football_fan

Dead Drummers

On 1/22/2018 at 16:51, ebless said:

Looks like a hoax. 

On 1/22/2018 at 20:20, maryportfuncity said:

Don't think so.

Bit dodgy all round since he was banged up for sexually assaulting a vulnerable young man who came to him for drum lessons. Explains some of the terse obits.

This MSN report includes a statement from KK Downing which pretty much confirms Holland's demise, so apparently not a hoax.

"It is with deep regret that I have to accept the sudden and unexpected news that Dave Holland has passed away. Dave was a solid friend in life and solid musician both on the stage and in the studio," wrote former Priest guitarist K.K. Downing on Facebook. "I will cherish the many gigs we played together and the albums that we made and I will always be grateful to the indelible contribution that Dave gave to Judas Priest. My sincere condolences to all of Dave’s loved ones Family and friends and to all of the fans that so much appreciated Dave’s musical ability and his life’s work. R.I.P. Dave."

Dahuad Sharr, drummer for Van Morrison in the 70's, dead, age & cause not specified. He also played with JerryGarcia, Etta Jame & The Rolling Stones.

Theolonius Monk/Miles Davis collaborator Leon Chandler dead aged 65. Drummer on Billie Jean among many others. Obits in German so far.

2 hours ago, msc said:

Theolonius Monk/Miles Davis collaborator Leon Chandler dead aged 65. Drummer on Billie Jean among many others. Obits in German so far.

Well it’s in English... lol 

http://www.okayplayer.com/music/ndugu-chancler-drummer-michael-jackson-billie-jean-dead-at-65.html

note it says Chancler not Chandler.

SC

Mickey Jones, who drummed for Bob Dylan in 1966, has apparently died according to a post on my Facebook feed.

40 minutes ago, JQW said:

Mickey Jones, who drummed for Bob Dylan in 1966, has apparently died according to a post on my Facebook feed.

Yep. Also was a member of Kenny Rogers and the First Edition, and had a pretty fruitful acting career in later life, with most news orgs taking his recurring role in Home Improvement to focus on.

42 minutes ago, JQW said:

Looks like he has report

Not really a fan of To Be With You but his drumming on "Take Cover" his great. R.I.P

Pete May, long term drummer for Cliff Richard and who was briefly in Manfred Mann's Earth Band, has died, according to Sir Cliff himself.

Oneida's drummer was in a "serious" car crash, but should recover.

" the hospital in Los Angeles"

You'd think a big city like LA would have more than one hospital.

• Like 4

Patrick Doyle who played drums with Veronica Falls, Sexy Kids and The Royal We, and more recently made music as Boys Forever and Basic Plumbing, has died. There has been no official statement, but friends and fellow musicians have posted tributes on social media.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/patrick-doyle-veronica-falls-boys-forever-rest-in-peace/

9 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Patrick Doyle who played drums with Veronica Falls, Sexy Kids and The Royal We, and more recently made music as Boys Forever and Basic Plumbing, has died. There has been no official statement, but friends and fellow musicians have posted tributes on social media.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/patrick-doyle-veronica-falls-boys-forever-rest-in-peace/

Before I open the obit, I PROMISE I'm not some old (54) crumudgeon who is stuck in the 70s and 80s.  I listen to whatever, esp having a child presently.  I also have 12 hours a day at work to listen to past or new shit on Youtube or Soundcloud.  But I have never heard of a single band listed, and gun to my head couldn't tell you what genre it even fits in.  This ain't the first time, but when you've been in 5 bands, by God shouldn't I know ONE of them?  RIP Patrick Doyle, whoever the fuck you were. 

(Maybe it's a pile of U.K. bands that were famous locally?)
SC

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Before I open the obit, I PROMISE I'm not some old (54) crumudgeon who is stuck in the 70s and 80s.  I listen to whatever, esp having a child presently.  I also have 12 hours a day at work to listen to past or new shit on Youtube or Soundcloud.  But I have never heard of a single band listed, and gun to my head couldn't tell you what genre it even fits in.  This ain't the first time, but when you've been in 5 bands, by God shouldn't I know ONE of them?  RIP Patrick Doyle, whoever the fuck you were. 

(Maybe it's a pile of U.K. bands that were famous locally?)
SC

I'm not saying I got all his albums, as I only listen to RnB tbh, but why is it that everyone time someone dies that is not an ice hockey player, you have to throw your toys out of the pram. YOu need help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertMugabe said:

I'm not saying I got all his albums, as I only listen to RnB tbh, but why is it that everyone time someone dies that is not an ice hockey player, you have to throw your toys out of the pram. YOu need help.

You forgot the university presidents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Guillermo Calero of Spanish death metal band Wormed dead at 27:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/wormed-drummer-guillermo-calero-has-died-at-27/

Okay, I know I make posts like this a lot but I'm genuinely really sad to hear. Wormed are one of my favorite death metal acts and they are so young, very shocking. 

• Sad 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 17:20, maryportfuncity said:

His FB page is filling up - also worked with Spooky Tooth

Link to FB page: https://www.facebook.com/mike.kellie.1

"The collective (AKA Spooky Tooth) got resurrected, with some of the musicians absent, in 1998 and 2004, the latest – last ever – reunion resulting in "Nomad Poets" which would serve as their epitaph now that the singer (Mike Harrison, 3-25-2018) and drummer (Mike Kellie 1-20-2017) have died." 
SC

Just heard that Frank Farley, drummer for The Pirates has died.

Will post a link once one becomes available.

X marks the spot, died he is.

• Haha 1