deadornot

how did you come here

How did you first find out about deathlist.net?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I saw a picture of Pete Doherty on the front page of the paper and didn't know who the hell he was. A couple of minutes later I was laughing myself silly at his thread here.

Nice poll :huh:

Working at a company that was going to the wall very quickly, so gallows humour became the norm with Deathlist offering copious sweepstake capabilities to lighten the mood....

This was back in the mists of 2001 and unlike most of the candidates and my old employer I'm still here!

I was directed via a colleague at work many years ago after a notable death (can't remember who's it was :huh: ) and began checking the list after hearing of famous people who kicked the bucket.......

I remember the good old days when they didn't have forums and their own URL and was(?) hosted at Daemon Internet.

:rip:

PS Cool Avitar deadornot

I first came upon this list somewhere back in 2003. I was looking up

bio's on Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagon when i noticed www.deathlist.net.

It was around the summer months somewhere. I remember the 100 year

old Bob Hope's death and also Kathrine Hepburne's. "was a clean out year"

While looking for new names to add to the dead pool I run at my work!

Rather strangely, looking for information on Kenneth Kendall brought me to these shores (and I've never looked back!). That was a fair while ago too.......

Guest lived so lets die

I came here by accident about a year ago now, but then forgot the name of the site. So the next time i found the site i sent off for a t shirt, and a mouse mat not expecting them to arrive. I was amazed when they did and thought i want to be involved, it looks good fun :) so i kept coming here and then found out how to get involved :D

Someone sent me this! :D

How could I resist?

I came across the site twice.

The first time when Queen Juliana died and the second when Angus Ogilvy died. After Ogilvy I followed deathlists progress.

It was Wednesday. I was coming home from the theater (theatre for the British crowd) when I heard a strange ping ping ping sound coming from the engine of my car. Naturally this caused me great consternation of almost enough energy to supply energy to fuel an entire energy hungry conselllation (or at least a lunar module of disproportionate size and disparity). I pulled to the side of the trophy road and exited my vehicle cursing my blasted luck and the fact that I had been without any sexual escapades for nearly a decade. Then I flagged down a police car driving by and a big nippled sherrif grabbed me by the lapels of my genuine Boris Badenoff jacket and said 'Why'd ya do it?' I had no answer and tried desperately to control my deep animalistic urges as he slapped me and then fastened the handcuffs on my well polished wrists (I use MinWax).

Later that evening after having eaten a tasty meal prepared by Aunt Bea at the Mayberry jail and being forced to vacate for the night crowd, I scurried home and flipped the switch on to engage my computer. I wondered how Uncle Wilfie was doing and if he'd been up to any new antics lately (Uncle Wilfie loves taunting little old blue haired ladies down at the Senor Wences Senior Center). I went to Google Ghouls and entered his name...Wilford Brimley... and Deathlist appeared. Needless to say my curiosity got the better of me and I pressed the linkage key and soon I was here.

So that my darling Clementine is how I found this site.

I was looking up Dad's Army info and was intrigued to discover Clive Dunn discribed as a 'deathlist favourite'. Lurked for about 6 months (which is what I do best) before finally joining last year after reading the brilliant 'world's strongest man' thread.

Guest Guest_guest

I can't remember.

But i am a regular visitor since the end of 2003.

While looking for new names to add to the dead pool I run at my work!

Wish we had a dead pool where I work .... in fact I'd like to put some of my colleagues on the list.

I was going to post this morning and mention the name of the person who I was Googling when I first stumbled across the splendid thing that is Deathlist.net, only I completely forgot his name. I knew he had an uncommon first name, and that he was a 90+ year old journalist/ author, who one of my colleagues had mentioned one day at work last year (and who I had never heard of, hence the Googling). I tried searching through the Deathlist archive this morning, and other internet searches (difficult when you don't know the name of the person you're searching for!) to no avail, so I abandoned the post. Then I revisit the Deathlist just now, and the Chapman Pincher (for it is he) thread is near the top of the leaderboard. Uncanny.

Hey ho, like anyone cares...

Wish we had a dead pool where I work

Its easy if you have enough people in your workplace, around 20 would be a good start

in fact I'd like to put some of my colleagues on the list.

I know what you mean :angry:

Discovered it via DDP, which I discovered by having a livejournal and playing in dead pools there.

Discovered it via DDP, which I discovered by having a livejournal and playing in dead pools there.

Sounds frightfully morbid.

Albeit quite a bit of fun but morbid just the same.

That's me, morbid but fun.

I found out about deathlist.net when I discovered that deathlist.com has already been taken :angry: Still, Im sure we've ended up with more vistors over the years than deathlist.com so all's well that ends well :(

Good effort from Our Sole for remembering the original site before it had its own domain :o

I came across DL when I searched for info on Harry Morgan (Colonel Potter in M*A*S*H) having had an argument with my husband about whether he was alive or not (I was right, as always (I wish!!)) and again for reasons I can't remember when Fay Wray died, been hooked ever since.

I'm fairly sure that I read about deathlist in the Guardian. It was something like 'Why I love... deathlist.net' but I can't find any trace of it now. Does anyone remember this being published?

I came across DL when I searched for info on Harry Morgan (Colonel Potter in M*A*S*H) having had an argument with my husband about whether he was alive or not (I was right, as always (I wish!!)) and again for reasons I can't remember when Fay Wray died, been hooked ever since.

Fay Wray took her last breath back in August of 2004.

She was the DL's 8th death of the year. :lol: