millwall32

Ernest Borgnine

Just noticed that Ernest Borgnine (b.1917) is still with us surley he could fall off the perch at any minute?

88 years old, overweight, history of depression, still takes part in action movies that would surely test even a younger man's health. Very possible I would say.

good suggestion wb32, let's make sure his name is put forward for consideration at the end of the year. The only hesitation is if he's still appearing in action movies he must be somewhat mobile and alert. Plus, whenever a star is killed by a stunt gone wrong it's usally someone more in the prime of life. They don't let the old guys near the dodgy starter pistols or whizzing copter rotors....

Brandon Lee: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Lee

Vic Morrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Morrow

there's at least one other famous actor stunt-death to add to the above list, but I can't think of the guy's name. 1980's, TV star, think he had a Scandinavian sounding name but was American. Anyone got any clues?

there's at least one other famous actor stunt-death to add to the above list, but I can't think of the guy's name. 1980's, TV star, think he had a Scandinavian sounding name but was American. Anyone got any clues?

Chuck Smorgasbord?

Roy Kinnear was killed falling from a horse during the shooting of The Return of the Musketeers - but not Scandinavian...or American

Scandinavian sounding name but was American.  Anyone got any clues?

Chuck Smorgasbord?

Sven Smith?

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

I've come up with two possibilities, though neither fit your profile exactly.

1. Eric Fleming. The Hollywood Book of Death states that Fleming died in a canoe accident whilst filming a new TV programme for ABC called "High Jungle" in Peru. Apparently, the canoe he and his co-star were in overturned, and although his co-star was able to swim to safety, Fleming wasn't. The proximity of piranha fish is suggested as the reason his remains were not found until the following week. However, he died in 1966.

2. Trinidad Silva Jr, who was in Hill Street Blues died in 1988, but he died in a non-TV-related car accident, although he was "hurled more than one hundred feet before hitting the pavement" which is pretty dramatic in its own right, really. He doesn't sound very scandinavian, though.

there's at least one other famous actor stunt-death to add to the above list, but I can't think of the guy's name.  1980's, TV star, think he had a Scandinavian sounding name but was American.  Anyone got any clues?

I'm going for this guy:

Jon-Eric Hexum

thanks VSB, that's the one I was thinking of. I'd forgotten about Roy Kinnear. At least 4 relatively well-known actors killed in stunts gone wrong in the past 25 years. Wonder what an actuary would say about that.

good suggestion wb32, let's make sure his name is put forward for consideration at the end of the year. The only hesitation is if he's still appearing in action movies he must be somewhat mobile and alert. Plus, whenever a star is killed by a stunt gone wrong it's usally someone more in the prime of life. They don't let the old guys near the dodgy starter pistols or whizzing copter rotors....

Brandon Lee: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Lee

Vic Morrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Morrow

Don't know who the other surviving action hero is but Lee majors must be a good age by now.

Sorry, no , he's only 66 with no major health probs.

Scandinavian sounding name but was American.  Anyone got any clues?

Chuck Smorgasbord?

Sven Smith?

regards,

Hein

Dar Robinson

Guest prohunt

I love Ernest Borgnine i have all his albums I didnt know he was still alive

Ernest a singer - that`s absolutely new for me.

He`s a sympathetic actor winning the academy award for "Marty".

I hope and think he will live some more years

Albums?????

Maybe this poster is thinking of the salsa albums of Robert Mitchum, or the easy listening albums of Jackie Gleason. Either way I think that Borgnine is a good choice for DL 2006 at the expense of, say, Diego Maraddona.

Albums?????

Maybe this poster is thinking of the salsa albums of Robert Mitchum, or the easy listening albums of Jackie Gleason. Either way I think that Borgnine is a good choice for DL 2006 at the expense of, say, Diego Maraddona.

Maybe he just sold his stamp collection?

try jesus of nazareth.

i think he played jesus.

Without consulting IMDB , I think he played Tova in the Lew Grade/ Robert Powell version of the life and death of our Lord.

Whatever, I feel he is a definite contender for DL 2006.

Without consulting IMDB , I think he played Tova in the Lew Grade/ Robert Powell version of the life and death of our Lord.

A quick consult - but he is only listed as 'The Centurion'. So, no further forward, as I am sure he must have had a name...

IMDB also says he made 2 movies in 2003, 3 in 2004, and is currently filming his 3rd of 2005 - so no signs yet of him slowing down :)

A quick consult - but he is only listed as 'The Centurion'. So, no further forward, as I am sure he must have had a name...

IMDB also says he made 2 movies in 2003, 3 in 2004, and is currently filming his 3rd of 2005 - so no signs yet of him slowing down B)

This is all very strange to say the least but if he did indeedly do ever paly a character named 'Tova' then what a strange spark of coincidence since that is the name of his current Mrs. The effervescent Tova who hawks perfume as if it were being used in an attempt to hide the smell of wrinkle remover cream from her pores.

Honestly I have never known what my beloved Quinton McHale ever saw in her. All those years on the PT73 and constant nights spent at the local land places with Elroy Carpenter and Happy and the others and he hooks up first with Ethel and then Tova? What exactly was in the drinking water of Hamden Connecticut back when Ernie was born?

Oh well I recall the afternoons playing under the dining room table imagining Elroy Carpenter (portrayed by the wonderful Bob Hastings) offering me a spoon full of Skippy Peanut butter (which he was advertising for at the time) and all the while Mr.Borgnine (often times in his Marty character) would be reading me bedtime stories while smoking a pipe. Come to think of it this was about the time I first visited The Cookie Bin Asylum, wonder what this might mean.

He was also in the Poseidon Adventure, most of that cast is still alive but they might start dropping like flies soon i mean look at the list:

Gene Hackman

Shelley Winters

Stella Stevens

Ernest Borgnine

Red Buttons

How much older can these people get?

Which reminds me is Peanut Butter Man still with us?