football_fan

Dead Drummers

Various reports coming in that original Comets drummer and occasional back-up singer Dick Richards has died aged 95:

Surprisingly did most of the stage work and drums on the early recordings seem to have been done by session musos.

On 05/06/2019 at 10:36, The Old Crem said:

Lawrence Leathers has died aged 37 - he was found beaten to death in a stairwell in New York.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-lawrence-leathers-dead-jazz-16261491

Two people indicted in death of Lawrence Leathers

https://people.com/crime/lawrence-leathers-jazz-musician-choked-30-minutes/

On 05/06/2019 at 15:36, The Old Crem said:

Lawrence Leathers has died aged 37 - he was found beaten to death in a stairwell in New York.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-lawrence-leathers-dead-jazz-16261491

That's either horrific or ironic - depending on the how well they kept time whilst beating him to death

11 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

That's either horrific or ironic - depending on the how well they kept time whilst beating him to death

They did it in beat to Priest's classic, Hell Bent for Leather.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Who?  Of the What?

Derek Trucks is a blues rock guitarist. He is the nephew of Butch Allman, was in The Allman Bros from 1999 on, and is married to blues rock musician Susan Tedeschi. 

He always had a rotating cast of musicians on his albums and live performances, so I can't assure you I totally know who Scott is, but deserves to be here nonetheless (just because you haven't heard of em, doesnt mean I or Phantom haven't heard of them-rule, fyi :D )

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jcc said:

That’s Kenny Dixon for those who wants to use the search bar, and he’s the most recent member of the 27 club. 

• Like 1

Frankie Banali, drummer most notably for his work in the classic era of Quiet Riot has stage 4 pancreatic cancer:skull:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Frankie Banali, drummer most notably for his work in the classic era of Quiet Riot has stage 4 pancreatic cancer:skull:

I remember him best from Southampton's mid-90s back four.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Ah fuck, I was wondering why he wasn't on the tour lineup when I saw them in August. 

Based on this picture alone I won't even bother putting him on my DDP longlist.

73388567_10157316555549193_5667468930600402944_o (1).jpg

He says he is on the mend.I hate to see what a turn for the worse looks like.

15 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

DDP q/o chances...not convinced myself!

This is the kind of propaganda that gets him taken off drop 40 consideration. He will QO.

3 hours ago, Banana said:

This is the kind of propaganda that gets him taken off drop 40 consideration. He will QO.

Aye, alright - I stand corrected.

21 hours ago, Banana said:

You and I have 180-degree diametrically opposed goals then.  I want as little exposure of my players on other teams as possible.  You want everyone to have your players.  One of us is out of our minds.
SC

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

You and I have 180-degree diametrically opposed goals then.  I want as little exposure of my players on other teams as possible.  You want everyone to have your players.  One of us is out of our minds.
SC

If you think the top players wouldn't have as good of a pick as Banali you're crazy. You're treating him as some sort of trade secret. But at least now we all know he's one of your players, so you kind of played yourself.

On 26/11/2019 at 06:59, Banana said:

I'm not 100% on that.... I mean, would the drummer from Warrant get a QO? Or the drummer from Loverboy? 

7 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I'm not 100% on that.... I mean, would the drummer from Warrant get a QO? Or the drummer from Loverboy? 

He’s already gotten a ton of press in American outlets. Remember people were worried about Eddie Money. 

Ooh, I've met Frankie Banali - when he was playing with W.A.S.P. on 'The Headless Children' tour. He seemed a good guy. Mind you, so did Chris Holmes...  Sure I've got a picture of him - I'll try and dig it out. 

Looks skinny and jaundiced on that picture above - touch and go whether he'll see 2020 I'd say.