what are the odds? I was listening to, I think, Danny Baker this week, and the Gallery got a mention, first time i'd given Take Hart a thought in god knows how many years.

Man oh man, the memories a quick stroll thru google brings back sometimes. Mr Bennett!

He looks very old on some of the photos on his website

http://www.tonyhart.co.uk/contact_tony_hart.asp

SAE for signed photos.!! does Deathlist have a thread on which soon to be dead celebs will have valueable signed photos??

Morph & Chas died last year in the Aardman Studio fire. :)

No, it confirms on Tony Hart's page that they got away on a motorbike. And I'm much more likely to believe Tony Hart than what someone says on here!

No, it confirms on Tony Hart's page that they got away on a motorbike. And I'm much more likely to believe Tony Hart than what someone says on here!

Are you telling me that the bastion of truth that is The Sun is telling lies?

Well, I never. :)

True story about The Sun, that I may have shared once before. When Kelvin McKenzie was editor he once set a jokey challenge to the reporters to write his obituary. The one who won wrote a line that read; 'Here lies Kelvin McKenzie, and lies, and lies...'

Has a nice house though, obviously sharp where his cash is concerned.

I think the 'Book Tony' icon provides some sort of explanation...

His warm television personality has earned him an iconic popularity - which means that a personal appearances by Tony Hart is a major attraction that will promote any event (just read our Guestbook!). Tony regularly performs opening ceremonies, judges competitions, and appears at trade fairs, prize presentations and promotions of all kinds. He will say a few well chosen words, and his amiable disposition means that he will chat freely with guests and visitors, and pose for photographs.

Makes a change from Diane Youdale and Snorbitz I suppose.

True story about The Sun, that I may have shared once before. When Kelvin McKenzie was editor he once set a jokey challenge to the reporters to write his obituary. The one who won wrote a line that read; 'Here lies Kelvin McKenzie, and lies, and lies...'

I still rate him dressing up as an Admiral of the Fleet and turning the Sun newsroom into a war-room during the Falklands Conflict as being his greatest moment.

When will we see his like again?

I was listening to Radio 2 today and heard the great tony hart talking about his 2 strokes he'd suffered from.

He didnt sound very good.

I recon he's a sure fire hit for 2007

Not so sure about the sure-fire Tony Hart, physically he remains fairly robust, as evidenced by the most recent posts on his own thread hereabouts. He's still doing public engagements like hangin' with art students. Granted one good brain bleed would make a nonesense of his otherwise robust physique but - on the other hand - some stablising clotting agent in his blood could hold the strokes at bay for a while.

Edited by Lady Grendel

Not so sure about the sure-fire Tony Hart, physically he remains fairly robust, as evidenced by the most recent posts on his own thread hereabouts. He's still doing public engagements like hangin' with art students. Granted one good brain bleed would make a nonesense of his otherwise robust physique but - on the other hand - some stablising clotting agent in his blood could hold the strokes at bay for a while.

I think I mentioned Tony Hart earlier in the year, although it was more of an enquiry as to his current health status. I remember a televised interview with him a couple of years ago and he looked a little frail even then and he was no spring chicken when he did Take Hart

The spring chicken is a nice round eighty, still not sure he'll stray into vision off land within the next twelve months.

Edited by Lady Grendel

I still rate him dressing up as an Admiral of the Fleet and turning the Sun newsroom into a war-room during the Falklands Conflict as being his greatest moment.

When will we see his like again?

Hopefully never.... :D

Tony Hart - just seen his pic on the Swap Shop programme. Looked awful.

Noel Edmonds said he wasn't there because "he's not in the best of health" and gave him his thoughts.

Could be a good punt.

Guest Guest

Noel Edmonds said he wasn't there because "he's not in the best of health" and gave him his thoughts.

Could be a good punt.

Beat me to it. Tony looked like an early January hopeful judging by the mugshot on Swapshop.

Could be a good punt.

I thought exactly the same.

I wouldn't rush out to put a bet on Pat Keysell just yet. Although she must be past 70 now, she's still very active in the whole mime/theatre/drama "scene".

Guest Matt

Tony Hart of the 1980s BBC children's art programme 'Take Hart' and creator of animated character 'Morph'. Not enjoying good health rumour has it.

Hello and a happy thingummy time to you all

I'd just like to confirm that Morph and Chas are indeed dead - I was at their funeral a few weeks ago (much delayed as the autopsy took forever). Anyway it was an emotional affair and one that will live long in the memory.

Still waiting for plans for a retrospective on BBC4

Mr Stats

(now averaging one post per year)

He was mentioned on It Started With Swap Shop on Thursday and that he was not in very good health at the moment. They showed a picture which draw gasps from the audience as he wasnt looking too clever, bit like a tramp if im honest! :(

[Tony Hart and Vision On topics merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Mr Stats

(now averaging one post per year)

Welcome back Statsy! You have been missed. :(

Saw a photo of the artist Tony Hart.....(vision on and swap shop). It's not looking good for 2007. Quite a shock for my generation....david Icke is not loking that bright either.....reckon Deathlist has missed a couple of British 'bankers' there.....

[Topics merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Article in today's Daily Express:

Tony Hart, the much-loved TV presenter and artist, has sadly lost the use of his hands and can no longer draw or paint after suffering two strokes. Tony,81, has been swamped with inquiries about his health since it was announced in a BBC show screened over Christmas that he was "too ill" to appear but is said to be in "good spirits". The former presenter of children's programmes such as Take Hart, Vision On and Hartbeat featured in BBC2's It Started With Swap Shop (he used to have a hugely popular slot on the Saturday morning show) but could not appear in person.

"I've been flooded with e-mails about it" says Tony's close friend and representative Roc Renals. "The top and bottom of it is that he's not up tp appearing in TV programmes. Since he had a couple of strokes, he's not really able to tackle the stress of it." And, most cruelly fot the man who designed the Blue Peter logo and who encouraged thousands of children to paint and draw by showing their efforts in his celebrated gallery on Take Hart, he is now unable to use his hands. Roc adds: "As you can imagine this is a devastating blow for an artist. "But he is making the most of everything and is still very cheerful. He took on a carer after his wife died so he is being looked after."

Tony, who won a BAFTA for Take Hart in 1984 and whose shows introduced the Plasticine model Morph, lost his wife Jean in 2003 and suffered his first stroke a year later. Roc adds: "He's fine in himself. He's still got a positive outlook. "He's still able to do personal appearances-as long as he's not asked to do great long speeches." Best wishes, Tony.

I'm surprised he hasn't been knighted - he's done more for art than any of the current so-called "artists", and I bet he inspired a fair few of them to pick up a pencil in the first place.

Get well soon Tony, even if you are on my deadpool list.

Get well soon Tony, even if you are on my deadpool list.

He was a late replacement for Saddam Hussein with me.

I don't think he'll see out the year. He has lost the two loves of his life and now he has nothing to live for (except perhaps a knighthood).