football_fan

Dead Drummers

Kex Gorin, original drummer with Magnum, has advanced lung and kidney cancer. The NHS can't afford to prolong his life with medication. :sicktherm:

Not altogether sure that he'll get a UK obit, but you never know...

dead

Bugger, I was thinking of including him on my 2008 HDP list.

• Like 1

Kex Gorin, original drummer with Magnum, has advanced lung and kidney cancer. The NHS can't afford to prolong his life with medication. :sicktherm:

Not altogether sure that he'll get a UK obit, but you never know...

dead

Bugger, I was thinking of including him on my 2008 HDP list.

Might be a let off there FF, let's see if any national paper sees fit to print it. I'm guessing the most coverage he'll get is summat in the likes of Classic Rock magazine. He'll probably be a 'they also served' listing in the other rock mags and - I'm guessing - no proper obit or fleeting mention in the nationals.

Keith Baxter, drummer for "3 Colours Red" has died of a heart attack at the age of 36

Guest Life Loss Lotto
Liver failure.

I'll see your Liver Failure, and raise you an Intestinal Complication.

We bid a fond "Ta-Ta" to Tata Guines, legendary Cuban conga player, who has died aged 77.

Unlike so many of his contemporaries who defected to the USA to pursue lucrative professional conga careers, Tata remained loyal to his country and his fans, retaining his amateur status and staying in Cuba. He won the world amateur conga title a record 7 times in a row, 9 times in total; unfortunately, we can only speculate upon the stratospheric accolades he could have achieved in the pro game... etc.

• Like 1

We bid a fond "Ta-Ta" to Tata Guines, legendary Cuban conga player, who has died aged 77.

Unlike so many of his contemporaries who defected to the USA to pursue lucrative professional conga careers, Tata remained loyal to his country and his fans, retaining his amateur status and staying in Cuba. He won the world amateur conga title a record 7 times in a row, 9 times in total; unfortunately, we can only speculate upon the stratospheric accolades he could have achieved in the pro game... etc.

Beat you too it Mr SC here courtesy of another DL'er, I did wonder if this was a better thread for it :skull:

We bid a fond "Ta-Ta" to Tata Guines...

Beat you too it Mr SC here ... I did wonder if this was a better thread for it :P

You were right, LG; this is a better thread for it. And at least I put some effort into my post :skull:

Scott Halpin has died

"Scot Halpin, who had his 15 minutes of fame literally one night back on November 20, 1973 drumming for The Who, has died at the age of 54.

At the time, 19 year old Halpin was attending a concert for The Who in San Francisco when then drummer Keith Moon passed out during 'Won't Get Fooled Again' and was carried off.

But the show must go on … and it did.

The Who performed without a drummer through 'Magic Bus' and 'See me Feel Me' until Pete Townshend asked the audience "Can anyone play the drums?"

Halpin, who could play drums but hadn't in a year, grabbed the chance for his 15 minutes of fame and took to the stage."

• Like 1

Scott Halpin has died

"Scot Halpin, who had his 15 minutes of fame literally one night back on November 20, 1973 drumming for The Who, has died at the age of 54.

At the time, 19 year old Halpin was attending a concert for The Who in San Francisco when then drummer Keith Moon passed out during 'Won't Get Fooled Again' and was carried off.

But the show must go on … and it did.

The Who performed without a drummer through 'Magic Bus' and 'See me Feel Me' until Pete Townshend asked the audience "Can anyone play the drums?"

Halpin, who could play drums but hadn't in a year, grabbed the chance for his 15 minutes of fame and took to the stage."

Ironic then that he's died ahead of two of the band, both a good bit older than him.

'Hope I die.....etc'

Buddy Miles, who drummed in The Band of Gypsys with Jimi Hendrix, has died at the age of 60.

Before anyone moans about this already being reported, this is in the right thread, and with a splendidly apt Spinal Tap reference to boot.

Ola Brunkert, drummer for ABBA, found dead in a freak Spanish gardening accident.

"Can you hear the drums Fernando..."

"No, not anymore"

Actually, I feel a bit dirty and guilty making such a joke as Abba are one of my all-time favourites ever ever ever. Ah well. RIP Ola :)

Guest SunGod

nerd.jpg

Go on you lot - rush for the tissues ha ha ha ha...

Guest SunGod
Nope, don't get it I'm afraid.

Go on you lot - rush for the tissues ha ha ha ha...

Bless ya - the beautiful irony...

You're a drummer aren't you?

Bless ya - the beautiful irony...

Off topic I know, but I do love your picture, because my young niece is called Chloe, and we call her Joey Deacon, and she has no idea why, or who he is.

we call her Joey Deacon, and she has no idea why, or who he is.

Who he WAS, sadly.

One stop shop online for all things Joey.

Why thank you very much, Lardy.

I don't think Joey Deacon had a too much of a clue who he was, either.

By the way, Joeys magnum opus, Tongue-Tied is available for the bargain price of 127 nicker on Amazon.

Off topic I know, but I do love your picture, because my young niece is called Chloe, and we call her Joey Deacon, and she has no idea why, or who he is.

we call her Joey Deacon, and she has no idea why, or who he is.

Who he WAS, sadly.

One stop shop online for all things Joey.

Of course, was, that's what I meant, I knew he was sadly no longer with us. And I have seen that site, very informative. We have pointed Chloe/Joey in the direction of the internet to find out who he is for herself, but she's only 10, so hasn't done so as yet as she is always on Bebo or MSN - I fear that when she does finally google Joey, she may not be terribly impressed. Ah well.

Edit - f**k me, 127 quid - I'd chew my own ear off for half that.

You don't think you're being a little harsh on the lass? ;)

We have pointed Chloe/Joey in the direction of the internet to find out who he is for herself, but she's only 10... I fear that when she does finally google Joey, she may not be terribly impressed.

Why thank you very much, Lardy.

I don't think Joey Deacon had a too much of a clue who he was, either.

;) I had never before seen this Joey Deacon guy; I thought that Anubis' animationist avatar was the DL's #7: Norman Wisdom!

Also, soory for being off-topic.

• Like 1