Sign in to follow this  
Windsor

Which candadates will SURVIVE the year

Which Deathlist candadates do you think will definately see it to 2006?

Fidel Castro, Hamed Karzi and Elizabeth Taylor are my guesses.

Fidel Castro, Hamed Karzi and Elizabeth Taylor are my guesses.

I'll agree all 3 will most likely survive.

I will make a couple risky guesses and say..

Gerald Ford,Les Paul,Olivia De Havilland

All see 2006.

Diego Maradona - he's lost loads of weight & looks much better now.

Statistically we'd have to guess about 38 of them will survive but the compilers are gradually sharpening their act. No one as young and healthy as Peter Shilton this year!

If I were betting on one cert I'd have money on Les Paul. He's still gigging and recording.

Statistically we'd have to guess about 38 of them will survive but the compilers are gradually sharpening their act. No one as young and healthy as Peter Shilton this year!

If I were betting on one cert I'd have money on Les Paul. He's still gigging and recording.

Is he the guy from Crème Brûlée? Last I saw they had split up.

Castro, Liz Taylor and Solzhenitsyn

ronnie biggs

I certainly hope not - he's our joker in the Derby Dead Pool!! :angry:

he just seams as if he will slip through the net.

he just seams as if he will slip through the net.

Oh no!

They can't have him sewing mail bags in his hospital bed!

Whatever hapened to prison reform????

:angry::(:o

Guest Guest

Norman Wisdom will make it to 2006 ,but late word on the grapevine is that Gerald Ford may have suffered a significant downturn in his health in the last few days due to the hot weather.I cant preeict his death is imminent,but i think its worth watching this space just in case...

but i think its worth watching this space just in case...

Oh no you don't ... I'm not falling for that one again! :angry:

Guest DeathLister

It doesn't take much of a genius to realize that, unless a freak accident occurs, Elizabeth Taylor will live to see 2006. I also believe that Gerald Ford will live through most, if not all, of 2006, and begin to sharply decline in early 2007, with the former's president's death arriving by mid-2008, when he'll be pushing 95. However, anything can happen once you've hit 90, so I'd advise Death List to leave Gerald Ford's name on here until the day he passes away. I believe former first lady Betty Ford will not only survive 2005, but she'll live through this decade to see 2010, the year of her 92nd birthday.

In the meantime, 2006 will indeed be here sooner than some may think, and Death List suggestions for that year have been rampant even in the minutes following the posting of the 2005 list. Here are a few musts, many of whom have appeared in posting by other DeathList forum posters:

-Ruby Muhammad, widow of Nation of Islam founder Elijah Mohammed, born 1897

-Lady Bird Johnson, U.S. First Lady 1963-1969, born 1912

-W. Mark Felt, famous for being the "Deep Throat" source of Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, born 1913

-David Rockefeller, U.S. philanthropist and businessman, born 1915

-Robert S. McNamara, U.S. Secretary of Defense under Presidents Kennedy and Johnson, born 1916

-Claiborne Pell, U.S. Senator, D-RI, established Pell Grants, born 1918

-Rev. Billy Graham, U.S. evangelist, born 1918

-Helen Thomas, Famed Washington journalist, born 1920

-Irving Kristol, Father of the Neoconservative movement, born 1920

-Henry Kissinger, U.S. National Security Advisor and Secretary of State under Nixon, born 1923

-Gore Vidal, American intellectual, born 1925

-Richard B. Cheney, Vice President of U.S., born 1941

-Any prominent Middle East politician

Walter Cronkite, Frankie Laine, Elizabeth Taylor, maybe that James Doohan guy...oh wait he's gone isn't he?

I believe Walter Cronkite will make it to 2006 and celebrate his 90th birthday. His recent appearance on Larry King Live showed him to be in good form and if the rumors about his personal life are true, he's probably got a good chance of living well into his nineties.

Pretty much all the rest really. According to The Observer, JK Galbraith seems in good enough form at 97. At the most a couple on the list may go before New Years Eve, but don't ask me who...

As for next year, Pinter, Ross Davidson, Scott Hamilton, Ricardo Montalban, John Spencer, Joe Longthorne and Gough Whitlam have to be considered...

Pretty much all the rest really. According to The Observer, JK Galbraith seems in good enough form at 97. At the most a couple on the list may go before New Years Eve, but don't ask me who...

:) I don't know about that. He didn't want a full course interview for

his birthday and they said the effects of age are catching on.

Still in fighting form. What they would normally say in a

birthday celebration.

Still in fighting form. What they would normally say in a

birthday celebration.

Good point. They were hardly going to say 'he's at deaths door you know!'.

Mind you the Independent came pretty close in the Pinter article.

He should just last the year mind...I think...

-Ruby Muhammad, widow of Nation of Islam founder Elijah Mohammed, born 1897

-Lady Bird Johnson, U.S. First Lady 1963-1969, born 1912

-W. Mark Felt, famous for being the "Deep Throat" source of Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, born 1913

-David Rockefeller, U.S. philanthropist and businessman, born 1915

-Robert S. McNamara, U.S. Secretary of Defense under Presidents Kennedy and Johnson, born 1916

-Claiborne Pell, U.S. Senator, D-RI, established Pell Grants, born 1918

-Rev. Billy Graham, U.S. evangelist, born 1918

-Helen Thomas, Famed Washington journalist, born 1920

-Irving Kristol, Father of the Neoconservative movement, born 1920

-Henry Kissinger, U.S. National Security Advisor and Secretary of State under Nixon, born 1923

-Gore Vidal, American intellectual, born 1925

-Richard B. Cheney, Vice President of U.S., born 1941

-Any prominent Middle East politician

Apart from the rather vague description 'Any prominent Middle East politician', your list seems to exclude anyone not american. I can't recall having heard of anyone named 'Irving Kristol' before (but him being the founding father of the neocons, he obviously deserves to die soon). Claiborne Pell is even more obscure, though his Wiki-description is pretty extensive, and his involvement in the gay-rights-movement is highly laudable.

And please don't mention Ruby Muhammad! The last time I did, all mods were snubbing me for days...

Walter Cronkite, Frankie Laine, Elizabeth Taylor, maybe that James Doohan guy...oh wait he's gone isn't he?

James Doohan was our 8th deathlist.net graduate from this years "Class of 2005".

Guest Ida

:blink: raider+Oct 11 2005, 10:13 PM-->

QUOTE(Tom(:D raider @ Oct 11 2005, 10:13 PM)
And please don't mention Ruby Muhammad! The last time I did, all mods were snubbing me for days...

If you can include Sister Lucia, an only slightly famous nun, then surely there's no harm in including a famous "Mother Of Islam." She's certainly more promient and well known in her own church than Sister Lucia was in hers. I admit I've never heard of her but wikipedia decribes her as having an "international following of admiration", which is more than most canditadtes can say.

:blink: raider+Oct 11 2005, 10:13 PM-->
QUOTE(Tom(:D raider @ Oct 11 2005, 10:13 PM)

If you can include Sister Lucia, an only slightly famous nun, then surely there's no harm in including a famous "Mother Of Islam." She's certainly more promient and well known in her own church than Sister Lucia was in hers. I admit I've never heard of her but wikipedia decribes her as having an "international following of admiration", which is more than most canditadtes can say.

And should she appear on the list, she would have an 'international following of expectation' ;)