millwall32

Alex Higgins (And Snooker)

On 15/02/2021 at 06:38, Grim Up North said:

The answer being Doug Mountjoy was a smoker who had lung cancer in 1993 and had one of his lungs removed.

Reardon 10 years older but got two lungs.

total respect for Doug lasting as long as he did after lung cancer

43 minutes ago, millwall32 said:

I wanted to wait the appropriate and respectful amount of time before posting a link to Doug Mountjoy''s daughter's Mayfair shoot.

MAYFAIR UK MAGAZINE VOL 24 NO 2 1989 YVETTE MOUNTJOY (tilleysvintagemagazinessheffield.com)

something, something, pink or brown, something, something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, millwall32 said:

I wanted to wait the appropriate and respectful amount of time before posting a link to Doug Mountjoy''s daughter's Mayfair shoot.

MAYFAIR UK MAGAZINE VOL 24 NO 2 1989 YVETTE MOUNTJOY (tilleysvintagemagazinessheffield.com)

I am intrigued that the cover refers to "Doug Mountjoy's Nudest Daughter"

Did he have a numbers of daughters who went around in varying degrees of undress? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, An Fear Beag said:

I am intrigued that the cover refers to "Doug Mountjoy's Nudest Daughter"

Did he have a numbers of daughters who went around in varying degrees of undress? 

See the source image

Yeah here is Doug Mountjoy's Least Nude Daughter

• Haha 3

I've been keeping up with the BBC coverage of the World Championship by pointing my high-intensity freeview aerial towards Dover (my oldest son made the aerial at uni as part of a project to prove that Nigel Farage's Question Time racism could in fact cause anxiety and hurt in the occupants of the Calais refugee camp).

The commentators are getting so old and decrepit now.  John Virgo is 75. He has always struck me as the kind of old geezer who uses football banter and nonchalance as a way of convincing himself he's still a "sporty" man in his late 40s.

I don't suppose that his painful overanalysis of every single shot (including the ones that haven't been played yet) can be any better for his health than it is for mine.

Also, Dennis Taylor is 70-something as well and yesterday he had to be reminded by his much younger co-commentator that they would only be "coming back for this evening's session", if in fact the player who was miles ahead didn't win the match within the next 3 frames.

Thank god for Eurosport is all I can say about that. But BBC are the "host broadcaster" for the tournament., and most people tune into their coverage, maybe they should get rid of both before we have to listen to them actually have a particularly "foul" stroke on air.

Lets be honest, snooker as a sport died in the early 90s with the retirement of the old favourites and the introduction of the PL football brand. O'Sullivan aside there are virtually zero personalties left in the game now. When the huge influx of spotty teenage Chinese robots finally start dominating later this decade it will die on its arse completely.

4 hours ago, MoneySavingExpt said:

Inane drivel

3 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

Further inane drivel

There is a recently created Extra-curricular thread for Snooker discussions which I think might be better suited to your rantings and ravings. This thread is for the death of snooker players, not a discussion of the death of snooker itself. Anyone died since Doug Mountjoy to your knowledge?

When I saw Nigel Bond on the ShootOut a few months ago he looked like some kind of dying vulture.. but he did secure his tour card so you might all be able to see for yourself next year.

Anyone been watching 'Gods of Snooker' on BBC2? Just got around to catching it this evening - the third, and I think last, instalment. If that's John Virgo in the red T-shirt he looks pretty rough, even for 75. Can see him going before Reardon frankly. 

20 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Anyone been watching 'Gods of Snooker' on BBC2? Just got around to catching it this evening - the third, and I think last, instalment. If that's John Virgo in the red T-shirt he looks pretty rough, even for 75. Can see him going before Reardon frankly. 

Virgo is on it but not wearing a red T-shirt. He doesn't look too bad to me. 

(I know she's been mentioned elsewhere, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find where even when utilizing the search. So admins, feel free to move this to the correct area. Thanks!)

Pool legend, Jeanette Lee aka "The Black Widow" has completed all her cancer treatments and has a more optimistic prognosis of lasting for several more years compared to her original prognosis of having up to a year to live.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10146233/Jeanette-Black-Widow-Lees-agent-says-pool-legends-prognosis-improved.html

7 hours ago, markb4 said:

(I know she's been mentioned elsewhere, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find where even when utilizing the search. So admins, feel free to move this to the correct area. Thanks!)

Pool legend, Jeanette Lee aka "The Black Widow" has completed all her cancer treatments and has a more optimistic prognosis of lasting for several more years compared to her original prognosis of having up to a year to live.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10146233/Jeanette-Black-Widow-Lees-agent-says-pool-legends-prognosis-improved.html

And she is already being covered in a Q/O source so one for us all to monitor over the coming years.

Saw a few seconds of the UK Seniors Snooker on the red button earlier, Stephen Hendry's clearly spent a fair amount of his winnings on snacks, but other than that nowt to get the form studiers hereabouts worked up. I mean, if they were really serious about seniors snooker surely they'd drag out one or two cases who were so senior they'd wander up to the table then forget why the fuck they were there :rolleyes:

Wiki page to follow the results here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_UK_Seniors_Championship

On 17/11/2021 at 21:39, markb4 said:

Jeanette Lee had emergency back surgery after falling in her motor home.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2022/01/27/black-widow-pool-jeanette-lee-one-year-after-stage-4-cancer-diagnosis/9232393002/

On 17/11/2021 at 18:39, markb4 said:

A Documentary about her life is being Produced by ESPN

• Like 3

Clive Everton (85) has stood down as editor of Snooker Scene and the British Open have just named the trophy in his honour. Hmm.

1 minute ago, Arsewipe said:

Ray Reardon 90 today. Looks great for his ageand very sharp in mind still.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/63158271

Ah, so the cancer/hospice rumours were in fact untrue. He had a hip operation.

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ah, so the cancer/hospice rumours were in fact untrue. He had a hip operation.

Sad that he feels he has to keep up with these hipsters 

• Haha 1

Report that Barry West, whose snooker career was probably most successful in the mid-late 1980s, has died: 

• Like 1

Jeanette Lee looking well these days out and about.

FE667C56-611E-4499-999E-EA434A70D824.jpeg

• Like 1