Sign in to follow this  
Windsor

Are You Being Served?

Well, I loved the remake.

Make more.

So, in the next series - they pool their respective talents and set out to destroy Amazon and all other online, highstreet wrecking, retaillers

Well, I loved the remake.

Make more.

Yes, it was surprisingly good...

I love wallowing in nostalgia as much as anyone but this whole remake, reimagining stuff has gone way too far. Ben-Hur, Magnificent Seven..... just make something original.

• Like 4

I love wallowing in nostalgia as much as anyone but this whole remake, reimagining stuff has gone way too far. Ben-Hur, Magnificent Seven..... just make something original.

this whole remake, reimagining stuff has gone way too far. Ben-Hur, Magnificent Seven..... just make something original.

, Magnificent Seven..... just make something original.

• Like 3

this whole remake, reimagining stuff has gone way too far. Ben-Hur, Magnificent Seven..... just make something original.

, Magnificent Seven..... just make something original.

:hatsoff:

• Like 1

Could not bring myself to watch the remake.Some things are best left in the past.

• Like 1

Till Death Us Do Part is on BBC4 tonight at 9-o'clock. It's not a new episode but a re-recording from an original script of a wiped episode from 1967.

Barraclough is looking frail. I have a feeling he might not make it to series, if this does make to series, that is.

There's a Porridge one as well. The only one I'm looking forward to is the Hancock's Half Hour one because I've heard the radio version with Kevin McNally and he's very good.

Just watched it; brilliant!

• Like 1

There's a Porridge one as well. The only one I'm looking forward to is the Hancock's Half Hour one because I've heard the radio version with Kevin McNally and he's very good.

Yes, well....

tumblr_ltzobwOmjB1qlvie8o1_500.gif

I'm just amazed the BBC didn't attempt to shoehorn in an ethnic minority into the cast.

Those multi-culturist pushing fucktard cuntgerbils usually try to stick them in everywhere.

Just been watching it of late, does still amuse. I’m pleased the ‘woke’ army haven’t yet had it booted off the schedules, I can just picture them getting all indignant on Twitter :shock2:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

Just been watching it of late, does still amuse. I’m pleased the ‘woke’ army haven’t yet had it booted off the schedules, I can just picture them getting all indignant on Twitter :shock2:

"Glass of water for Mr JR976evil!" :lol:

On 16/04/2011 at 12:26, VSBfromH said:

... well, you could add latecomer Mike Berry (b. 1942) to that list. He played Mr Spooner, who was basically an ersatz Mr Lucas if I recall. Then there are the 2 minor characters Mr. Grace's Nurse, played by Vivienne Johnson, who appeared in 22 episodes but only got the occasional bit of dialogue, usually when YMG was having palpitations. IMDB doesn't give a date of birth and suggests no one knows what became of the actress*; and former page 3 girl Penny Irving (b. 1955) who played secretary Miss Bakewell (no first name, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Cherry).

God, how I abhor that series now, but have to admit I did watch it at the time!

* According to Wikipedia: "currently employed as a cover drama teacher in Essex schools, most recently Moulsham High School, in Chelmsford, Essex. She has married, and is known as Mrs. 

Vivienne Johnson is the widow of the late (and apparently formidable) barrister Brian Higgs QC (1930 - 2016), who's most notorious case was defending Robert Thompson, one of the two ten year olds found guilty of the James Bulger murder in 1993, at his appeal hearing in 2001. It looks like Johnson gave up acting not long after marrying him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

DJ Ronnie Hazlehurst in your (menswe)area.

What?

No pussy reference?

Suprised Cat GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 02/01/2019 at 14:17, YoungWillz said:

Candy Davis is 57 today! :birthday:

I suppose we had better mention the death of Candy Davis aka Clare Dunkel aka Mo Hayder aged 59 here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9876123/Britains-glamorous-crime-writer-Clare-Dunkel-dies.html

There's a very messy edit on Wiki and IMDB doesn't know she's dead at all: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0204306/

• Like 2

18 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I suppose we had better mention the death of Candy Davis aka Clare Dunkel aka Mo Hayder aged 59 here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9876123/Britains-glamorous-crime-writer-Clare-Dunkel-dies.html

There's a very messy edit on Wiki and IMDB doesn't know she's dead at all: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0204306/

That show really is cursed if ever a TV show was. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 09/08/2021 at 17:33, YoungWillz said:

I've submitted it to IMDb.

So looking at the IMDb cast list for AYBS, there appears to be only 7 names left who appeared in more than a single episode:

Mike Berry (b. 1942) The only regular cast member remaining.
Raymond Bowers (b. 1936) His last credit was in 2003. Living in 2013 according to 192.com, and can't find anything in the GRO up to 2019 so presumably living.
Louise Burton (b. 1955)
Keith Hodiak (b. 1950) Gave a video interview in 2017 about his dancing career in Guyana before emigrating to the UK.
Penny Irving (b. 1942)
Vivienne Johnson (b. 1946)
Doremy Vernon (b. c. 1934) Sourced her estimated DOB from Ancestry (it says "born 1933–1935"). Older than I thought she was.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was about to say that Stephanie Gathercole who sand the theme song is still with us, but she died ten years ago according to imdb.  

• Shocked 1

9 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I've submitted it to IMDb.

So looking at the IMDb cast list for AYBS, there appears to be only 7 names left who appeared in more than a single episode:

Mike Berry (b. 1942) The only regular cast member remaining.
Raymond Bowers (b. 1936) His last credit was in 2003. Living in 2013 according to 192.com, and can't find anything in the GRO up to 2019 so presumably living.
Louise Burton (b. 1955)
Keith Hodiak (b. 1950) Gave a video interview in 2017 about his dancing career in Guyana before emigrating to the UK.
Penny Irving (b. 1956)
Vivienne Johnson (b. 1959)
Doremy Vernon (b. c. 1934) Sourced her estimated DOB from Ancestry (it says "born 1933–1935"). Older than I thought she was.

Does Pat Astley count? She was the randy old goat’s nurse (he all done very well!) in several episodes, but had no lines afaik. 

She apparently got the boot because her performance in John Lindsay’s hardcore flick Boarding School came to light. 

• Shocked 1

Revival actors Roy Barraclough (Mr Grainger) and now John Challis (Captain Peacock) already dead.

Sherrie Hewson for 2022?

• Like 1