football_fan

Dead Drummers

34 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sib Hashian, who appeared on the first two albums for Boston, has died aged 67. http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/23/boston-drummer-sib-hashian-dead/

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sib_Hashian

More Than A Feeling (UK #22):

Just a shade over ten years since Brad Delp's death, too.

Yes. And most certainly you should delete 'dang'.....

22 minutes ago, charon said:

Yes. And most certainly you should delete 'dang'.....

The one that took me literally years to figure out was 'dayum'.  I thought it was something out of that Harry Belafonte song.

• Like 2

Scotty Miller, drummer of the funk band Instant Funk (best known for the tune below), ist tot.

On 3/26/2017 at 16:29, ObakeFilter said:

Wow -- I missed this one during my absence.  Very interesting band, Rachel's was.  Sad to hear this news.

SC

Cecilia Kuhn, whose drumming for the fearless feminist punk band Frightwig inspired countless musicians, has died of cancer. She was 61.

Frightwig bassist Deanna Mitchell posted on the band's Facebook page last week that Kuhn had died that Thursday.

SC

1 hour ago, ObakeFilter said:
Keith Mitchell, (former) drummer of Mazzy Star, has been confirmed dead by the band in their Facebook page.

EDIT: Rolling Stone mag now reporting http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/mazzy-star-drummer-keith-mitchell-dead-w482297

Fade Out of View...

20 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:
Keith Mitchell, (former) drummer of Mazzy Star, has been confirmed dead by the band in their Facebook page.

EDIT: Rolling Stone mag now reporting http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/mazzy-star-drummer-keith-mitchell-dead-w482297

I may be the only one but I love Mazzy Star.  For not much going on in the world of death the past three weeks, I seem to be feeling melancholy about a few that we have lost.
:( SC

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I may be the only one but I love Mazzy Star.  For not much going on in the world of death the past three weeks, I seem to be feeling melancholy about a few that we have lost.

Well, I do too, and their fanbase is pretty vast I believe. Sad stuff indeed, also not so long after The Chameleons and Inspiral Carpets have lost a drummer too, not a great year for this scene. And i'm afraid there will be more. Robert Grey maybe?

9 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Not the only one SC.  A sad loss, although drumming for the band surely can't have been the most taxing of gigs.

Also, Opal, the precursor to Mazzy Star were pretty damned good.

• Like 1

Former drummer of thrash metal band Warbringer, Nic Ritter, passed away aged 36 according to his former band's Facebook page.

On 5/16/2017 at 08:39, ObakeFilter said:

Well, I do too, and their fanbase is pretty vast I believe. Sad stuff indeed, also not so long after The Chameleons and Inspiral Carpets have lost a drummer too, not a great year for this scene. And i'm afraid there will be more. Robert Grey maybe?

Yeah, the Chameleons were one of my all time favourite bands, I really championed them in the USA when no one knew them (I worked in a campus radio station and we received The Chameleons first album in the catalog (vinyl tyvm) and took it home for a listen, and that was that.  The station played primarily jazz, so I figured they wouldn't miss this offering.).  My sister, who spent time in Salford and Manchester, was more the Inspiral Carpets fan.  She plays in my DP and so yes, all these drummers were news we didn't want to hear.
SC

3 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Former drummer of thrash metal band Warbringer, Nic Ritter, passed away aged 36 according to his former band's Facebook page.

On 7/13/2017 at 02:04, ObakeFilter said:

Ben Eyestone, drummer of rock band 'The Lonely H', is dead from colon cancer.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/music/nashville-cream/article/20867412/nashville-musician-ben-eyestone-dies-at-30

That is some local area band, don't we have any litmus test at all or can we post anyone from any band ever?  Check your source 'Nashville Scene' I mean give me a break.  Post whore.

SC

I've heard that noteworthy LA session drummer Hal Blaine hasn't got long left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JQW said:

I've heard that noteworthy LA session drummer Hal Blaine hasn't got long left. 

Yes, he is very notable and very prolific. I have him on my longlist. I just looked up some of the notable hits he played on: Eve Of Destruction by Barry McGuire, These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra, multiple Beach Boys songs and more. Good choice for 2017 and if he makes it to 2018 I'd put him on my main 50.

My drummers team is currently having no score. It desperately needs a huge comeback to overtake shameless in the theme team league. Sigh...