football_fan

Dead Drummers

Danny Bobbis, drummer for the hardcore punk band Cipher has been killed in a surfing accident in Indonesia.

Wipeout

Johnny Giosa former drummer for Bullet Boys has been killed in a car crash

Incidentally, John and Mick were also in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, another seemingly hardy band - only three dead ex-members out of about 25. Woke up this mornin'...

Ex-Bluesbreakers sticksman, and the only other Keef I've ever heard of, "Preston drummer" Keef Hartley has died.

Before joining the Bluesbreakers and forming his own band (who played at Woodstock, kids), he also manned the skins for Rory Storm & the Hurricanes, replacing some schmuck called Richard Starkey - whatever happened to him, I wonder?

Talking of which, Ringo looked a little gaunt being interviewed about some bloke who died a few years ago on today's Channel 4 news. Not 2012 material sure, but worth keeping an eye on.

Robbie France

"Former Skunk Anansie drummer and co-founder Robbie France has died aged 52 after reportedly suffering a ruptured aorta"

Robbie France

"Former Skunk Anansie drummer and co-founder Robbie France has died aged 52 after reportedly suffering a ruptured aorta"

Wow, Skunk Anansie, that takes me back...

Bet he doesn't feel good any more.

Robbie France

That doesn't mean it wasn't right.

regards,

Hein

Robbie France

That doesn't mean it wasn't right.

regards,

Hein

wow, I remember seeing Skunk Anansie just before their first album came out.

That's a real shame

Robbie France

He was probably feeling quite weak...

• Like 1

Lordi drummer Tonmi Lillman, aka 'Otus', has died aged 38. He joined in 2010 and was not present during their Eurovision success.

Ginger Baker, my favourite drummer of all time, is a spritely 66. From this link it seems he's still gigging and looking not too bad. Probably not a decent DL candidate until at least 2010, I reckon.

However, on the plus side, he did do a prodigious quantity of Heroin, LSD and Speed back in the day. He made Clapton look like Sister Lucia, and Keith Moon look like her novice.

I suspect those heady days of the late 60s/early 70s must be catching up with him...

I'll be wearing a black armband the day he dies but come on, Ginger, give me a Deathlist prediction-come-true to cheer about, eh?

I was just reading something about Cream and I remembered an interview with Ginger from back in the late 1990s where he was constantly rubbing his nose, if you know what I mean... I can't believe he has made it into his 70s. Even more surprising, I can't believe the only post on DeathList about him dates back to 2005...

He must have the constitution of an ox. Surely he can't have too many years left in him now though.

Cedric Sharpley, drummer for synth band Tubeway Army has died.

Everyone should know his three tap staccato at the beginning of Gary Numan's 1979 hit "Cars"...

One drummer to keep an eye on in the years to come would be Levon Helm, drummer and vocalist for The Band also the original drummer from back when they were known as The Hawks and were the backing band for Ronnie Hawkins.

He was diagnosed with throat cancer a few years ago, but operations were successfull and he's back drumming and touring with The Band.

He's had a benign lesion removed from his vocal cords. Apparently caused by acid reflux, which I don't think has anything to do with the lysergic experiences he probably enjoyed down at Big Pink.

"Levon Helm is in the final stages of his battle with cancer"

One drummer to keep an eye on in the years to come would be Levon Helm, drummer and vocalist for The Band also the original drummer from back when they were known as The Hawks and were the backing band for Ronnie Hawkins.

He was diagnosed with throat cancer a few years ago, but operations were successfull and he's back drumming and touring with The Band.

He's had a benign lesion removed from his vocal cords. Apparently caused by acid reflux, which I don't think has anything to do with the lysergic experiences he probably enjoyed down at Big Pink.

oh crap. He was only just recently touring with his daughter Amy.

I didn't put him on my dead pool because well, it's Levon and I just didn't want to tempt fate.

If it wasn't for him putting up a fight against Robbie Robertson then Muddy Waters would have been excluded as one of their guests for the Last Waltz

In the end they came to a compromise and cut Muddy Waters' set by one song so Neil Diamond could be included.

I give him until the end of summer.

Shame, The Band are criminally underrated.

Levon is a LEGEND !!!

I really hope he survives

Levon is a LEGEND !!!

Great actor as well. A few weeks ago I saw the movie Shooter, a Mark Wahlberg vehicle. I saw Levon's name in the credits and wondered what role he played. Completely missed it that he played a gun connaisseur! Great acting!

Levon is a LEGEND !!!

Great actor as well. A few weeks ago I saw the movie Shooter, a Mark Wahlberg vehicle. I saw Levon's name in the credits and wondered what role he played. Completely missed it that he played a gun connaisseur! Great acting!

Might have to give that film a watch.......cheers

Levon Helm has died. :rip::( .

They're dropping like flies this year. Why couldn't something like this have happened to Robbie Robertson?

That's another one of my heroes gone :-(