football_fan

Dead Drummers

Gutted by the one. Look at this clip and ask yourself, how in hell's name can you do this every night! Most will call it noise, I caĺl it art. He was also the one who suggested Slipknot as the name for the band.

Though no longer active in the band, he's the second founding member to fall, after Paul Gray and the second major metal death this week after Mike Howe, singer of Metal Church.

In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine after the release of their second album he said;

Look what we’ve done on the new one [Iowa]. I know we’ve succeeded every time I listen to it. I think four albums will tie everything together. This band is so physical, it’s literally trimming years off our lives. This music is hard to play, and it’s hard on us. But we love it.Look what we’ve done on the new one [Iowa]. I know we’ve succeeded every time I listen to it. I think four albums will tie everything together. This band is so physical, it’s literally trimming years off our lives. This music is hard to play, and it’s hard on us. But we love it.

How right he was......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Charles Connor, who drummed for Little Richard and also worked with greats like James Brown and Sam Cooke, has died. He was 86.

https://www.coastreporter.net/the-mix/charles-connor-drummer-for-little-richard-dies-at-age-86-4186142

Here he is with Slim Jim Phantom

Screenshot_20210801-191654.png

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 19:55, ObakeFilter said:

Gary “Chicken” Hirsh, who played drums with the Berkeley, California-based Country Joe and the Fish between 1967-69, died Aug. 17, 2021, according to a Facebook tribute page in his honor. 

https://bestclassicbands.com/gary-chicken-hirsh-obituary-country-joe-fish-8-23-21/

First of the band to die, which for 60s psychedelic bands is not a bad innings at all.

Charlie Watts. A stone which is no longer Rolling :o

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not a good week for drummers.

Not a good time for Drummers Gnger, Peart and Watts all dead in a relitvley short period of time

• Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, De_Seal said:

Not a good time for Drummers Gnger, Peart and Watts all dead in a relitvley short period of time

Aye well...Strangler Jet Black is 83 today and it looks like he's going to see it out despite having collected enough life-threatening illness to be on our radar.

34 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye well...Strangler Jet Black is 83 today and it looks like he's going to see it out despite having collected enough life-threatening illness to be on our radar.

He suffered a massive stroke in late 2019 and has since outlived a seemingly healthier band mate. He's done very well to still be around.

• Like 1

Kenny Malone, drummer who played for artists including Dobie Gray and Donna Fargo, dead from coronavirus related complications aged 83.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, De_Seal said:

If relatively short time means 2 years, then sure

14 hours ago, De_Seal said:

Don't forget Keith & Bonzo.

5 hours ago, time said:

Don't forget Keith & Bonzo.

Or the coachload of Spinal Tap sticksmen who've copped it over the years. 

Drowning in vomit, a terrible way to go. But when it's not even your own vomit....:wacko:

• Haha 1

Another obitable one still keeping time

Clem Cattini (played on more #1s that - I think - any other musician in British chart history), 84 today

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

He has indeed passed away. Here he is with Allen Charmin' Larman. 

240602861_10226606417377534_2350915176529793994_n.jpg

7 hours ago, Phantom said:

He has indeed passed away. Here he is with Allen Charmin' Larman. 

240602861_10226606417377534_2350915176529793994_n.jpg

Murdered by his wife after using a months worth of eyebrow pencils to dye his hair and 'tache! 

Or summat.