Suharto receives a "Time"ly windfall...

The supreme court has ordered Time magazine to pay $106m (£53m) in damages for defaming former Indonesian dictator Suharto by alleging that his family amassed $15bn during his 32-year rule.

If only someone would falsely accuse me of embezzlement...

"The article and photographs hurt the image and pride of the plaintiff as a great retired army general and the former Indonesian president," a supreme court spokesman told The Associated Press.

Suharto's lawyer, Muhamad Assegaf, welcomed the "surprise verdict".

Guest chandarang

I think he will di this year ,

then his children will have to pay what they stole

from the people.

Guest indoguy82

He has to die this 2008... along with his family... God please granted this wish...

There are slightly conflicting reports on his condition.

This one states

"His condition is stable," Dr Mardjo Soebiandono, a doctor who has treated Suharto for many years, told Reuters. "He is undergoing complete physical checks. He hasn't done that for some time. He's feeling weak."

One of Suharto's lawyers, Mohammad Assegaf, said Suharto was undergoing a normal medical check-up.

"This afternoon he was taken to hospital but there's nothing serious, just a usual check-up," he told Reuters.

He said he did not know how long Suharto would remain in the hospital.

However you have

The former Indonesian president Suharto was admitted to hospital on Friday although there were no immediate details of his illness, according to his lawyer, Juan Felix Tampubolon.

Suharto, 86, checked into a private hospital in south Jakarta.

"If it's not serious, of course he wouldn't be hospitalised," said Tampubolon.

a bit more information

Suharto, 86, complained about "swelling of his feet and other parts of his body," said Dr. Joko Raharjo, a member of Suharto's medical team at Pertamina Hospital.

a bit more information

Suharto, 86, complained about "swelling of his feet and other parts of his body," said Dr. Joko Raharjo, a member of Suharto's medical team at Pertamina Hospital.

Sounds like Congestive heart failure. I have a talent diagnosing people that I've never seen or talked to. :)

a bit more information

Sounds like Congestive heart failure. I have a talent diagnosing people that I've never seen or talked to. :)

We can only live in hope :banghead:

a bit more information

We can only live in hope :banghead:

I'd have gone for liver failure myself.

Anyway, I'm boycotting Indonesians for deadpools following the shambolic way in which the Bali Bombers weren't executed last year.

If anybody wants a flashback I'll remind you of (May - 2006) when the 'Suharto tease' sustained a very convincing impact. It might have even had me bought but in the end the whole ordeal was probably very over exaggerated - just as this is now. There are one of three articles mentioning the 'hospitalization' of 'Suharto' and I'm not saying it's bullshit but one stands out most to me and it is from 'The Gulf News' the hint is 'Suharto is feeling weak' http://www.gulfnews.com/world/Indonesia/10179368.html

(Five Minutes Ago) article reveals Suharto was admitted for 'anemia' and 'intestinal swelling' and on result of these ailments he has partial brain damage and some speech loss. The family has advised 'they are concerned' - Now is this the show down for Suharto or is he trying to tease everybody again?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/110...ia_suharto.html

According to the BBC this morning he is now 'critical' after his condition deteriorated overnight. His condition is now described as 'stable' but he has been put on kidney dialysis and needs a second pacemaker operation.

I doubt he's get the pacemaker, I don't think he sounds well enough to survive the op.

Looks like we might be off to and early start for 2008.

(Sorry didn't see the article posted above. I heard the news on the radio).

Hear my plead for just over 120 hours into the year Emperor Suharto is losing his fight at the final show down and at this expense we will rejoice over the essential outcome which sparks the fire we cherish for 365 days.

CNN says he is improving...

One can only hope that, like Papon, Valenti and Pinochet, that it's only temporary, but Suharto does seem to have a way of recovering from these things. Wouldn't mind an early, guilt-free DL and, personally, HDP hit though.

Guest Richard Morgan
CNN says he is improving...

One can only hope that, like Papon, Valenti and Pinochet, that it's only temporary, but Suharto does seem to have a way of recovering from these things. Wouldn't mind an early, guilt-free DL and, personally, HDP hit though.

Suharto has kidney failure and serious heart troubles. I believe Suharto can be the first hit of Deathist 2008.

Ailing Suharto getting worse

JAKARTA: Former Indonesian dictator Suharto’s condition deteriorated on Saturday, his doctors said, a day after the 86-year-old was hospitalised with a weakening heart and kidneys.

Oh He is goin to make it to 2009 (with my record on guessing these types of things he will probably be dead within hours)

Indonesia's Suharto's Health Worsens

JAKARTA, Indonesia - Former Indonesian dictator Suharto's health appeared to be worsening Tuesday, with signs of internal bleeding and fluid building up in his lungs, the chief presidential doctor said.

I don't know what to believe. Some news reports say his condition is improving, while others say that it is getting worst.

Indonesia's Suharto's Health Worsens

JAKARTA, Indonesia - Former Indonesian dictator Suharto's health appeared to be worsening Tuesday, with signs of internal bleeding and fluid building up in his lungs, the chief presidential doctor said.

I don't know what to believe. Some news reports say his condition is improving, while others say that it is getting worst.

Suharto's condition goes up and down and up and down... just let it go all the way down and get it over with!