Sign in to follow this  
Windsor

Are You Being Served?

Mollie Sugden - Mrs. Slocombe - b.1922

John Inman - Mr. Humphries - b.1935 (but was ill not that long ago)

Trevor Bannister - 1st Mr. Lucas - b.1936

Frank Thornton - Capt. Peacock - b.1921

Wendy Richards MBE - Miss Brahms - b.1943

Nicholas Smith - Mr. Rumbold b.1934

Mr. Grainger, Young Mr. Grace and the Maintenance Guy died 1978, 1981 and 1995 respectively.

So any possible candidates for deathlist in the near future.

Guest Guest

ALL OF THE ABOVE I SHOULD THINK!

Guest guest  2

There were 2 actors that played Mr Grace , Kenneth Waller being the one of them he died in 2000, ( he was also Grandad in the sitcom Bread )

A friend of my family, sorry I have forgotten the name, is still with us . He was in the show for the very first season but always complained that "that bastard" Arthur English took his job.

Guest Elliot

You might be referring to Larry Martyn, who played Mr. Mash and was replaced by Arthur English in the fourth series. But Martyn died in the mid 1990's.

For some reason I've been humming the 'Are You Being Served?' theme tune all morning. The beginning sounds uncannily like the intro to 'Money' by Pink Floyd. I wonder if Ronnie Hazelhurst paid any royalties?

I often create tunes of my own within my mind. I go humming them through my days. Sometimes I think as if what you humm, may be the current phase of life you are living through.

You might be referring to Larry Martyn, who played Mr. Mash and was replaced by Arthur English in the fourth series. But Martyn died in the mid 1990's.

That's him.

I saw Trevor Bannister (Mr Lucas) in Guildford High Street yesterday, looking a bit rough ... but maybe he'd just been for a Christmas lunch or something.

I sooooo wanted to ask him "are you free?"

I saw Trevor Bannister (Mr Lucas) in Guildford High Street yesterday, looking a bit rough ...

I think he's got Parkinson's, perhaps that might explain it?

I saw this show a few times late night after the re-run of the BBC news on PBS. Can't say the show ever amused me and I am rather easy to amuse so if the whole lot of this show's cast kicked off I wouldn't exactluy be aggrieved.

Guest DeathInDuluth
I saw this show a few times late night after the re-run of the BBC news on PBS. Can't say the show ever amused me and I am rather easy to amuse so if the whole lot of this show's cast kicked off I wouldn't exactluy be aggrieved.

Oh come now. It was a brilliant show. I have seen every episode at least 20 times and can rattle of dialog from memory, sad I know.

Oh come now. It was a brilliant show. I have seen every episode at least 20 times and can rattle of dialog from memory, sad I know.

Your name is DEATH inDULUTH......you aren't helping promote tourism there are you? Is this the only enteretainment there in winter?

Nice news to get the day going.

I look forward to the inevitable tributes during the day.

Dame Wendy Richard, the highly unacclaimed non-oscar winning actress will no doubt offer a suitably sycophantic tribute.

A long illness, eh? No wonder his partner is devasted. He might be next.

Sky News Link

Tribute from John's manager...

"He was one of Britain's finest pantomime dames working to capacity audiences throughout Britain"

I wonder if his last words were "I'm free".

I'll get my coat..... :)

I look forward to the inevitable tributes during the day.

Dame Wendy Richard, the highly unacclaimed non-oscar winning actress will no doubt offer a suitably sycophantic tribute.

Well predicted that man, the bitter faced old hag was wittering on Radio 4 within half an hour of the announcement... 'Lovely man - my partner and I have been visiting him daily - blessing as the end of his suffering'... (not clear if this was due to his illness or having to look at Wendy's sour mush)

By the way, when did this happen. DAME Wendy Richard. surely its not true ???

her official website shed's no light.

I think this was a minor typo... Damn Wendy Richard

I believe it's called humour, on account of the success of various British thespian dames recently. Ah, that's killed it dead, hasn't it.

No, it's not true. She received an MBE, but only a Dame Grand Cross (GBE) or a Dame Commander (DBE) is admitted into knighthood and therefore allowed to call herself 'Dame'.

This might of course be general knowledge in Britain, so I probably sound like a pedantic foreign prat, but orders of chivalry and heraldry are some of my hidden (and admittedly trivial) interests, so I couln't withstand the temptation.

He was in my top 50 but I didn't select him anywhere else.

I will get points at Handrejka's deadpool for my any one choice (I think).