football_fan

Dead Drummers

Alan Myers

The drummer with Devo between 1976 and 1986 has died of cancer. He played on their biggest hit "Whip It".

Alan Myers

The drummer with Devo between 1976 and 1986 has died of cancer. He played on their biggest hit "Whip It".

Was he on this one?

Alan Myers

Was he on this one?

Yes he is. You chose that one on the title...

Ronald Shannon Jackson, "the most stately free-jazz drummer in the history of the idiom, a regal and thundering presence", has died aged 73. I imagine that means he hit any drum he felt like as hard as he felt like at any moment he felt like, but I'm buggered if I'm going to listen to confirm.

Louis Balfour was undoubtedly a big fan.

• Like 1

Dick Dodd, drummer, first as a Mouseketeer "Dickie," later, in the Surf Band Eddie and the Showmen, famous for the hit Mr. Moto, later still, in the band The Standells has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Dick was the lead singer on the hit song Dirty Water...still played at the end of every home game win at Fenway Park.

Former Joan Jett & The Blackhearts drummer Lee Crystal dies.

Just heard that Dick Dodd drummer for The Bel-Airs, Eddie & The Showmen, and the drummer and singer for The Standells of "Dirty Water" fame has lost his battle with cancer. Will post a link as soon as one appears.

Here's a link for Dick Dodd

Caravan drummer Richard Coughlan aged 66 after being in poor health for the past few years.

Caravan drummer Richard Coughlan aged 66 after being in poor health for the past few years.

Actually passed the man in the street not so long ago, didn't look well then. The band have a new (fan subscribed) album on the way and promotional gig(s) planned next year. I have a hunch that - despite losing a founder member - they'll go on with those plans.

Oh go away you robot cunt!

• Like 1

From tripping daisy to being buried under them.

Benjamin Curtis at 35

http://www.latimes.c...0,7689059.story

Doh

That Dec death is defo the biggest hit to my 2014 team cause of his age/off chance he could have been a unique hit.

Guest Guest

Bobby Gregg has died.He was the drummer for Bob Dylan on the song 'Like a Rolling Stone' , which is thought to be the greatest song of all time . He also played drum son the Simon and Garfunkel track 'Sound of Silence' among many other iconic songs http://obits.reviewj...G&pid=170946998

Bobby Gregg has died.He was the drummer for Bob Dylan on the song 'Like a Rolling Stone' , which is thought by some to be the greatest song of all time . He also played drum son the Simon and Garfunkel track 'Sound of Silence' among many other iconic songs http://obits.reviewj...G&pid=170946998

Fixed that for you.

Those are 2 of the least "drummy" songs I could think of.

Guest Floating In Space
Dreadful news. Natty Brooker, former drummer with seminal 80s druggy psychadelic band Spaceman 3 is suffering from terminal cancer. :(

Also an artist, he designed the album sleeve for Spiritualized's Laser Guided Melodies.

41W6P7PETSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

That's awful, apart from anything else his broadsheet obit chances are hard to call.

Natty Brooker passed away in April. No obituaries were forthcoming.