Cast of Vision On

Apart from Sylvester McCoy (or "Sylveste" if you prefer), anyone know what's become of them? Tony Hart will be 80 in October, and hasn't been on our screens for some time. Not a lot of IMDB info on Wilf Lunn (a.k.a. "Wilfred Makepiece Lunn") or Pat Keysell. Haven't a clue which one played the white-coated Professor.

There must be a site out there somewhere...

Oh there is...

It's Prof Again

leading to...

Wilf Lunn

(The Professor was David Cleveland, apparently)

Tony Hart is "in ill health" you might be inetersted to learn...

I was shocked to see how much Tony had 'morphed' into a very old looking man recently.

He has always seemed to be a genuine sort of chap, lets hope its just the veneer cracking and underneath all is well.

The great man's web site is still pretty lively. If you dig around you can find he graduated from Maidstone School of Art in 1950 meaning he was born no later than 1929.

Has a nice house though, obviously sharp where his cash is concerned.

Does anyone know what the 'Vision On' music is? Someone told me it's by Bartok - is that right?

The great man's web site is still pretty lively. If you dig around you can find he graduated from Maidstone School of Art in 1950 meaning he was born no later than 1929.

Has a nice house though, obviously sharp where his cash is concerned.

It's says on the website he is 80. (Say's Clive signing furiously)

I see his house is in Shamley Green. I'm not far from there. I'll pop round for a cup of tea & check up on his health.

Does anyone know what the 'Vision On' music is?  Someone told me it's by Bartok - is that right?

Info about the music used can be found here. (Scroll to the bottom of the page.)

Does anyone know what the 'Vision On' music is?  Someone told me it's by Bartok - is that right?

Info about the music used can be found here. (Scroll to the bottom of the page.)

Thanks, Captain.

I was shocked to see how much Tony had 'morphed' into a very old looking man recently. 

He has always seemed to be a genuine sort of chap, lets hope its just the veneer cracking and underneath all is well.

tony_hart-200x250.jpg

Tony is indeed looking his age, but he seems healthy enough.

Personally I always found his TV shows incredibly tedious.

Just out of interest, are you from Maryport, in Cumbria?

What are the chances of someone lying and pretending to be from Maryport? West Cumbrian and proud. How about yersel?

"For years I pretended to be deaf so I could get my painting on Vision On." ;)

Alexei Sayle, wasn't it? :blink:

Used to watch & then copy his ideas... loved "Take Hart" later on. I never drew any pictures for the gallery but always remember what a quietly spoken gent he was.

Takes me back to my childhood!

:P

:o VIENNA

xxxxx

Has anyone considered adding Tony Hart (81) for next year? he hasn't really done much for a few years.

Has anyone considered adding Tony Hart (81) for next year? he hasn't really done much for a few years.

Phantom, you will find a Tony Hart thread here. <_<

Phantom, you will find a Tony Hart thread here. :dead:

You could leave him a message here

Tony turned up last week to the unveiling of a Guinness Book of Records winner, some art students had created the World's largest calligraphy brush.

Apparantly looked chipper and swapped stories with people, turning in an energetic performance for an octagenarian. His reminiscences are promised in a Kent local paper next week. I have my spies on it but it's likely to indicate his faculties are working as well as his ageing body.

Tony turned up last week to the unveiling of a Guinness Book of Records winner, some art students had created the World's largest calligraphy brush.

In the old days art students smashed the limits of traditions, pushing the avant garde. Now they create the world's largest calligraphy brush. And furthermore...zzzz:old:

Those students - apparantly - chose to hang around with TH and the Mayor of Maidstone, 'nuff said.

How sad.

I always enjoyed vision on. And old Morph was ahead of his time.

I was always sh*te at the art though.

I'll keep watching

Morph was OK, but the other one( Grey coloured?) should've been squashed.

Was it Chas?

Tony Hart is a genuinely nice and charming chap. He was one of the last in a long line of gentleman presenters for children and it's sad that we will never see his like again.

In all honestly, what would you prefer your kids to watch - Tony Hart, with his perfect RP voice, or Dick and Dom, etc.

A top chap indeed.

Morph was OK, but the other one( Grey coloured?) should've been squashed.

Morph & Chas died last year in the Aardman Studio fire. :D