Guest DeathLister

George P. Shultz

A fair inclusion (I would say that as I have him too), but very highly ranked given who else is on the list. Feels like a 30-something pick.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Death Impends said:

The entirety of Nixon's surviving cabinet has been picked this year :pop:

(a much vaster way to say they picked Kissinger and Shultz...)

Both good choices though in my opinion! Certainly would be the end of an era if they both die this year. 

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Both good choices though in my opinion! Certainly would be the end of an era if they both die this year. 

I have a feeling that Shultz is going to be another Ronald Atkins, not  just breaking a record but then exceeding it by years.So he might make it to the 2025 list  and finally go at 104 ! Kissinger likewise. then again he might be another Javier Perez de Cuellar and die within weeks of his 100th birthday. I guess only time will tell...

27 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I have a feeling that Shultz is going to be another Ronald Atkins, not  just breaking a record but then exceeding it by years.So he might make it to the 2025 list  and finally go at 104 ! Kissinger likewise. then again he might be another Javier Perez de Cuellar and die within weeks of his 100th birthday. I guess only time will tell...

You might be right!

Centenarians are always a safe bet 

• Thanks 1

On 01/01/2021 at 17:19, JR976evil said:

Centenarians are always a safe bet 

and thats about it

These people live too long.

The committee probably wanted to wait until "Republican foreign policy guru of the 70s" Henry Kissinger was dead, before they put Shultz on the list.

But the problem was, Kissinger is still alive!

Now Shultz might be "Republican foreign policy guru of the 80s" and the committee probably thinks he's going to die soon, and then they can put James Baker, "Republican foreign policy guru of the 90s", on the list.

But let's be honest, none of them will die in the next 5 years. 

• Haha 2

On January 6th he held the first annual "Voices Youth Award" named in his and Gorbachev's honor. Not sure if he was present (if, then online of course) but theres a picture of him presenting the winner so its a pretty recent photo I reckon with the christmas tree and all. The whole event was overshadowed by other things I guess. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/age-passes-the-baton-to-youth-301202463.html

Former US Secretary of State, George P. Shultz, holds the first “Voices Youth Award” named in his honor and also in honor of Mikhail Gorbachev, former president of the USSR. Photo Credit: David Fedor.

• Like 2

On 19/01/2021 at 20:45, roaming_comrade said:

On January 6th he held the first annual "Voices Youth Award" named in his and Gorbachev's honor. Not sure if he was present (if, then online of course) but theres a picture of him presenting the winner so its a pretty recent photo I reckon with the christmas tree and all. The whole event was overshadowed by other things I guess. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/age-passes-the-baton-to-youth-301202463.html

Former US Secretary of State, George P. Shultz, holds the first “Voices Youth Award” named in his honor and also in honor of Mikhail Gorbachev, former president of the USSR. Photo Credit: David Fedor.

He's going to be another Ronald Atkins and live to 104 isn't he...:huh:

5 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

He's going to be another Ronald Atkins and live to 104 isn't he...:huh:

But he's wearing a plaster on his hand?

On 01/01/2021 at 14:42, CoffinLodger said:

CoffinLodger strikes once again

• Haha 5

Not reported anywhere else yet as far as I can see

Just now, The Quim Reaper said:

Not reported anywhere else yet as far as I can see

See the edit to my post.

• Thanks 1

None dead in January then 3 gone in 5 days. Long live the Deathlist, its bloody mental.

• Like 6

On 13/12/2020 at 11:53, gcreptile said:

Preparation for next year?

Even though an obvious gag, - good call.

The death of a true...er, actually, can someone help me out with what he was a legend for and why did I cry for many years over him?

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The death of a true...er, actually, can someone help me out with what he was a legend for and why did I cry for many years over him?

He wrote Peanuts.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

He was the secretary of state for the apparent lord and savior Ronald Reagan

1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:

He was Secretary of State under Reagan and basically the guy who pushed through all of Reagans achievements, good and bad. Mentor to Bush Jr and Cheney and a big fan of the Iraq War, but also biig on diplomacy with Gorbachev and China, first big name Republican to support legalisation of weed so... one of those right wingers from the 80s who'd be to the left of most in power in their respective parties today.

• Like 1

RIP... no more his name bad written

Edited by chilean way