I don't think he'll see out the year. He has lost the two loves of his life.

Morph & Chas you mean?

No - I meant his wife and then his hands.

I also meant that in a non perverse manner.

For some reason, the Vision On thread has been locked, so I'll post an update on Tony Hart here.

This blog confirms Tony is still in ill health, but he has been out & about (or was in May) & in this photo looks relatively healthy, me thinks.

Edited by Lady Grendel

Open his thread back up, f*ck Vision On, renanme it after the main man.

Done TF and renamed, mainly because I caught a bit of a programme on BBC3 a few weeks ago about 30(?) years of Swap Shop, Tony Hart was talked about and wrote a letter to be read out on air as he was too ill to attend the reunion, I was wondering if anyone has any info on his health? Could be a candidate for next year?

Open his thread back up, f*ck Vision On, renanme it after the main man.

Done TF and renamed, mainly because I caught a bit of a programme on BBC3 a few weeks ago about 30(?) years of Swap Shop, Tony Hart was talked about and wrote a letter to be read out on air as he was too ill to attend the reunion, I was wondering if anyone has any info on his health? Could be a candidate for next year?

A total candidate. I'll swear by it.

F**k.

There's info in the I & P thread, which hasn't been transferred over, LG, which caused all the furore of the locked thread in the first place....

There's info in the I & P thread, which hasn't been transferred over, LG, which caused all the furore of the locked thread in the first place....

Thanks OoO, I've moved the 3 posts I could find, 1 from you yesterday and 2 from mpfc last November, let me know if there are any more.

Thanks OoO, I've moved the 3 posts I could find, 1 from you yesterday and 2 from mpfc last November, let me know if there are any more.

When I searched yesterday, I think that (and the vision on thread) was all I found, so yes, that looks like it all.

Good work!

New interview with Tony Hart about having to give up drawing

I thought he was older than 83

Damnit - Tony Hart made it all the way into the top 52 for this year's list but reports were just too sketchy ( ;) ) on the state of his health.

One of the closest misses in a long time ;)

I suggested him in the Suggestions Thread.

Sad news. He was great on CBBC in the late 80s early 90s

Damnit - Tony Hart made it all the way into the top 52 for this year's list but reports were just too sketchy ( :lol: ) on the state of his health.

One of the closest misses in a long time ;)

It may have been a close miss but it's still a bad miss. Quite apart from news of his ailing health being better known than some of those who made the 2009 list (BB King ffs?), Hart couldn't have fitted the classic DL demographic more perfectly. ;)

Yes, hindsight makes an expert of everyone and you can't pick 'em all, but like a few other people I had supported his nomination once or twice in the past.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get over it one day. :(

(Edit: here's Tony at work in his classic 1970s 'slightly camp' period.)

Very sad news indeed, and I say that as someone whose picture never got on Take Hart. Tony Hart probably did more for art in the UK than any of our so-called 'artists'. And, of course, another part of my childhood gone. RIP

He only got on our DDP list due to Pinter carking it, so thanks Harold!

Tony Hart + Oliver Postage is a sad one-two in the nostalgia gut.

Still, my very first points in the DDP.

I was very sad to hear of his death, not unexpected though. I am consoling myself with the fact he's my joker on the DDP.

Pish flaps.

Another miss for me.

"And now... the mortuary."

Sad news indeed, but the great man is the first strike on my Wormfood Bingo list for this year. Rumour has it that Morph is going to walk behind the coffin...

I was sure he was on DL. I thought his state of health was pretty well known. Much more likely than some to go this year .. ahem .. Maggie, Ronnie Biggs ..

Anyway my first DDP points so not all bad.

Rumour has it that Morph is going to walk behind the coffin...

That'll take a few weeks of stop-start animation to film that walk. ;)

Guest Lee

First Mark Speight now Tony Hart. Isn't it about time the police pulled their collective fingers out and had a closer look at the activities of Neil Buchanan? I mean, I have no physical evidence but I'm pretty sure he killed them both.