football_fan

Dead Drummers

Readily admitting he's played his last gig.

Shame, I've got a ticket to see him in July...just like I had a ticket to see Lemmy in January.

Who should I buy a ticket to see next?

Tony Blair's next lecture tour.

Yeah, but if the magic fails to work I might have to - like - turn up, that'd kill me!

If Glen Campbell could be coerced into doing one last gig, you could buy a ticket for that. ;)

If Glen Campbell could be coerced into doing one last gig, you could buy a ticket for that. ;)

Aye, now that gets me thinking. There's an awesome (kinda thing) album called Downloading the Repertoire by a guy called Jack Mudurian and - basically - he's a pensioner who knows loads of songs but can't seem to remember them beyond the first couple of lines. The album - near as makes no odds - is just 40 odd minutes of him on a porch launching into song after song. May inflict that on my listening public again someday

Readily admitting he's played his last gig.

Shame, I've got a ticket to see him in July...just like I had a ticket to see Lemmy in January.

Who should I buy a ticket to see next?

Bieber.

• Like 3

David Bowie's (amongst others) drummer Dennis Davis, dead after 'cancer battle'.

David Bowie's (amongst others) drummer Dennis Davis, dead after 'cancer battle'.

A part of his band during (in my opinion) his best time, sad. He's calling his people from beyond.

Possibly the best Irish drummer, Robbie Brennan, deid.

http://www.hotpress.com/news/17217739.html

Was in a host of bands, Skid Row (the good one), Grand Slam (both with Lynott pre Thin Lizzy, and I think Moore was in them as well) , Stepaside etc etc.

Peter Behrens, drummer with German band Trio who had a hit in the UK with Da Da Da, has died of multiple organ failure. He was 68. https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Behrens_(Schlagzeuger)&prev=search

Da Da Dead

Wow that really sucks. Trio and Error was voted by yours truly as one of the top 10 albums for 1983. Some great tunes on it, Da Da Da excluded.

SirC

Former Megadeth drummer Nick Menza dies after collapsing on stage, aged 51.

*make up your own puns*

Former Megadeth drummer Nick Menza dies after collapsing on stage, aged 51.

*make up your own puns*

"Menza joined OHM: last year after the passing of the band's previous drummer, David Eagle, who suffered a heart attack and had open-heart surgery in May 2015."

Now if this isn't a Spinal Tap situation, what is?

SC

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-megadeth-drummer-nick-menza-dies-at-51/#iqsTSu7oghPvoQ92.99

Early Tubeway Army drummer Barry Benn, who appeared on their 1978 single, Bombers, has reportedly died. https://twitter.com/GNDiscography/status/757520702379548672

Bombers:

Wasn't he drummer on the Pleasure Principal?. Oh damn I could look it up *exasperated sigh* looks like a bad year to be associated with Numan what with his mum passing a month ago.

SC

Wasn't he drummer on the Pleasure Principal?. Oh damn I could look it up *exasperated sigh* looks like a bad year to be associated with Numan what with his mum passing a month ago.

SC

Nope, that was Cedric Sharpley - Benn literally was in the band for a few months in 1978.

• Like 1

SC

Nope, that was Cedric Sharpley - Benn literally was in the band for a few months in 1978.

Yessir I realized that after I posted but our internet failed on our logging unit (oil field work trailer) and I was without any internet for 24 hours or more. THE HUMANITY!

SC

That does suggest a few other marginal types might get noticed. Does anyone know if Tony Tabac - one or two gigs in early Joy Division - is still breathing?

SC

That does suggest a few other marginal types might get noticed. Does anyone know if Tony Tabac - one or two gigs in early Joy Division - is still breathing?

I can't find anything on him, only that he played drums for a month in 1977.

Graham Hosie, drummer for the defunct Scots band Coinnach has just passed.

As per the fb of his long oppo/collaborator Davy Cowan.