millwall32

Alex Higgins (And Snooker)

Former champion Davies dies

That's ladies champion, Agnes Davies, who has died aged 90.

• Like 1

HMHB curse strikes again - Len Ganley no longer doing the Len Ganley Stance.

So he was the 'godfather of punk'... That doesn't surprise me a bit.

A bit youngish, 68.

regards,

Magere "I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass" Hein

HMHB curse strikes again - Len Ganley no longer doing the Len Ganley Stance.

I think I'm just going to enter the same theme team into the DDP every year from now on. It's like a guaranteed two hits every 12 months, plus a track on their upcoming album mentions Tommy Walsh. Fingers crossed.

I'm surprised that the death of the commentator Ted Lowe wasn't included in this thread

Did somebody mention the

Guest Dan
The implication was that he needed to practise and the Masters Club had some of the best tables in North West England...

It was indeed the Masters Club that I was referring to. It was probably the fight that made it (in)famous, and why it sticks in my memory that Medati was the owner. I've driven past it recently, it's just a bar now, no longer "Masters".

"The Masters" is now Club Replay. It's still a quality snooker hall but focuses more on 8ball English pool. It's still got a lovely atmosphere and interior and a brilliant function room!.....just to clarify :)

The implication was that he needed to practise and the Masters Club had some of the best tables in North West England...

It was indeed the Masters Club that I was referring to. It was probably the fight that made it (in)famous, and why it sticks in my memory that Medati was the owner. I've driven past it recently, it's just a bar now, no longer "Masters".

"The Masters" is now Club Replay. It's still a quality snooker hall but focuses more on 8ball English pool. It's still got a lovely atmosphere and interior and a brilliant function room!.....just to clarify :)

Our Google passing traffic is better than our regular posters.

Talking of snooker halls, the old Willie Thorne Snooker Club will be no more when my bastards who made me redundant soon-to-be former employers Leicester City Council, will take over the property while vacating the crumbling main premises...

What the hell sort of name is Judd Trump?

26 at scrabble ?

• Like 1

What the hell sort of name is Judd Trump?

Its what John Noakes and Peter Purvis had to cover for.

• Like 1

Twice World Championship runner-up Ali Carter is being treated for testicular cancer.

Twice World Championship runner-up Ali Carter is being treated for testicular cancer.

That's a kick in the balls.

Geddit?

Second young high profile snooker player to get cancer.

He also looks a little like paul hunter . What are the odds?

Thought Paul hunter had testicular cancer too but apparently not after double checking.

Second young high profile snooker player to get cancer.

Not sure if I'd really call any snooker player "high profile" these days.

He also looks a little like paul hunter . What are the odds?

The odds of two guys having blond hair? Not that long actually.

Thought Paul hunter had testicular cancer too but apparently not after double checking.

No but fellow World Championship runner-up Jimmy White had it (and beat it) in 1995.

Jackie Rea, one of the original eight participants in Pot Black, has died aged 92. In addition to being the Irish Professional Snooker Champion 23 times in 24 years between 1947 and 1971, he was also one of the men forming an "arch of snooker cues" at Alex Higgins' wedding in 1980. Although Wikipedia says that Gareth Hunt was also one of the men in that arch, so that may be bollocks.

Jackie Rea, one of the original eight participants in Pot Black, has died aged 92. In addition to being the Irish Professional Snooker Champion 23 times in 24 years between 1947 and 1971, he was also one of the men forming an "arch of snooker cues" at Alex Higgins' wedding in 1980. Although Wikipedia says that Gareth Hunt was also one of the men in that arch, so that may be bollocks.

I think that leaves just Ray Reardon and Rex Williams still alive from the original eight Pot Black players. The others were Gary Owen, John Pulman, Fred Davis, Kingsley Kennerley and John Spencer.

Guest Colin fulton

I new Alex Higgins well and Paul medati. I played them and John Virgo at the Potters club in Salford Manchester. Geoff lomas was the manager. Denis Hughes ( Lancashire champion) always helped me with my game, he should have been a pro. The 4 of them were great money players , and challenged all the top pro's for big cash. My mate peter unsworth and I used to watch till 5 in the morning many times, we learnt loads about snooker. Most exciting time of our lives. Alex did get knocked out by Paul,TRUST ME. They all got on great otherwise. I watched many a 147 at Potters, ( Colin Fulton)

Has anyone been watching the world snooker championships?

None of the players are old enough to consider for deathlist but I think a few viewers might have been bored to death by that Wilson v Walden match.

Fancy Robertson for the title though.

I think some of the guys in the commentary box might be worth a look. If Deathlist was ever going to repeat 1987's trick of having "any one Beatle", I would have "any one snooker commentator". Never heard such a crusty old collection of miserable sounding, wheezy buggers, they make cricket and golf commentators sound like dynamic fountains of youth.

I think some of the guys in the commentary box might be worth a look. If Deathlist was ever going to repeat 1987's trick of having "any one Beatle", I would have "any one snooker commentator". Never heard such a crusty old collection of miserable sounding, wheezy buggers, they make cricket and golf commentators sound like dynamic fountains of youth.

There not actually that old, they've just lived snooker lifestyle which back when they played wasn't good for your health (Bill Werbernick must be the prime example of that.)

The BBC regulars are all under 70

John Virgo, 68

Terry Griffiths, 66

Dennis Taylor, 65

Willie Thorne, 60

Steve Davis, 56

John Parrot, 49

Stephen Hendry, 45

Ken Doherty, 44

Eurosports guys may be better at their jobs, but aren't much older;

Joe Johnson, 61

Neal Foulds, 50

Mike Hallet, 54

Dave Hendon, ??

Phil Yates, ??

Virgo a possible, as is Faulds.

Does betablocker intake for decades effect your health?

• Like 1