football_fan

Dead Drummers

Just now, TomTomTelekom said:

Canadian Drummer Neil Peart, known as drummer and lyricist of the rock band Rush dead at 67 years:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/neil-peart-rush-obituary-936221/

He was inducted into the Modern Drummer magazine Hall of Fame in 1983.

Fairly clean livers by rock standards were Rush

Amazing that Banali and Kerslake have outlasted him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Fairly clean livers by rock standards were Rush

Amazing that Banali and Kerslake have outlasted him

When the band retired there was talk it was down to Pearts health. Which I assumed was a long runner like arthritis or Parkinsons...

Apparently it was brain cancer.

Ah, surprising... although with hindsight it seems like his health was mentioned quite a few times on the web, often on the worst clickbait site I know, "Alternative Nation".

Wow this really shocked me. I was a fan of rush. I think a lot of people believed that he was one the five greatest drummers of all time. They usually had him behind Bonham and moon and sometimes Phil Collins, so we may have lost the greatest living drummer today. Very sad! :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Canadian Drummer Neil Peart, known as drummer and lyricist of the rock band Rush dead at 67 years:

QO, if needed: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-rush-drummer-neil-peart-21257184

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, QueenElizabethIsAlmostDead said:

Wow this really shocked me. I was a fan of rush. I think a lot of people believed that he was one the five greatest drummers of all time. They usually had him behind Bonham and moon and sometimes Phil Collins, so we may have lost the greatest living drummer today. Very sad! :(

I like Rush as well, but didn't know Peart was ill.  Agree he was right up there with the best of drummers.  I also liked it how he had an electric xylophone as part if his drum kit setup.  

17 minutes ago, QueenElizabethIsAlmostDead said:

Saw Rush in concert at an outdoor festival during their last major tour, in 2013. Though I remember them from high school days 25-to-30 years prior, wasn't what you'd call a fan.  (They appealed to a certain crowd, who truly loved them.) Peart doing an extended solo while the other band members took a break was a sight to see.  Just listened to Distant Early Warning maybe two days ago.

• Like 1

Anyway, Brain cancer is as serious as pancreatic and much more serious than prostate cancer. I'm surprised that two my DDP picks, Frankie Banali and Lee Kerslake, who are also drummers, have outlived him.

Depends on the brain cancer tbh. Some brain cancer seems to be easily treatable, others like the big glio you do kind of have to give your farewell to...

Peart was up there amongst the greatest drummers of all time imo. 

As mentioned before, how in fuck is Kerslake still alive and Peart not?

2 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

A bit of a surprise for me. He was a good un. I have a vague recollection of seeing Rush live many years ago!

I'm really crying for Neil.
a huge loss for music.

A terrible loss, Mr. Peart was.  RIP

Sooooo sad. Seen him many times over the years. RIP Neil

I don't know as much about Rush as I do about other progressive rock bands like Yes and King Crimson, but every time I've heard their music I've really enjoyed it and from everything that I'm aware he was a really talented drummer and this is a major loss to the music world

Vinnie Value (who played in Warzone, Kill Your Idols, No Redeeming Social Value, Grey Area, and other bands) has passed away. No cause of death has been revealed at this time, but Vinnie had been struggling with a spinal condition before his untimely passing.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/vinnie-value-warzone-kill-your-idols-nrsv-has-passed-away/?fbclid=IwAR3jYixZ52GjtMpK7HdqaVKzvB7W72-KGC7AxT4FZTt33i_LsRvRLJuOLRk

(inb4 'Who?')

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-death-and-cynic-drummer-sean-reinert-dead-at-48/

Former DEATH And CYNIC Drummer SEAN REINERT Dead At 48

Maybe they should start naming these bands things like Immortality and Javier Perez De Cuellar instead.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4