Lady Die

Crew Of USS Enterprise

15 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

So out of the remaining TOS main cast, what will the order of death be? I'd go:

Nichols - Has dementia and apparently on her last legs

Shatner - Looks great for his age but that beer belly has to catch up with him sooner rather than later

Koenig - Don't know anything about his health but looked decent in a recent photo, plus outlived his 53 years younger replacement.......

Takei - Youngest of the lot with no reported health concerns

Pretty much agree but might swap Koenig and Shatner. Koenig has a history of heart problems. 

Nichelle Nichols has announced a farewell tour of the convention circuit. Do we think that she should be under consideration for 2020?

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Nichelle Nichols has announced a farewell tour of the convention circuit. Do we think that she should be under consideration for 2020?

‘WE’ - you got a mouse in your pocket?

She won’t see 2020.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

‘WE’ - you got a mouse in your pocket?

She won’t see 2020.

So by 8.19pm tonight (u.k time she's gone?)

• Haha 1

Accomplished Canadian playwright and stage performer Barbara March has died according to her husband:

However she will remain best known for her performances as Lursa the Klingon in The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and the movie Generations.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0545277/

Just now, alt obits guy said:

Rene Auberjonois, who played Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and also had a co-starring role in Benson, among many other credits, has died.  He was 79.

https://www.pix11.com/news/national-news/benson-star-trek-actor-rene-auberjonois-has-died-at-79

Aww, sad. I always liked Odo. But then I guess, that was the point of his character, the Spock/Data for DS9.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Aww, sad. I always liked Odo. But then I guess, that was the point of his character, the Spock/Data for DS9.

wow, within one week 3 members of the Star-trek Crew died (DC Fontana, Rene Auberjonois, Robert Walker)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Rene Auberjonois, who played Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and also had a co-starring role in Benson, among many other credits, has died.  He was 79.

https://www.pix11.com/news/national-news/benson-star-trek-actor-rene-auberjonois-has-died-at-79

That's the main cast of Benson pretty much gone now then. Sad news. 

2 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

I knew him best as Chef Louis from Disney's 'The Little Mermaid' and his performance of 'Les Poissons'. He shall be missed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq-UaXQ1c1M

• Like 3

More sad Star Trek news.  Michael Lamper, who appeared in the Star Trek: The Next Generation season 3 episode 'The Vengeance Factor' but who was better known as the real life husband of show co-star Marina Sirtis aka Deanna Troi, has died.  He was 61.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/12/09/star-trek-the-next-generation-michael-lamper-star-marina-sirtis-husband-dead-61/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Don't know if it's been posted anywhere else, but Matina Sirtis (Councelor Troi) tweeted her husband died in his sleep last night.

"I’m going to be gone for a while. My beloved husband passed away peacefully in his sleep last night"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alt obits guy said:

More sad Star Trek news.  Michael Lamper, who appeared in the Star Trek: The Next Generation season 3 episode 'The Vengeance Factor' but who was better known as the real life husband of show co-star Marina Sirtis aka Deanna Troi, has died.  He was 61.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/12/09/star-trek-the-next-generation-michael-lamper-star-marina-sirtis-husband-dead-61/

Just now, Paul Bearer said:

Don't know if it's been posted anywhere else, but Marina Sirtis (Councelor Troi) tweeted her husband died in his sleep last night.

"I’m going to be gone for a while. My beloved husband passed away peacefully in his sleep last night"

Beat me by seconds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

That's a lot lately!

Troi-less and Distressida.

(Little Shakespeare/History pun combined with sci-fi there. Ha!)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Don't know if it's been posted anywhere else, but Matina Sirtis (Councelor Troi) tweeted her husband died in his sleep last night.

Graeme Souness will be happy.  Allegedly.

Gene Dynarski, who appeared in both Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation, has died.  He was 86. Dynarski was a character actor with a 40 year career, whose many other credits included a pair of Seinfeld episodes.  In Star Trek, he played Ben in Mudd's Women and Krodak in the Mark of Gideon. In ST: TNG he played Commander Orfil Quinteros in 11001001.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8255159/Seinfeld-actor-Gene-Dynarski-dies-aged-86-Los-Angeles-rehabilitation-centre.html

Posted this in the Yanks Science Fiction thread, not realising there was a Star Trek thread, despite searching. :rolleyes: @time steered me right, so I'll re-post here:

Following on from the death of John Winston announced last month (seemingly only posted elsewhere on here), I thought I'd take a look at how Star Trek's doing. Obviously quite a few of the notables have passed away (Roddenberry, Majel Barrett, Nimoy, Kelley, Doohan, Whitney, Lenard), but a few are still with us, plus a whole host of bit-part players and guest performers. I've done research into all three seasons of The Original Series and may do more of the series and films (although I had a look at The Motion Picture and after the principals there's shedloads of extras and single scene actors so it may be tricky to work out who's worth doing). Here's an (I hope) exhaustive list of everyone still with us from Season 1 of The Original Series, organised by age with those I have little to no idea of at the bottom. I'll add Seasons 2 and 3 when I get a chance. I've included some notes, where relevant and apologies for any inconsistencies, it was quite hard work!

William Shatner (Captain James T. Kirk) – 22/3/31 (89)

Nichelle Nicholls (Lieutenant Uhura) – 28/12/32 (87)

George Takei (Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu) – 20/4/37 (83)

Walter Koenig (Ensign Pavel Chekov) – 14/9/36 (83)

Marc Adams (Hamlet in The Conscience of the King) – 9/10/25 (94) Memory Alpha (Star Trek wiki) suggests he’s still alive but last reference to him is from 2005

Robert Brown (Lazarus in The Alternative Factor) – 17/11/26 (93)

Tom Troupe (Lieutenant Harold in Arena) – 15/7/28 (91)

William Sargent (Dr Thomas Leighton in The Conscience of the King) – 28/11/30 (89) Currently resides in Salt Lake City according to Memory Alpha

John Gabriel (Crewman in The Corbomite Maneuver) – 25/5/31 (89)

Christopher Held (Sociologist Lindstrom in The Return of the Archons) – 19/9/31 (88) Appears to also go by the name Carl Held

Emily Banks (Yeoman Tonia Barrows in Shore Leave) – 23/1/33 (87)

Robert Sampson (Sar 6 in A Taste of Armageddon) – 10/5/33 (87)

Michael Barrier (Lieutenant DeSalle in The Squire of Gothos, This Side of Paradise and Catspaw) – 8/7/33 (87) Brief acting career, later entered the legal profession, becoming a legal officer for the US Coast Guard in Long Beach, CA, as of 2007 was a substitute teacher in southern Washington according to Memory Alpha

William Knight (Amorous Crewman in The Naked Time) – 6/12/33 (87)

Shirley Boone (Ruth in Shore Leave) – 22/5/34 (86)

Ralph Maurer (Bilar in The Return of the Archons, S.S. Lieutenant in Patterns of Force) – 20/10/33 (86)

Joan Swift (Aurelan Kirk in Operation: Annihilate!) – 11/5/33 (87)

Joan Collins (Sister Edith Keeler in City on the Edge of Forever) – 23/5/33 (87)

Ena Hartman (Crew Woman No. 2 in The Corbomite Maneuver) – 1/4/35 (85)

Bruce Mars (Crewman No. 1 in The Corbomite Maneuver, Finnegan in Shore Leave and First Policeman in Assignment: Earth) – 23/10/35 (84) Now known as Brother Paramananda, a monk of the Self-Realization Fellowship

Gary Combs (Gorn in Arena, Klingon Guard in Errand of Mercy) – 13/12/35 (84)

Budd Albright (Security Guard Rayburn in What Are Little Girls Made Of?) – 18/8/36 (83)

Bobby Clark (Gorn in Arena, Chekov’s Henchman #2 in Mirror, Mirror and Native in The Apple) – 12/2/37 (83)

Gary Lockwood (Lieutenant Commander Gary Mitchell in Where No Man Has Gone Before) – 21/2/37 (83)

Barbara Babcock (Mea 3 in A Taste of Armageddon, Beta 5 Computer Voice in Assignment: Earth, Voice of Loskene in The Tholian Web and Philana in Plato’s Stepchildren) – 27/2/37 (83)

Sally Kellerman (Dr. Elizabeth Dehner in Where No Man Has Gone Before) – 2/6/37 (83)

Larry Anthony (Mr Berkley in Dagger of the Mind) – 11/11/37 (82) Abandoned acting and became a ballistics expert, working in the Philadelphia police department

Barbara Baldavin (Lieutenant Angela Martine in Balance of Terror and Shore Leave and Communications Officer Lisa in Turnabout Intruder) – 18/10/38 (81)

Stephen Mines (Lieutenant Robert Tomlinson in Balance of Terror) – 3/2/39 (81)

David L. Ross (Guard in The Return of the Archons and The Trouble with Tribbles and Lieutenant Galloway in A Taste of Armageddon, City on the Edge of Forever, The Omega Glory and Turnabout Intruder and Lieutenant Johnson in Day of the Dove) – 24/4/39 (81)

Miko Mayama (Yeoman Tamura in A Taste of Armageddon) – 15/8/39 (80)

Eddie Paskey (Lieutenant Leslie in 32 episodes, Connors in The Enemy Within, Crewman in This Side of Paradise, Trooper in Patterns of Force) – 20/8/39 (80)

Dick Scotter (Lieutenant Painter in This Side of Paradise) – 22/1/40 (80)

Gloria Calomee (Crew Woman in The Corbomite Maneuver) – 5/9/40 (79)

Andrea Dromm (Yeoman Smith in Where No Man Has Gone Before) – 18/2/41 (79)

Mittie Lawrence (Crew Woman in The Corbomite Maneuver) – 1/9/41 (78)

Sean Morgan (Crewman in The Corbomite Maneuver, Ensign Harper in The Ultimate Computer, Lieutenant O’Neil in The Tholian Web) – 1941 (79) according to Memory Alpha

Marianna Hill (Lieutenant Helen Noel in Dagger of the Mind) – 9/2/42 (78)

Sherry Jackson (Andrea in What Are Little Girls Made Of?) – 15/2/42 (78)

Laurel Goodwin (Yeoman J.M. Colt in The Cage and The Menagerie) – 11/8/42 (78) – only known survivor of the original pilot

Sean Kenney (Fleet Captain Pike in The Menagerie, Lieutenant DePaul in Arena and A Taste of Armageddon) – 13/3/44 (76)

Susan Denberg (Magda Kovacs in Mudd’s Women) – 2/8/44 (76)

Patricia McNulty (Yeoman Tina Lawton in Charlie X) – 13/8/45 (75)

Barbara Anderson (Lenore Karidian in The Conscience of the King) – 27/11/45 (74)

Kim Darby (Miri in Miri) – 8/7/47 (73) Better known as Mattie Ross, the girl in the original True Grit

Maggie Thrett (Ruth Bonaventure in Mudd’s Women) – 18/11/46 (73)

Susanne Wasson (Lethe in Dagger of the Mind – 19/9/?? (DOB from Memory Alpha, no year given, reports on the death of her lesbian partner of “40 years” in 2010, which would put her at 20+ in 1970, so makes her 70+ now)

Dawn Roddenberry (“Child” in Miri) – 31/8/53 (66) Daughter of Gene Roddenberry

Stephen McEveety (“Child” in Miri) – 4/11/54 (65) Now a film producer

Craig Hundley (Peter Kirk in Operation: Annihilate!, Tommy Starnes in And the Children Shall Lead) – 1954 (66) Also known as Craig Huxley, more a musician than an actor in later life, worked on the soundtrack to 10 Cloverfield Lane in 2016

Iona Morris (“Child in Miri) – 23/5/57 (63) Still acting, sister of Phillip Morris

Phillip Morris (“Child” in Miri) – 4/4/59 (61) Still acting

Clint Howard (Balok in The Corbomite Maneuver) – 20/4/59 (61) Brother of Ron Howard

Kellie Flanagan (“Child” in Miri) – 15/10/59 (60) Not acted since 1960s but married since 1995 with a child

Lisabeth Shatner (“Child” in Miri) – 6/6/61 (59) Daughter of William Shatner

Scott Whitney/Dweck (“Child” in Miri) – 23/4/57 (63) Son of Grace Lee Whitney [Yeoman Janice Rand], now an airline pilot

Melanie Shatner (“Child” in Miri) – 1/8/64 (55) Daughter of William Shatner

Edward Madden (Fisher in The Cage and The Enemy Within) – unknown but hasn’t acted since 1978

John Bellah (Crewman I in Charlie X, Laughing Crewman in The Naked Time) – unknown, last had meaningful work in 1987 but v/o in 2010 and extra in 2014

Jerry Foxworth (Guard in Mudd’s Women) – unknown, only acting credit on IMDB

David Ross (Security Guard #1 in Miri and Transporter Chief in The Galileo Seven) – unknown, results only come up for an English actor but no evidence that’s the guy

Irene Sale (Louise in Miri) – unknown, Memory Alpha refers to her in past tense but no obits or death dates

Keith Taylor (“Child” in Miri) – unknown, last acting credit in 1987

John Arndt (First Crewman in Dagger of the Mind and Fields in Balance of Terror) – unknown, IMDB lists him in the present tense but last credit was Diagnosis: Murder in 1994

William (Bill) Blackburn (Lieutenant Hadley in 32 episodes, Lieutenant Blackburn in The Apple) – unknown

Tom Lupo (Security Guard in The Menagerie and The Alternative Factor) – unknown, also worked as a stunt man according to IMDB

Marcia Brown (Alice in Shore Leave) – unknown, IMDB refers to in present tense

Jim Spencer (USAF Air Policeman in Tomorrow is Yesterday) – unknown, only a couple of credits besides this, including 2 in Gilligan’s Island

Sherri Townsend (Crew Woman in Tomorrow is Yesterday) – unknown, only known acting role

Winston (Win) De Lugo (Lieutenant Timothy in Court Martial) – unknown, according to IMDB he was acting in short films by his son as recently as 2016/2017 though

Alice Rawlings (Jamie Finney in Court Martial) – unknown, no acting credits since 1968

Nancy Wong (Personnel Officer in Court Martial) – unknown, no acting credits since 1972

Bart Conrad (Captain Krasnovsky in Court Martial) – unknown, last known acting role and judging by age in pictures almost certainly dead

Mark Tobin (Joaquin in Space Seed, Klingon in Day of the Dove) – unknown, last credit on IMDB is from 2011 and referred to in present tense

Kathy Ahart (Augment Kati in Space Seed) – unknown, only known acting role

George E. Allen (Engineer #1 in The Devil in the Dark) – unknown

John Cavett (Guard in The Devil in the Dark) – unknown, only known acting role

Christian Patrick (Transporter Chief in The Alternative Factor) – unknown, only known acting role

Maurishka Taliaferro (Yeoman Zahra in Operation: Annihiliate!) – unknown, model and sometime actress, only appeared in this episode

Any info from anybody is of course much appreciated, obviously a lot of these I doubt would get a QO, but included them all for completeness. Hope it's useful, and as I said I'll add the other 2 seasons of TOS when I get a chance.

• Thanks 1